Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Looking forward to camera blocks, I hate to go third person view for docking procedures. I had streamlined them with good placement and setup of colored lights (using spotlights as sort of laser pointers for positioning), much less fiddling around with camera angles, but this is great.

Also looking forward to the possibility of people creating scenarios with hostile AI.

Anyhow, patched!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

You know what? given that client updates are more or less unavoidable, they should make an option to automatically update servers too. If activated, servers would give a warning and a brief courtesy period, then save, shut down, update and restart. Option should be able to be toggled off just in case you have something funky that needs manual set up.

we had that, I specifically asked them not to.

I dont know whats going on with carpes client, but I can get around it by starting the exe manually. Also, it would take hours and hours after the patch is released, so I thought that if it is possible to keep the old version, why not do it manually so we can leave it up a bit longer.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    we had that, I specifically asked them not to.

I dont know whats going on with carpes client, but I can get around it by starting the exe manually. Also, it would take hours and hours after the patch is released, so I thought that if it is possible to keep the old version, why not do it manually so we can leave it up a bit longer.
    It's a good plan, one that I would be very grateful for if I could stop my client updating itself. No matter what I tried it just wouldn't stop. :(

Oh well hopefully I can get home and boot up before the inevitable hotfix today. I was rather lost last night without my space suit, I just flicked through my library for half an hour trying to find something else I wanted to play before just giving up.

"Hello, my name is Carpe Dentum and I'm addicted to Space Engineers. I'm one day sober and all I want to do right now is scratch that itch."
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Not a lot

Activated Node
    So far for the past 2 weeks or so the only day I've been able to play is Thursday. Also like Carpe I can't get mine to not update.

Hopefully I'll be around this weekend to play some. I just might feel a little "under the weather" following a friends stag do.

Any laws on flying space ships while under the influence?

Yeah, mine forces updates too, the most restrictive updating policy I can set is "update only when game is launched", which obviously doesn't help. I remember there used to be an "never update" option, but they must have shot it down.

Carpe, I feel ya, I ended up firing Guild Wars 2 and reading about CMS. :P

"update only when game is launched" is the one you should use. the library always has a note right next to the game name "update required"

if that happens, start the exe, and after the game is started, use the steam server browser to connect.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yeah, but when I use that option and launch the game, it updates itself. Not surprisingly, though, that's what the option says. :D

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Yeah, but when I use that option and launch the game, it updates itself. Not surprisingly, though, that's what the option says. :D
    for me, when I start the exe through going into the file folder, it doesnt. are you using the 64bit version?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yes I am. Anyhoo, if the 32 bit version does not update when launching the game and using that option, I'd consider it a bug. I'm reporting it to Valve, muahahahah!

No worries, though, I can live without playing for a few hours on update day. :)

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    I can live without playing for a few hours on update day. :)

I can't! :*(

Yeah I use the same option, launch from the .exe and it just tried to update it. There did use to be the option to never update, however it never worked.
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Not a lot

I think the server needs another update.

Not available yet. Ill check again in anhour.
    - Tom De Roeck.

donnnnneeeeee
    - Tom De Roeck.

ship based welders/grinders are doing the thing again. can we have a restart plask?
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Omw to do so.
    - Tom De Roeck.

sigh, seems my welding ship has disappeared. anyway to get it back, i had a lot of stuff in it. 5 medium containers, 5 welders and a connector full up

Join RPS in Wildstar!

i didnt check if the server saved properly before restarting. Cant findit anywhere? Also, is it an old ship? I need a name for the ship.
    - Tom De Roeck.

should be names S.C.H.L.O.N.G

Join RPS in Wildstar!