Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Firefall Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    i've got one invite.

pm me.
    Your PM box is full, haha!
    Been lurking here for a bit, figured I'd sign up!

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    hah. so it is. try now.

Obscure Node
    I would very much appreciate a beta key if anybody has any available. Thanks

Obscure Node
    You can add me to the list of individuals who would love the chance to participate in the beta. I'm quite diligent in providing beta feedback I might add!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I think there will be new codes available soon. At least around the time GamesCom in Germany takes place. CUrrently I have none to give out anymore.

And oh my god they changed a lot. I have only tested it for a few hours so far but overall I would say the changeds were for the better.
    Combat is much more fluid now thanks to increased speed, maneuverability and jetpack energy. Much more three dimensional movement and fighting which makes PvP (in my oppinion) a lot more fun.
    PvE has also more to offer now, although of course still limited in terms of content available. But there are completely new quests (quest chains) and you can see where they are heading. Also there is much more open space to explore now, if you are interested in that.
    Also performance (FPS wise) increased for my low end rig a lot. Before I was around 30 FPS, now I can run around 40-45 FPS. Only drawback is that the netcode "performance" has decreased. But as they introduced a new netcode and I am connecting from Europe this was kinda expected to happen for the next patches.
    Overall I feel the patch was a very good improvement on the game. If you weren't satisfied with gameplay before (especially if it wasn't fluid and fast enough and/or felt to "spammy") you should pay Firefall another visit.
    Last edited by bonkers; 09-08-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Obscure Node
    Does anyone have a spare key? I would love to try!

Obscure Node
    I'm willing to bet that much of this thread is now begging for keys from folks wot have one post to their names.

Well.

Doesn't hurt to try, does it?

Network Hub
    It doesn't, but know your place in the pecking order!

Anyway, more posts for the posts throne. Also, key. I clicked the shiny "REQUEST BETA" button on the Firefall site, but it's not giving me a key fast enough.

Bleh. Anyone know when the next set of invites is going out to current beta users? Milestone just went out and I don't have any yet. Was hoping to get my girlfriend into the beta soon.

Most likely around GamesCom, which is taking place next weekend. But that's just the most likely guess as they have been giving out invites during conventions in the past, as they did on the conventions themself. So if you are on GamesCom and don't have beta access you should check out their booth.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've given up on getting an invite for this a long time ago.
    I signed up back when the signups were first opened and never got in.(can't even remember how long ago that is, long enough that I forgot my password for their forums and had to do the recovery thing via email to check if I already had an account recently).

Existing members just got another cupla invites so msg me with an email address and I will hook up the first two I can.

Edit: Zee keys have now gone, thanks for playing everyone, see you on the next exciting episode of "Gib Keyz Nau"
    Last edited by ran93r; 11-08-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: OCD

Is there anyone still giving away beta keys? If so I would love one! :)

I have a singular key going to whoever possesses the fastest fingers to PM me with.

ED: Gone!
    Last edited by shaydeeadi; 13-08-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Made another quick vid showing some of the various ways of getting around in-game. :D

This latest patch is flat out awesome.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ty for the key ran93r :)

Anyone know if and when they'll open a european server? The lag makes it pretty much impossible to pvp or dodge the big aliens atm as eu player(feels like 250-500 ms)

Is there a way to change the field of view in first person mode? It's so narrow that it feels like I have eyelids on.

@ the poster above,: what kind of pc do you have? I can't get it to run smoothly even on medium settings on a hd6870/phenom II (bf3 , mafia II, SMNC etc run perfectly smooth on the highest settings on my pc)

Also what is one supposed to do in the game atm? I've explored all of the map (some gaps in between discovered areas) and only ran across 2 quests and a vortex (never seen the bike in the video) , did some thumping but am still not at tier 2 battleframes.
    I feel pretty lost, all there seems to be atm is grind for the sake of grinding (thumping which seems always exactly the same).

Also there doesn't seem to be any loot? Just those ores but nothing interesting to make with them (and it takes a lot of grind to get some ores).

If anyone wants to team up ingame to thump or find quests or whatever, shoot me a pm.
    Last edited by Finicky; 13-08-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Anyone know if and when they'll open a european server? The lag makes it pretty much impossible to pvp or dodge the big aliens atm as eu player(feels like 250-500 ms)
    Soon (tm)
    They already have their European team setup. They are most likely already working on European servers. I expect them (by what the devs hinted at) to go online some weeks after GamesCom. Maybe they even use GamesCom to announce this?

*EDIT*
    European servers are sheduled to go up this week as stated by devs in IRC.

Is there a way to change the field of view in first person mode? It's so narrow that it feels like I have eyelids on.
    I think there is a console command at least. But I would have to look that one up.

Also what is one supposed to do in the game atm? I've explored all of the map (some gaps in between discovered areas) and only ran across 2 quests and a vortex (never seen the bike in the video) , did some thumping but am still not at tier 2 battleframes.
    I feel pretty lost, all there seems to be atm is grind for the sake of grinding (thumping which seems always exactly the same).
    Currently the focus is on PvP balancing to make sure the battlrframe rework is solid.

Also there doesn't seem to be any loot? Just those ores but nothing interesting to make with them (and it takes a lot of grind to get some ores).
    Random loot is gone. Now you only get ores to craft stuff. I haven't checked but nanoprints (plans for equipment) should be available by vendors. But I have not really put much time in the new crafting system.
    Last edited by bonkers; 13-08-2012 at 12:33 PM.

@ the poster above,: what kind of pc do you have? I can't get it to run smoothly even on medium settings on a hd6870/phenom II (bf3 , mafia II, SMNC etc run perfectly smooth on the highest settings on my pc)

• Intel i5 2500k Sandybridge @3.7Ghz

• 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 RAM @2133Mhz

• MSi nVidia GTX680 GDDR5 2Gb Twin Frozr III

• Corsair 120Gb Force 3 SATA 6Gb/s SSD

Dropped just shy of 2000 on it early this year, specifically to get much better performance when videoing. :)

Network Hub
    Running Medium/High on a machine with a much less powerful gpu. (hd 47something)
    I'd guess it's your specific setup more than anything. Are you running a 32 bit OS or 64?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Batolemaeus View Post
    Running Medium/High on a machine with a much less powerful gpu. (hd 47something)
    I'd guess it's your specific setup more than anything. Are you running a 32 bit OS or 64?
    64 bit.
    It's probably the usual ue3 streaming that is causing problems for me now that I played it some more, it's constantly loading shit and my hdd has some damaged sectors.
    Since ue3 seems to love constantly page files in n out of the ram it's causing a lot of stutter.
    No such problem in any non-ue3 games, even those with far better graphics. If the game actually used the ram available then maybe it wouldn't be an issue.

Oh well, not going to get an SSD or new hard drive just to work around one shitty engine's issues.