Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Awesometastic, I even remembered my username correctly.

Sadly, I do not bring offers of serverness :(
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/

Its on sale for the next two hours!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I bought it, not what?
    Steam: tryqus

Quote Originally Posted by Nim.Was.Taken View Post
    I bought it, not what?
    were still waiting for proper hosting to hit (they havent released the dedicated server software for proper hosts like multiplay and co yet) until then if anyone has a server, gogogogoooogg.

(note: as soon as they do release for proper hosting, we already have a server lined up thatll host)

in the meantime, try and get a feel for the game, its awesome. crazy awesome.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Fuck yeah, factions. Now all thats left is either someone with a proper server, or the dedicated software released to Multiplay or similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlnX...yer_detailpage
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Fuck yeah, factions. Now all thats left is either someone with a proper server, or the dedicated software released to Multiplay or similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlnX...yer_detailpage
    I'm slightly concerned about the whole hacking system. It's going to be impossible to defend anything if people can just ninja your stuff while you're asleep.

Heavy armour takes ages to cut through, however, and you need to hack every block to make it yours

Also turrets
    - Tom De Roeck.

I'm loving Space Engineers, I saw it on a twitch stream and went straight to Steam to buy it... of course the next day it went on sale but that's another story. With it wasn't so glitchy and rubberbandy when a few people are on a server and you're moving at speed... it makes it almost impossible to move around ships when underway

EDIT: I'm not sure I play the game right sometimes :P

The multiplayer heavily depends on who is hosting it. As soon as commercial hosting is underway, those problems will lessen or go away.

Again there are hints of that coming this thursday, we have a server lined up but would possibly need a couple of donations more, if everyone throws in a tenner, were golden for a month or two.

Note: I usually pay for server stuff myself but since Im poor at the moment I cant afford to. Next time gadget...
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    If anybody knows somebody who would want to trade my humble copy of batman Arkham city GOTY for a copy of space engineers, that would be fantastic.

Would certainly make use of the batman copy, and get me something I want!

If not, no worries. :)
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but this game is just SO COOL.

Nim

I think that its already worth the money I threw at it, if theyd release it asis just bugfree itd be golden.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Shut your face hole Quanta there is plenty of room for improvement.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    I think that its already worth the money I threw at it, if theyd release it asis just bugfree itd be golden.
    Their record on releasing bug free, feature complete games would not be stellar.

I got my copy of Space Engineers free after their Miner Wars MMO fiasco. Miner Wars 2081 also seemed pretty cool in Alpha, and never really left it. Miner Wars MMO never happened. FWIW, the little I played of Space Engineers seemed promising but I ran into so many bugs and glitches I thought I'd leave it until release - that way I wouldn't get myself worked up about a game that never realised its potential. Or, are you sure you should be recommending an Early Access game from an unreliable company quite so hard? I appreciate that you're having fun - an awful lot of people are having fun with it - but as a moderator on the forum people may confuse this for an official opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    Their record on releasing bug free, feature complete games would not be stellar.

I got my copy of Space Engineers free after their Miner Wars MMO fiasco. Miner Wars 2081 also seemed pretty cool in Alpha, and never really left it. Miner Wars MMO never happened. FWIW, the little I played of Space Engineers seemed promising but I ran into so many bugs and glitches I thought I'd leave it until release - that way I wouldn't get myself worked up about a game that never realised its potential. Or, are you sure you should be recommending an Early Access game from an unreliable company quite so hard? I appreciate that you're having fun - an awful lot of people are having fun with it - but as a moderator on the forum people may confuse this for an official opinion.
    ?! I dont work for RPS, otherwise, Id get paid.

Also, since when has any opinion from Rock Paper Shotgun been ultimate and thoughtchanging?

Either way, Space Engineers has done right by me since I bought it. Dont really care about the companies reputation.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    ?! I dont work for RPS, otherwise, Id get paid.

Also, since when has any opinion from Rock Paper Shotgun been ultimate and thoughtchanging?

Either way, Space Engineers has done right by me since I bought it. Dont really care about the companies reputation.
    I didn't say you worked for them. Why would that matter? You are an official representative of RPS on the forum.

Nathan, in particular though not exclusively, made the mistake of enthusiastically recommending EA and KS projects - you don't see him doing that much any more do you? Because doing so was reckless and regardless of what you and I may think, as mature, enlightened higher beings, statistics would suggest that around half the people who visit the site are below average intelligence or have below average common sense. Your staunch refusal to be swayed by anything you see or hear is awe-inspiring but clearly renders my simple argument impotent in the face of your steadfast resolve to be unsullied by fresh opinions. Other people are not so fortunate.

I find your lack of ethical discrimination refreshing. A little disturbing, but refreshing. Not exactly what one would expect in a moderator, but it's not like you're getting paid, is it? I heard that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    I didn't say you worked for them. Why would that matter? You are an official representative of RPS on the forum.

Nathan, in particular though not exclusively, made the mistake of enthusiastically recommending EA and KS projects - you don't see him doing that much any more do you? Because doing so was reckless and regardless of what you and I may think, as mature, enlightened higher beings, statistics would suggest that around half the people who visit the site are below average intelligence or have below average common sense. Your staunch refusal to be swayed by anything you see or hear is awe-inspiring but clearly renders my simple argument impotent in the face of your steadfast resolve to be unsullied by fresh opinions. Other people are not so fortunate.

I find your lack of ethical discrimination refreshing. A little disturbing, but refreshing. Not exactly what one would expect in a moderator, but it's not like you're getting paid, is it? I heard that somewhere.
    come off from your pedestal, would you please. You dont have to like the game, you dont have to like my opinion, that doesnt mean my opinion means more than yours. Nor does it mean I speak for RPS, ever. Except when kicking people out of the forum.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    come off from your pedestal, would you please. You dont have to like the game, you dont have to like my opinion, that doesnt mean my opinion means more than yours. Nor does it mean I speak for RPS, ever. Except when kicking people out of the forum.
    Your opinion means the world to me, Quanta. ^.^ <3 *squee*.... ;)
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

I lose so many hours in this game it isn't even funny.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're off.

Official hosting.

http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/of...ers-hosts.html

http://pingperfect.com/#

is going to be the providers were going for. they dont have a clan payment page, should I just give you my paypal details or does anyone have a different way of gathering moneys?

(note: they havent released to everyone for hosting yet, and pingperfect seem the cheapest with only .80 quid per slot)
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 10-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.