Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    The host was moved to another computer to improve connections and lower ping.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

It seems to me that the way to succeed in Survival PVP is to have a mobile base. Building a station is just asking to get yourself nuked. Automated defenses are useless. If the enemy starts throwing suicide ships at you and you cannot move out of the way you are dead. The end.
    Steam: tryqus

Maybe Im looking for some attention. Anyhow we have a big enough ship now anyway, we could load it up with everything we have and head out
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Pistons and Batteries coming now.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Cargo ships just need to be disabled until they get fixed so they actually defend themselves.

Nim

K. Is anyone else bothering at all? Now that nim and I have made our base mobile it seems a bit silly if theres noone to share the hurt with.
    - Tom De Roeck.

oh my, the new antennae system is awesome. did everyone get how it works?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Benzene has entered the building

I think the pink grinder is in danger
    - Tom De Roeck.

I don't know if it's the server or this latest update but the rotor I was playing with earlier was going fricking NUTS.

Rotors in mp are a bit iffy.
    - Tom De Roeck.

They should just remove reactors from small ships entirely and have them run on batteries.

yeah, but it always takes a while to implement big stuff like that.

Either way, I finished setting up our antennae network and moved our base somewhere safer.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yeah well it's always the same outcry: "If you don't like it don't use it." I really like the update schedule, I'm always excited to see what Thursday will bring in SE.

So I was looking at my Blade Fighter and it occurred to me that it's a little stumpy. I've extended the length by an additional 6 small cubes, I've made a number of alterations to try and bring it more in line with the source material, and I've removed the reactor and replaced it with two batteries. Just waiting for them to charge up now so I can test it. If need be I think I can fit two more batteries in the hull. Overall mass hasn't increased much, no doubt because of the removal of the LARGE reactor.

Large reactors only make sense if you have large thrusters. And atleast you can spread out the small ones everywhere.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Also atleast batteries charge with less power available just slower. Also they dont take power away from stuff so you dont get an overloaded and everything stops working

See our base.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I like the look of the game but I'm far too addicted to Wildstar to pick it up right now. I'd love to see some screenshots of your ships though guys.
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Elite: Dangerous

Nim is making some nice ones, in survival, though, it all comes down to what survives and what stuff you can get your hands on.

So I usually end up making very simple designs that dont cost much in components.

Also, the more advanced stuff doesnt work properly yet in multiplayer, like rotors.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I'm heavily attracted to this game, may I ask for a pre-emptive invite? I fear I'll impulse buy it any time now...
    (Yes, I know it's under 20€, I'm poor and I don't usually buy anything over 10).

Also, are there environmental hazards or some kind of reason to build cool stuff or is it just self-motivated? Minecraft survival in space would be good enough for me. Is there any exploration motivation?
    Last edited by zanchito; 24-07-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    I'm heavily attracted to this game, may I ask for a pre-emptive invite? I fear I'll impulse buy it any time now...
    (Yes, I know it's under 20€, I'm poor and I don't usually buy anything over 10).

Also, are there environmental hazards or some kind of reason to build cool stuff or is it just self-motivated? Minecraft survival in space would be good enough for me. Is there any exploration motivation?
    as of now, there is just survival against other players, unless I were to switch on meteors, which I wont. (because the turrets arent good enough to shoot them all down yet)

whats your steam nick?
    - Tom De Roeck.