Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The missus got that recently, having played the GameCube one a lot and hating the the Wii version (never played the first handheld one). Playing it non stop. Surprised no one has copied Animal Crossing and brought it to facebook. A do whatever game with day/night and holiday events.

Mario Kart and Super Smash will be the biggest releases. Donkey Kong moved some units but not a whole lot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    DKC:TF was never going to move that many units. Its mass appeal is entirely muted compared to Mario, so again that was only going to appeal to the hardcore. Like 3D World, its quality will probably be ignored down the line (or more likely forgotten) as so few people will have played it, relatively speaking. I'm sure I've said before, but with Smash Bros. and Kart, I think this time around we'll see spikes of sales, as opposed to an increase with a good tail.

Animal Crossing doesn't surprise me though. A social game will work wonders in Japan, whilst it had the luxury of releasing in the summer where there doesn't tend to be any competition (for some bizarre reason). That it was also during a blindingly good year for the 3DS, as well as being a hardware mover, it did a great job. I know Pokémon has done something like 11m+, which is also pretty darn neat.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And they are giving away Pokemon this month.

We had old unused Club Nintendo codes for 3 of our 4 3DSes (2 3DS, 2 XL). That and their support adding her Animal Crossing to our Club Nintendo (despite her buying it in Feb, promotion is for games, hardware registered in March), we got a free copy of Pokemon. Not having played it since Red/Blue, 5 hours in and I finally decide to play through the first gym. I have encountered at least 30 different wild pokemon and the fact you want to level them and try everything out, the game eats up time quickly.

The internet features are interesting. Being able to battle or trade with random people is nice. I did the Random Pokemone for a Random Pokemon trading. Best way to get a big variety early if you want to.

I wish the matchmaking for battles was worth anything. It put my lv 8s vs lv 50s...

The fact that the Pokémon offer paired up with the interest from Twitch Plays Pokémon was just a piece of wonderful timing. Given that it's been some time since you've played Pokémon, the Generation 6 games (X/Y, and then probably Z at some point) are really designed as a re-entry point, or for people who really did just play the originals and haven't played since. And definitely, the Wonder Trading is fun because of having no idea what you'll get. Sometimes you'll get level 1 bred Pokémon that have 'perfect' stats, other times simply something that someone recently caught and didn't want.

As for the battling, yeah, that's a little loose. A game like Pokémon that has so many variables really need some sort of ranking system, but I'm going to give Game Freak a pass because the change from Black/White 2 to X/Y in terms of using the internet is just worlds apart. In the previous games, you had to go to a specific point, say you wanted to connect to the internet and hope that someone else was doing the same thing. Compared to now where, from anywhere, you can press a few buttons and start being paired off with someone. I also think that whilst they've gone a long way to explaining some of the deeper mechanics involved with raising Pokémon, they need to go even further before adding some reliable competitive play.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    I wouldn't say the Wii U has failed; at least not yet. If at the end of its run Nintendo have made a loss from it, then yes I would consider a failure. Otherwise if the profits are low it will just have done badly, which is fine. UK sales last time I looked were appalling, but I wouldn't really all us that relevant of a market. Anyway, we shall have to see what happens after Super Smash and Mario Kart. Those are such huge franchises that so many different people enjoy that they could make a huge difference. I can only hope Nintendo have the new Zelda ready to back them up around a year from it (which would be a decent development time).

As for combining their home consoles and handhelds; I think it would be a mistake. Sure games are stretched thinely as a result, but they give people more options. Greater integration between them would certainly be welcome though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tams80 View Post
    As for combining their home consoles and handhelds; I think it would be a mistake. Sure games are stretched thinely as a result, but they give people more options. Greater integration between them would certainly be welcome though.
    I would kill for a genuine sequel to Zelda: Four Swords on the Gamecube/GBA.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mes/hex-heroes

RTS/Action game with 5 player co op. GamePad is the general, 4 player spit screen controls a unit. Wii U needs more of these games!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Its that time of the year again

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...llion-net-loss

And absolutely nobody was surprised.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

At least they have their prospective Wii U unit sales at a reasonable figure of just over 3m worldwide.

Also, new remake Pokémon games coming out in November for 3DS, so at least that'll keep chugging along.