Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurm Slaying

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar

Wurm Slaying

So Donye from MM has created a guild to slay the wurm which kind of links in with thoughts on RPS concentrating our efforts on one of the heads...

Forum post is here

with that in mind, if we organise an attempt on Wednesday around the guild missions, it would be a good idea for us to invite MM along to attack the other two heads - good practice all round really.

So which head should be go for?
    Last edited by Krathor; 22-07-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    So Donye from MM has created a guild to slay the wurm which kind of links in with thoughts on RPS concentrating our efforts on one of the heads...

Forum post is here

with that in mind, if we organise an attempt on Wednesday around the guild missions, it would be a good idea for us to invite MM along to attack the other two heads - good practice all round really.

So which head should be go for?
    SOund s good I find the Crimson always the easiest
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Donye will be leading on Crimson

Donye will be leading on Crimson
    Amber is fun but hard but I don't really like the other one, we need to split in 2 groups one dedicated at going inside the wurm and the other taking care of the adds
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

not so hard once you know what to do, we need condi damage people to concentrate on the husks and then PTV people to get eaten.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    I have expressed my interest on the thread for [WURM] because weekend raiding might be able to fit better with my schedule. I may be able to make Wednesday evening too.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The "don't bring you zerk" sentiment should probably be re-evaluated at this boss.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is the theory that soldiers is better in the first phase and zerk in the second? If so, do you get a window out of combat to swap gear, or is a compromise required?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I'll try joining in!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Like Duke I've signed up with [WURM] to join the coordinated GH weekend effort, but should be able to join our Wednesday runs also. Can come either Warrior or necro as required (or anything else, but you probably don't want me on thief. Or ranger. or ele as Ohara's specced so she won't damage anything tougher than wet paper, and when they nerf celestial she'll struggle with the wet paper)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Aye and myself just after too

So off to the necro thread for me and need to work out what to buy or make...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Copy/paste from GH forum: "Next strike will be lead by Veydar tomorrow(Sunday 2th) at 12pm GMT"
    Guild Wars 2: Winston Moriarty

going to necro this thread for more discussion on Wurm slaying...

So if RPS are to lead some events and front the costs for those events going forward we would want to make sure that we are able to provide the benefit to out members too.

so feedback please when is the best time for people to do this?
    After Tequatl, after Guild Missions on Wednesday/Sunday, on a different day completely?

going to necro this thread for more discussion on Wurm slaying...

So if RPS are to lead some events and front the costs for those events going forward we would want to make sure that we are able to provide the benefit to out members too.

so feedback please when is the best time for people to do this?
    After Tequatl, after Guild Missions on Wednesday/Sunday, on a different day completely?
    wed maybe but sun after guiild mission might be too late for some if we want most people friday evening but then no fractal, might want to ask the comunity too

I can't do wednesdays and I am one of the few condi necro's but don't make the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many...

Sundays generally possible of course(ish). We will have to be more careful with guildmissions anyway to ensure we get the merits each week...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I agree that trying this after the guild missions will be too late and possibly not the best order of events anyway. Ideally, we want people to be as alert and focussed as possible for the wurm and that's usually at the start of the evening. Meet-up would also need to happen 45-60 minutes before the event is launched to get number counts and ensure that the commanders have sufficient time to rearrange people if one group is lacking players.

One pretty vital aspect of the organisation relates to the server the attempt will be made on. To minimize random event surfers, it would be a good idea to wait with the server announcement until meetup has started and enough people have turned up. This ensures a) that the map will be less crowded and b) people turn up in time. Of course, only announce the server choice on TS, we want people to come there anyway. Also, people need to be reminded to keep at least one guest ticket available for the purpose of jumping servers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The 9pm timeslot that we have been running Teq in works well for me, and for the community as a whole. Might be good to try this time on a different weekday.
    Straight after Teq or Sunday guild missions would work for me, but I appreciate it may be late for others particularly in mainland Europe. Often out on Wednesdays so that would be bottom of my list.

re Squiz' point on server, that will likely be affected massively by megaserver when it hits bloodtide (there and Sparkfly are the conspicuously absent maps from megaserver aside from starter zones, but I assume they will be in place within days.) Assume the GW2 and GH community will find a way to make this work, but I anticipate problems with guesting server when megaserver kicks in, as the system is designed so that there will be no almost empty server to guest to, so all guesting will do will mean we replace GH randoms with server X randoms

Have we seen any confirmation that squads get treated the same way as parties n guilds for being kept together on the same instance?

so I guess forcing an overflow (new instance) and then getting the guild leaders to move to it would be the most effective - of course Squads will hopefully work and home server is a consideration so getting other GH guilds together should be easier.

with the imminent end of the WvW season and a month before LS 2 starts I guess people will be drifting off to try other stuff - I would like to concentrate more on some high end content.
    With that in mind I am going to try and organise Wurm slaying across the GH community on Wednesdays (in place of or as well as the usual guild missions)