Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    It IS updated, unless theyve only just released another hotfix. In that case, its the waiting game.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Installing now.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I can join now. Weird, just a moment ago it complained about versions, I had blahblah4 and the server was blahblah0. Thanks!

Server is having a wobbly. Ship based grinders/welders are not working. Hand tools do though.
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

weird. carpe said earlier that conveyors dont work. already restarted. or did I?
    restarting now.
    - Tom De Roeck.

and we're back. thanks
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Hey Quanta, looks like the server might need another reboot. Ship based grinders/welders have stopped working again. :(
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Elite: Dangerous

on it. wetewtgherwtbdfsgbesa
    - Tom De Roeck.

where the hell is my mining hauler?!
    - Tom De Roeck.

I created a new "Center" beacon for convenience, range is a bit over 30K, it is shared to all in case anyone needs to fiddle with it or whatever.

there was no need for a new center, it was shared to all, and it was set to 25k, because the world is only 50kł large.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I belive is the previous beacon was destroyed or something, it hasn't been showing for a while. Feel free to dispose of the new one if it's duplicate, of course.
    Last edited by zanchito; 25-08-2014 at 12:25 PM.

I've think I've worn out the ship based Grinders and Welders again. :P

Here's a little sneak-peek of D.I.C.s new station, 3 days of building and it's almost finished! :D

Our brave Space Engineers laid down their lives for the greater good of the D.I.C. You shall always be remebered! o/

Last edited by Carpe_Dentum; 26-08-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Currently Playing:

Do you mind if I move this post as it is to the screenshots thread in the regular forum? dems some nice pickshars
    - Tom De Roeck.

No I don't mind, word of the sacrifice our fallen Engineers have made deserves to be spread far and wide! :D

Currently Playing:

Nice stuff! I'm still fumbling about trying to build my first large ship. I'm interested in original configurations and set ups. Has anyone created particularly efficient or cool stuff?
    Last edited by zanchito; 26-08-2014 at 09:47 AM.

I like my welder ship, its asymmetrical, and doesnt do thruster damage. Also I have a heavy duty grinder small utility ship with 8 grinders.

oh and btw, NPC ships are switched off now. they do more damage than theyre worth. HAVE FUN FIGHTING OVER RESOURCES ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Activated Node
    How do you make it do no thruster damage?

Or do you mean that you mounted the reverse thrusters far enough back that they just don't reach what you are welding.

no no, ALL thrusters are mounted so far it doesnt damage anything outside of the ship.

My next line of ships as soon as Ive got stuff mined will be completely internal. Now that pistons are working, I can have a transforming cube for example.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Nice stuff! I'm still fumbling about trying to build my first large ship. I'm interested in original configurations and set ups. Has anyone created particularly efficient or cool stuff?

Well the remnants of the big blue ship in my first picture above had a gravity drive (or Mass Drive) however there were severe issues with countering the momentum when a that hulk was travelling at over 100m/s. It tends to slide for 20km or so when trying to stop, and seeing as it accelerated to 100m/s in about a second it was almost uncontrollable.

I decided I prefer building small ships, so just scrapped the whole idea. I've not really looked into any other ideas for large ships after that.

There are some good videos of peoples creations on YouTube, I would assume that most of them are now viable on a server if the patch to fix rotors and pistons actually fixed them. I've not tried them yet, but will be trying to build a hanger door at some point though.

There was a really good one I saw that was using pistons to move around home made torpedoes into launch tubes and using gravity generators to fire them out the tubes. Plus they had built a little forklift thing for when they need to reload.

*edit* Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    no no, ALL thrusters are mounted so far it doesnt damage anything outside of the ship.

My next line of ships as soon as Ive got stuff mined will be completely internal. Now that pistons are working, I can have a transforming cube for example.
    Gah!! The Borg have evolved, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!
    Last edited by Carpe_Dentum; 26-08-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Currently Playing: