Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Looks like I still need to be added to the steam group

Obscure Node
    Thanks Quanta :)

I sent you one but for some reason it didnt work. Worked now though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Network Hub
    If anyone is wondering where the DIC welding ship is, it is parked inside the Dead Centre asteroid.

The server is pretty stable. Hasnt crashed since the last patch, all is persistant.

The autosave thing will be fixed on thursday.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Hey Quanta, just to let you know it seems to have reverted to a previous save again. I also had to reset ownership on my ships for some reason.

Thankfully I was only grinding up a ship yesterday so haven't lost any significant progress so I'm happy to leave it as is, no idea how much other people had done though.
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Space Engineers
    Planetary Annihilation

Weird, that stuff you did was it yesterday after 15:20 and before 17:00? Because it was just bugged like hell and thats when i reset ownership.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

I think I'll have lost something in that time period, but by the sound of it it's just the easy work of making the straight bit of my ship longer, rather than the fiddly work of trying to fix the messed-up symmetry.

Connectors are still a source of fun. I captured a business shipment, sailed it over, and connected it to the Night Vale hoping to hold it in place while I ground it down for parts. Instead, the two ships wiggled and oscillated around faster and faster until they were glitching around the map, tumbling, then jumping to a different spot and spinning some more. I managed to stop them by gently ramming them with a small ship.

Yeah we lost welder 2 yesterday due to moving the carrier with it attached then saving. Just blew up
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

I think I've got a handle on why I kept repeatedly dying on spawning in my medical bay, as well. It looks like the bay spits you out a little above the 'top' of it, so if you've got a low ceiling you slam into it at infinite, fatal speed. Once I raised the roof (untz untz untz untz) I could spawn more reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Weird, that stuff you did was it yesterday after 15:20 and before 17:00? Because it was just bugged like hell and thats when i reset ownership.

Yeah it was between 15:00 and 17:00, however it was really just me grinding down a bit of a ship. So all I lost is the time, so no worries there.
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Space Engineers
    Planetary Annihilation

yeah I tried to fix some stuff, ownership and all of that, and I had to revert to a save I made before I left.

also, harlander, could you set your atenna to share with faction so it bounces signals to us too? also, dont set your beacon range all the way up :D

if you use antennas you only need it to be in range of a friendly one and as long as you are in range of a friendly antenna you will keep receiving the signal.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

I've shared everything.

And man, I thought getting the corner pieces of normal armour blocks right was fiddly, but they're nothing on blast door pieces.

True, those are annoying.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Rotors sure can create a lot of force. I was trying to make a big bay with Shuttle-esque hinged doors, and I fiddled with the rotor displacement to try and get things to line up a bit better. I reduced the displacement.. and in an instant it crushed the long axis of my ship like a concertina, shattering three heavy cargo boxes and a large reactor into atoms.

The wreckage will be around Dead Centre for a while until I figure out a way to do the doors that won't send the ship glitching around like a mexican jumping bean or suddenly and inexplicably crush it like a beer can.

Activated Node
    I plan on making my glorious return to the server tonight is there any chance I could bum a small number of resources off someone to get me started?

I haven't played for quite some time due to stuff going on but I have a project I would like to start now. Just enough to build myself a small mining ship. Are there any "unclaimed" asteroids left? Last time I played they all had antenna on and I didn't want to disturb anyone's greater plans.

Edit: still can't spell.

Yeah if you touch them I will kill you. Yay.

However, today is thursday, meaning patch day. So expect the patch to hit sometime in the evening and the server to be unjoinable with a new version for a while.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyspud View Post
    I plan on making my glorious return to the server tonight is there any chance I could bum a small number of resources off someone to get me started?
    There's a mining hauler or something near the crushed purple ship at Dead Centre, you can rip that apart if you want.

Patch notwithstanding, of course.
    Last edited by Harlander; 07-08-2014 at 01:20 PM.

That mining hauler you describe happens to be my little welding ship that I made and was quite proud of. Seems someone took it, after I left it for the faction to use and dumped it in the centre. Now it seems someone has claimed it as their own, modified it, and locked me out of it.

Can I make this as a request that people not be douchebags, and if someone kindly lets you borrow something of theirs, you return it in the condition you borrowed it in? Because if we want a douchebag-off, I will win that fight.
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    That mining hauler you describe happens to be my little welding ship that I made and was quite proud of.
    No, it isn't - it's a NPC hauler I dragged from the edge of the system.

I did half-inch the welder/grinder, but I thought I'd set it to share with everyone. Sorry about that.