Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    /remove then shoot what you want to remove.
    /remove again to turn it off.

EDIT:

I imagine two uses for zones.
    1) A large building, non-PvP inside, for trading/meets. Perhaps in the northen section of the road where there isn't any Rad-zones.
    2) Locking down sectors ala Battle Royale for interesting deathmatch competitions out in the wastelands. I believe a little tweaking to the code should allow insta-death to people who fail to leave the zone in time etc.
    Last edited by Darkmalice; 28-01-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Check my YouTube Channel here

i cant say anything about zones i just got my copy of rust working lol spent my first half hour on last night on the server "Dr. watson" is my steam name
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

Hooray, Vanstrak! My commisar in arms!

Hosted by a friend of mine, officially endorsed (but not run) by RPS!

Official RPS Server
    net.connect 88.150.159.169:29415 OR look for Multiplay :: Rock Paper Shotgun Official
    50 player, PVP, sleepers, 40% crafting & altered loot (military weapons rare, explosives rarer)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Hosted by a friend of mine, officially endorsed (but not run) by RPS!

Official RPS Server
    net.connect 88.150.159.169:29415 OR look for Multiplay :: Rock Paper Shotgun Official
    50 player, PVP, sleepers, 40% crafting & altered loot (military weapons rare, explosives rarer)
    Are there any mods running on this server, Oxide etc?

How's the PvP?
    I may pop online tonight and check it out. I'm itching to do a bit of PvP but everyone on DarkMalice' server is too friendly to kill. :P

Some of us recently moved to Pieman's server due to the "niceness" expected on DarkMalice's. If the "Official RPS" server is PvP enabled, does that mean good-natured slaughter is acceptable without people complaining that we're playing the game? If that's the case then I'm tempted to jump on as the latency on Pieman's server from the UK is ... impractical.

Nobody was complaining that you were playing the game. Of course PVP is enabled, thats what Rust is all about. Base raiding included, of course. That doesnt mean there wont be players that dont want to ;D

Either way, the RPS server is London based and we have a say on some features. however, I did like Piemans server settings such as the military grade stuff being locked away more, so Ive managed to organise it being similar to that on the RPS server. There are sleepers though.

Also note, depending on popularity, I could ask for a size upgrade, but lets see what happens first.

Oh and yes, its an oxide server. Multiplay only supports Oxide. There is a ticket system for notifying admins as well as a group system that allows you to see when one of your group is online and have group text chat. However, you can see how many players are not, just not which ones. Should I ask for that to change? (I think it adds to the nature of Rust to not know whos coming for you)

No kill messages either.

Oh and the /remove mod is on too.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 03-02-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I actually kinda like Kill messages as it announces my bad-assery (or more realistically, how much I succeed at attracting bullets...) and also gives you a heads up on who may or may not be going postal...

In truth I spend a lot of time wanting to avoid confrontation, but the fact there's always the risk of running across someone who is quite likely going to try and kill you is what gives Rust it's edge. Sleepers really adds to that as well, although it does make you think thrice before logging out as you may never see your trusty BAR (mine's called Barry) again.

Quote Originally Posted by tKe View Post
    I actually kinda like Kill messages as it announces my bad-assery (or more realistically, how much I succeed at attracting bullets...) and also gives you a heads up on who may or may not be going postal...

In truth I spend a lot of time wanting to avoid confrontation, but the fact there's always the risk of running across someone who is quite likely going to try and kill you is what gives Rust it's edge. Sleepers really adds to that as well, although it does make you think thrice before logging out as you may never see your trusty BAR (mine's called Barry) again.
    again, I personally like the lack of kill messages, simply because it doesnt become a thing about killing someone, more about watching your back, staying alive. But hey, Im sure we can get it changed if it matters that much.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

this makes me happy.

thats all your getting out of me today.. im wrecked after weekend without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by vanstrak View Post
    thats all your getting out of me today.. im wrecked after weekend without sleep
    :D !

hope youre having a blast :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

I personally don't have any express requirement for kill messages, was just saying they had their pros as well as the aforementioned cons.

I personally don't have any express requirement for kill messages, was just saying they had their pros as well as the aforementioned cons.
    ok. just letting you know it can be done.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

...Oh and the /remove mod is on too.
    Sold!

In truth I spend a lot of time wanting to avoid confrontation, but the fact there's always the risk of running across someone who is quite likely going to try and kill you is what gives Rust it's edge.
    When I first joined DarkMalice' server I was ecstatic that I had found a friendly server. However, after having got all the recipes for everything and a metal base finally completed, I've run out of things to do. I've found myself pining for the days of clubbing a pig with a rock, hoping I can gather enough cloth to make a sleeping bag before someone comes along and shoots me dead. Which is rather bizarre as that was what I was so happy to get away from.

I do feel like I'm abandoning DarkMalice now though, even just talking about moving servers. If you're reading this Malice, I'm sorry! :*(

Not my server mate, I just help out. Bit burnt out myself at the moment.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Check my YouTube Channel here

the official server is spazzing a bit, the loot tables are a bit off. all the military weapons will be removed again, as well as C4. some low quality metal will be spawned. as replacement. stick to pipeguns and revolvers and bows, for now!

(the P250 might be gone too)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

ok, plugin is spazzing a bit, but the loot tables are fixed.

future updates: military weapons will become uncraftable, there will be a week of removing military weapons in user inventory, after than, it can start again. this is going to be done to avoid wiping the server but to give new players a chance against people that did manage to get an MP5 or a shotgun.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

ok, plugin is spazzing a bit, but the loot tables are fixed.

future updates: military weapons will become uncraftable, there will be a week of removing military weapons in user inventory, after than, it can start again. this is going to be done to avoid wiping the server but to give new players a chance against people that did manage to get an MP5 or a shotgun.
    Yeah I'm having trouble with the remove function. Is there a list of what items you can remove with a pickaxe and how long it's supposed to take? I misplaced a pillar and can't remove it. :(

The uncraftable military weapons; Does that extend to the C4 as well? (He asks hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_Dentum View Post
    Yeah I'm having trouble with the remove function. Is there a list of what items you can remove with a pickaxe and how long it's supposed to take? I misplaced a pillar and can't remove it. :(

The uncraftable military weapons; Does that extend to the C4 as well? (He asks hopefully)
    yes, but I will have to take a look at how often the drop, then. base raiding should, after all, be possible.

also, the remove function is weird, I know.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 05-02-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications