Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Zanchito . Thanks, sir!

Honestly, I don't know how would they make it interesting to explore / survive without going into sci-fi stuff, but without that, I don't know how much longevity tthe game would have.

Well they definitely have dangers and all of that planned. I think there should be a beast npc similar to homeworld cataclysm that infects or corroded ships as a server wide threat.

Ill add you later on.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=7006622

Oh my, pistons blast doors, automatic batteries, thrusters on off switches without cockpits.

Oh. My.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Every thursday is like fricking christmas.
    Steam: tryqus

aye. and theyre doing netcode as well. now the only thing missing is players on the RPS server D:
    - Tom De Roeck.

acolyte.jpg
    Acolyte (1).jpg
    blade.jpg
    blade 2.jpg

I'm on a bit of a homeworld binge right now.

I tried to put a turret on top of the "Mothership" but it didn't go very well. Rotors are completely jacked on our server. I've been doing some testing with blast doors and pistons; dey be pretty cool. I made an elevator, and that pop up turret deal from the update video, and some pretty nifty blast doors. They're not without their quirks as well, but they're far simpler than fricking rotors.
    Last edited by Nim.Was.Taken; 27-07-2014 at 09:23 AM.

I saw, looks like a good construction but until they make rotors controllable by pilot seats its useless to use a small ship frame. just build it ontop of the large ship (or atleast, do so when they fix it)

HOWEVER! we could build a deconstructor thusly:

have a large grid of grinders attached to mass blocks (we will need to group them) then attach the whole thing to pistons but set to brakes off, but so we can have clusters of grinders slowly descending while others that take longer stay higher. good for roundish ships, savvy? We can use the same system for mining, where you attach the mining blocks to pistons instead of having a rotor, so it just lowers itself without having to move the whole ship.

should test in creative first.
    - Tom De Roeck.

So I decided to um, "gut" the base because I was unhappy with the layout and the use of blocks. Suffice it to say that they just filled a bunch of space with interior walls, which is silly. So I'm working on removing everything but the Heavy Armor shell of the ship. I built a welding ship that runs off batteries, and I was working on a grinding ship based on the same design when the server decided to instagib me. Now every time I try to respawn at the medical bay I die instantly. Fun fun fun.

I think maybe the reason I was dying at the med center was a ramp I played on top of the med unit. I had to spawn in a respawn ship to fly over and remove the ramp. Hopefully that'll sort it out. So I need to be reinvited to the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim.Was.Taken View Post
    I think maybe the reason I was dying at the med center was a ramp I played on top of the med unit. I had to spawn in a respawn ship to fly over and remove the ramp. Hopefully that'll sort it out. So I need to be reinvited to the faction.
    Right. In a couple of hours then.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Dear lord, you seriously made it fugly. Added you but those ships dont belong to you anymore, it seems.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Those are very cool ships you have there Nim!

I'm very tempted to get this, I've been torturing myself with videos on YouTube for the last week or so. I may have to take the plunge...
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Not a lot

Dewi joined the server, its getting lively. He also already accidentally killed me with interior turrets, so things might be HEATING UP FOR DEATH.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Join us Carpe, come and join the DIC (Dewi Industrial Company)
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Join us Carpe, come and join the DIC (Dewi Industrial Company)
    Im already working on my peugeot inspired machine of death. Its as if peugeot designed a cylon ship.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I need to get and build my Scout Class High Levitation Orbital Neo Gondola (S.C.H.L.O.N.G.)
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_Dentum View Post
    Those are very cool ships you have there Nim!

I'm very tempted to get this, I've been torturing myself with videos on YouTube for the last week or so. I may have to take the plunge...
    Care to share? I'm on the edge about this one, haven't found any videos that pushe me over the edge. THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Care to share? I'm on the edge about this one, haven't found any videos that pushe me over the edge. THanks!
    the self made harpoon for big ships sounded pretty awesome when I saw it in action.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    This is a rather good series from the Mindcrack guys, watching people bumble around not really knowing what they are doing is surprisingly interesting. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...u4LWTIRfroQlt7

While I do find a lot of what the Yogscast do is aimed at 4 year olds, the PvP series they just started is actually quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6CfWIt5z0wTHxq

Well I bought it, now I just need to find the bloody time to play it!
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Not a lot