Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    in fact its called the S.C.H.L.O.N.G. MKII
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Not just the antenna the ship info name?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

ship info name yeah

Join RPS in Wildstar!

Ill fix it tomorrow.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

righto

/tenchar

Join RPS in Wildstar!

Having built my first piston thingamajig, I see it wobble, nay, buzz, no matter whether it's extended or retracted. Even worse, it makes the rest of the ship vibrate too. This vibration continues even if I power the whole thing off, which is remarkable, as I seem to have created a perpetual motion engine by accident. Is there any way to fix this? Can I expect this kind of behaviour from rotors too?

I've heard putting a gyro on the block on the other side of the piston and perpendicular thrusters minimizes movement, but that kind of screws the design. I can't add more pistons for improved stability as they won't attach to the blocks, and I've read reports of using a trick with merge blocks to attach pistons together, but people say that can be even worse and induce explosions. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Having built my first piston thingamajig, I see it wobble, nay, buzz, no matter whether it's extended or retracted. Even worse, it makes the rest of the ship vibrate too. This vibration continues even if I power the whole thing off, which is remarkable, as I seem to have created a perpetual motion engine by accident. Is there any way to fix this? Can I expect this kind of behaviour from rotors too?

I've heard putting a gyro on the block on the other side of the piston and perpendicular thrusters minimizes movement, but that kind of screws the design. I can't add more pistons for improved stability as they won't attach to the blocks, and I've read reports of using a trick with merge blocks to attach pistons together, but people say that can be even worse and induce explosions. Damn.
    damnit, that problem shouldve been fixed.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Rotors on stations seem stable enough, as my pointless whirligig in the middle of the STC safe zone proved. It's the jiggling of the movable ships which gets messed up.

If you watch the glitching ship for a while, it becomes grimly entertaining to see it pinball against anything nearby as it snaps between parallel realities.

Heh. Well ive attached retractable drills to the stc miner and it has survived so far.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

ok Ive found your ship, it ran out of power and was floating around 5k away from your base.

Ive parked it 681m away from the safezone beacon. Ill change its colour to white if I can to make it easier to spot.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

I've noticed there are less player built spawn points. Have they run out of power or have you guys made them private? Mine is public, but I'm nowhere interesting and my stuff is pretty barebones, so nothing to really show, so I may make it private and not clutter your spawn list.

some ran out of power, a lot arent public.

servers up again.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Occasionally the ownership glitch strikes, too.

Here you have my Saitek X-55 HOTAS profile for Space engineers. Currently, the game has no official joystick support, but with some mapping, everything works well enough. Please note I've changed the standard interaction buttons to R and F, but other than that, should be plug & play. Enjoy! http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...68593362585935

Well, my first ragequit. Returning to base with some 30 tons of much needed iron and uranium, my piston explodes just while flying through empty space, and the drilling module smacks me right in the face.

If you see a set of large drills careening at top speeds through space with a corpse flailing behind, they have good loot inside.

Man, this game. So I guess no moving parts at all in ships? That's pretty crap.

Aw man. I was hoping that crap was over by now.

Either way what did you lose in inventory?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

About 5tons or uranium ore,25tons of iron ore and some leftovers. And the components of the mining module,which were probably more important. And my dreams of a better space for our children.

Anyway, I've got new ideas for new ships. will just have to put them on a station. Have you guys had good luck with rotors? It'd be a pity to not use any movable blocks on ships. Will also do some trials for docking and movement on inexpensive ships,but as they usually have safe empty space margins, I don't think they are dangerous.

I thank Dark Souls and Dwarf Fortress for teaching me about !FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Have you guys had good luck with rotors?
    NO

Actually, on a station they'll probably be fine, but rotors on mobile ships have suffered both the "explode when under thrust" scenario you just experienced, as well as the aforementioned "wiggle spasm of death".

Point taken, thank you. :/

yeah, I Just noticed that the pistons on my huge miner ship are vibrating still. goddamnit, Im dismantling them now.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications