Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

First SI thread of the year!

Hello,

I was re-reading the SI article and it awoke the urge to play a game. I have not organized one before, but I am willing to give it a try any one interested? (I have played only once before and did poorly, so don't worry about jumping in with the sharks here)

I figure, assuming we get enough people, that we will start the game on Friday so we have the weekend to hopefully get through the start fairly quickly. *Edit* and that a full roster! woo woo.

players:
    StudentEternal (organizer)
    tikey
    warduke
    VonTed
    baboonanza
    LowKey
    Last edited by studenteternal; 09-01-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: adding players to the list

You have my sword!

And my bow!

Activated Node
    You had me at hello.

Network Hub
    I'm in.Sent you my email for dropbox

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I'll swoop in for the last place

Activated Node
    We have a full game, I will get it set up and ready up a drop box to submit turns to when I get home tonight, if people can go ahead and send me the e-mail address you want to be contacted on.

So a couple house keeping things:
    How long should we wait before dropping someone for delay of game (I lean towards 48 hours without contact, if you are going to be unavailable for more then 2 days let me know)
    preferences for Maps, size, type, PoPs, and gamelegth? (if not I will just use defaults\pick randomly\let my 18 month old choose)
    Do we want to share e-mail address to allow out of game politicing? Or restrict diplomancy to in game? (also is anyone unconfortable sharing e-mail addresses on a e-mail thread? We can use this forums messaging system if people want to metagame but don't want to share e-mail information)

if all goes well I will hopefully process turn one when I get home Friday! this would also be a good place to bring up anything I have forgotten or that you want to address or say before game starts :)

Network Hub
    48 is too harsh. SI isn't that important in my life that I can promise not to forget about it for a few days during a slow patch. And there will be slow patches if my experience is anything to go by. We may start with nearly a turn a day but towards the middle and end it will be a lot slower.

Activated Node
    Fair enough, I do like the idea of a hard cutoff though so we don't cause the entire game to drop if we lose one player, how about a week, 7 days without contact gets you dropped and you can pick up the next game. :) if you are going to be away from keyboard for longer then a week let us know first.

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    48 is too harsh. SI isn't that important in my life that I can promise not to forget about it for a few days during a slow patch. And there will be slow patches if my experience is anything to go by. We may start with nearly a turn a day but towards the middle and end it will be a lot slower.
    I agree. I always prefer not to AI people. Also I might not be able to play on weekends as I, finally, have a social life. Those things happen

Also I prefer shorter games with medium map sizes. Any map but not lake of fire (silly OP PoP). With rectification and census activated.

Activated Node
    Everyone who has sent me an e-mail address should have an invite to a dropbox folder now, vonted and warduke please get that sent in so we can start the game today. At this point I am planning to create the game and send out first turn files about 2100 GMT-6.

Also, this is my first time as cordinator, and I have only played a couple games previously, so if you guys have suggestions to help things go smoothly let me know, otherwise... Cower in Fear of my diabolic might!!

Activated Node
    All player e-mails received, game created, your invites should be waiting for you in the infernum Eternalis drop box folder, put the turn files into the turn one folder there when you are done and I will check on it regularly. If anyone has a solution they like better then dropbox, this would be a good time to mention it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    drop box is fine but a link to the save folder would be very useful!

Activated Node
    Emailed the start back to you.

I'm having trouble with dropbox. The bastard doesn't want to load properly and gives me error 500 most of the time. I'll keep looking into it.

Activated Node
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o0iioiwk3aa0arh/SVEod1d_2x link to the turn 1 dropbox folder

Tikey, I sent you a message, if drop box is still behaving badly ffel free to email me your turn directly

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by studenteternal View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o0iioiwk3aa0arh/SVEod1d_2x link to the turn 1 dropbox folder

Tikey, I sent you a message, if drop box is still behaving badly ffel free to email me your turn directly
    I still haven't recieved a link to the folder with the invites / main save in. I PM'd you my email again in case there was an error.

I managed to get into the shared folder, so I'm ready to play.

Activated Node
    Looks like I transposed a letter in the invite, you should be able to join now.

Network Hub
    Great, got it now and put my turn file in.