Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Last week's TVA Friday was not too bad, but I agree that we have had more interesting ops nights. An important issue for me was that despite having a large alliance on our side it rarely felt like it. Several times it felt like we were quite isolated.

To adress this issue, more clear inter-outfit cooperation would be nice. Another, simpler approach would be more information on the large scale strategy to put our effort into context. If we knew that holding that line, or doing that lancer nest, or capping that abandoned base was the make or break moment of the evening, it would probably feel more worthwhile.

You're a good PL and TVA liaison, Nick, and how you manage to combine the two as well as you do is quite impressive. However, I think an improvement could be achieved from splitting the two roles. Both are very demanding and will influence morale and enjoyment of the event. Having a dedicated tactical PL/SL and a dedicated liaison will allow both roles to perform optimally.

Now, if the liaison is only liaison and not responsible for tactics, he or she can focus on conveying the large scale strategy more and thereby increase understanding of the TVA operation. The liaison might still want to be PL, depending on their personal preference, in order to place waypoints, but the most important point is that another person would be responsible for the tactical side.

What I found to be working quite well for structuring a few StratGir events this winter was to pose a simple question a couple of days in advance in the StratGir thread: "Who would like to PL and SL for StratGir this week?" This has two purposes. The first is to make sure that a person is prepared to PL and that others are available for the SL slots. The second, and perhaps most important, purpose is to allow the PL and SLs to start thinking about the event and enter it with a little more focused and positive mindset.

Could we start ensuring that a willing tactical leader and a willing liaison are available for the TVA Fridays by asking people to apply here?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    MDK used to be awesome when I was still doing the liaising. M1dnight was their translator then, and they'd pretty much always comply with reinforcement requests and such. Currently, the translator situation is a bit difficult, i think. Same for FRC, but not sure on that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    +1 for Nick as TVA liaison/PL! You do a wonderful job of it every time. More information on what other outfits are doing, and why what we're doing is important is always good though, even if you happen to be pretty decent at it already.

+1 for LaKroy's suggestion of pre-arranging leadership! It works well for StratGir, it'll certainly work well here too...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    So people shouldn't give feedback? Saying "I'd rather we didn't do this" in unacceptable outside of prescribed times?
    That's neither the RPS I know, nor a productive way of going about things.

That said, I think "RPS always get the shit jobs in TVA" isn't true. I think it's just because you only notice when given the shit jobs. Plenty if times TVA requests come down to pile right on in there. Also, plenty of times, we ask other outfits to do the shit jobs. They don't always abide.

The only problems I have with TVA are A)attempts at syncronized stuff and B) MDK.
    A) - because it always takes so long that it's irrelevant by the time it comes off. The amount of times we've been ordered to hold back for a TVA max crash, and by the time the "go" comes through, the fight is already over are ridiculous.
    B) Because they're perfectly nice guys and all. But they have a real habit of deploying to somewhere we've already got under control, reported that we have under control, and then after arriving, announcing that they have it under control...
    Please read the rest of my comments. I did not say that people shouldn't give feedback.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Did I miss something? while there should be TVA ops there are 2 guys on TS3 and 17 on Mumble; is the TS3 idea for TVA-Fridays dead? Or are we using TS only on server-wide fridays?
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Yeah, the TS3 is only for the shared/joint ops, which is not tonight.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Some clarification:

- TVA Friday ops are intended to bring a bit more cooperation to TVA on Fridays by having a dedicated 'command team' and, as outfits wish, sharing TVA TS comms.
    - The 'command team' does not mean 'we take orders from them and do as we are told'.

I've heard some whingeing about this recently

- If you find TVA Command are sending us to bad fights then tell them.

Do not sulk, moan and then distance yourself from TVA in the future like I've seen people doing. The reason we got shit fights in the past was basically poor leadership and communication from us. Inform TVA what's going on, don't wait for orders but tell them what RPS are doing. If the fight is shit, leave and tell them you are leaving, do not wait for permission to leave.

We are an independent outfit with independent leaders who should think for themselves. TVA works best when good leaders work together, the slightly more formal system for Fridays does not change this.

Also, TVA leaders do respect us, the idea they send us to shit fights because they don't respect us is utter bullshit.

I intend to lead a Friday soon, probably next week. I expect you lot to shift your weight when I do.

In the meantime, we need more TVA liaisons more regularly. We are stronger and perform better when we work with them, always, regardless. We need eladers who cooperate and communicate. Specifically we need leaders who are better at communicating to the RPS platoon the ways they work with TVA. A lot of this happens behind the scenes and I don't think many of our members realise what's going on. Let them no, and don't indulge the whingeing sulking I've been hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Bump.

A few TVA commanders have discussed holding a meeting between Miller & Woodman VS Outfits, here.
    The meeting will have hopefully taken place by August 1st, in good time prior to the MergerSmash. This meeting will serve as an introduction to our new allies and help us gauge how to take things further for our faction.

This post has been officially sent to the Woodman Reddit by [VC] Stanis, and will now hopefully start circulating and gathering interest. We've always been underpopped and we've usually been outnumbered, but interestingly; we will soon stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of mega outfit KOTV, who are notorious for being able to harness a huge force of VS.

TVA Fridays sort of imploded after that last MAC event, but with the merge comes a big-big change to population and ultimately the game atmosphere as we know it. My plan is for TVA Fridays to have a revival on the back of this and for RPS to have a strong influence in breathing new life into TVA on the whole, and coordination with our soon-to-be Woodman allies
    Last edited by NickWhite; 17-07-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Or form some new alliance with the same purpose, whichever turns out to be appropriate. I'm all for this, and had a quick chat about it with Stanis tonight too. Exciting times!

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Bump.

A few TVA commanders have discussed holding a meeting between Miller & Woodman VS Outfits, here.
    The meeting will have hopefully taken place by August 1st, in good time prior to the MergerSmash. This meeting will serve as an introduction to our new allies and help us gauge how to take things further for our faction.

This post has been officially sent to the Woodman Reddit by [VC] Stanis, and will now hopefully start circulating and gathering interest.
    Ok so for anyone interested in this, there is to be a VS meeting tonight at 20:00 BST. The meeting will involve Miller and Woodman VS outfits and will follow this agenda:

• Removal of Trolls. If any.
    • Welcome
    • History & Purpose of TVA
    • Outfits - Introductions by Woodman
    • Outfits - Introductions by Miller
    • Teamspeak - Website - Unity - /leader
    • Enemy plans
    • Future Steps
    • Q&A
    • End of meeting & Free chat for all.

Anyone from RPS is welcome to come and sit in with me, though it would be especially nice to get as many Council members and leadership representatives in as possible - please!

All you need to do is sign into the TVA TS (Address in RPS MOTD in-game) and edit your nickname so it includes the [RPS] tag.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Ok so for anyone interested in this, there is to be a VS meeting tonight at 20:00 BST. The meeting will involve Miller and Woodman VS outfits and will follow this agenda:

• Removal of Trolls. If any.
    • Welcome
    • History & Purpose of TVA
    • Outfits - Introductions by Woodman
    • Outfits - Introductions by Miller
    • Teamspeak - Website - Unity - /leader
    • Enemy plans
    • Future Steps
    • Q&A
    • End of meeting & Free chat for all.

Anyone from RPS is welcome to come and sit in with me, though it would be especially nice to get as many Council members and leadership representatives in as possible - please!

All you need to do is sign into the TVA TS (Address in RPS MOTD in-game) and edit your nickname so it includes the [RPS] tag.
    I feel a strong sense of duty coming on....
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

The merge is upon us. Today.

I know many of you often take Fridays as an opportunity to join our blue nemeses, but I propose the giraffes put their best hoof forward and field a decent squad to welcome the NC and TR scum from Woodman.

If there's not a more experienced liaison online, I'm happy to keep one ear on TVA (please let there be a more capable/experienced liaison online), and I'm also throwing my hat in the ring for SL of a strict Stratgir squad. Strict as in probably shouting, so deal with it.

Get your fucking lashers, lancers and redeploy keys ready, brethren, it's time for a good old fashion stampede. Who wants to join the first Giraffe Corps on the new look Miller?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    The merge is upon us. Today.

I know many of you often take Fridays as an opportunity to join our blue nemeses, but I propose the giraffes put their best hoof forward and field a decent squad to welcome the NC and TR scum from Woodman.

If there's not a more experienced liaison online, I'm happy to keep one ear on TVA (please let there be a more capable/experienced liaison online), and I'm also throwing my hat in the ring for SL of a strict Stratgir squad. Strict as in probably shouting, so deal with it.

Get your fucking lashers, lancers and redeploy keys ready, brethren, it's time for a good old fashion stampede. Who wants to join the first Giraffe Corps on the new look Miller?

I'd like to be tactical too!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'm keen though have a few things to do this evening so not sure what time I'll join. Do you have a planned start? Also, I'm not sure if I'd be better in a tactical squad or as a roaming farmer - rather depends on my mood at the time. You can be sure I won't join the tactical squad unless I'm well up for doing as I'm told.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Ill be on from 1930 BST, but of course people are welcome to drop in as and when their schedule suits!

Ooh, I'd really like that! Might need to pull out of the Freedom Friday if this is gonna happen...

Shucks, today is my wedding anniversary so I can't come

I'd like to be tactical and I will try and fix my microphone so I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Shucks, today is my wedding anniversary so I can't come :(
    Get your priorities straight. :)