Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Should we try to agree upon who's taking which class so we won't end up with five clerics, or do we just roll with it?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Well, Xercies as GM is DW is the one you are most excited about then that's the one we can do! :)

Did everyone think Sundays were ok? If Koobazaur is in PST, say we started at 9am for him, that would be 1pm for me, which would then put it at 5pm GMT. Would that be do-able for everyone? If we're going to be doing 2-3 hour sessions I don't want to go too late for our Euro based friends who'd then have to work the next morning.

As for picking classes, part of me feels that it's nice to have a well-rounded party, but at the same time if we are supposed to be meeting by chance, then you'd never know what you get! So I guess I'm fine with either option...do you have any particular preference Xercies?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'd love to do something like this but I'm a horrible derailer. You'll tell me about a Tomb stuffed with relics and I'll spec for catering and small business management and open a deli that serves goblin liver pate and vanilla flavoured health potions.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'd love to do something like this but I'm a horrible derailer. You'll tell me about a Tomb stuffed with relics and I'll spec for catering and small business management and open a deli that serves goblin liver pate and vanilla flavoured health potions.
    I've never played D&D in my entire life, but now I have the strong desire to play D&D with you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

This is why I like dungeon World since it will allow you to do that and it will allow me to make shit up and make an adventure for you to do that and everyone will laugh.

which would then put it at 5pm GMT. Would that be do-able for everyone?

If we can get it to 6pm that would be perfect so yeah seems doable for me.

As for picking classes, part of me feels that it's nice to have a well-rounded party, but at the same time if we are supposed to be meeting by chance, then you'd never know what you get!

I'm actually thinking of throwing you together I have a rough out sketch of something we can do that would 1) Be a good introduction 2) Have a fun and little adventure and 3) Can make up the world for later stuff so it seems viable.

So I guess I'm fine with either option...do you have any particular preference Xercies?

I don't have one but it says in the rules your not allowed to have two people have the same class.

So What I will do is people who definitly want in PM me read the class you want by reading it up here:
    http://book.dwgazetteer.com/index.html and tell me if the time above is suitable for you and if there are any conflicts I will have to negotiate with the others.

Also whoever has the Mumble server tell me the details and I will test all this stuff out.

I'd like to toss my hat in the lot for Druid, or Wizard.

Sundays work well. I'll be in EST for the foreseeable future, so somewhere around 1 pm?

I left a friend in charge of our Mumble server, will check on it.

Are we going to use roll20.net? It looks pretty neat.

Yeah I think thats the best way to do this kind of thing or a program like Roll20 if its not free.

Ok. I'll familiarize myself with both systems (DW and roll20.net). I'm pretty sure it is free.
    I also have a friend who's interested in playing, but he won't be available until 3 pm EST for the next few weeks. Can we just write in him later?

Ok yeah Roll20 is cool. Hmm The ruleset is pretty flexible so I could do that if everyone is cool with it.

Also these guys are playing Dungeon World so if you want to know what its about and the kind of stuff thats going to happen its a good thing to check. The guy who GMs this is really great as well so I' sure I will take a lot of learning from him.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...j3D1GMzjz_i6V2

Ok, so this (coming) Sunday is more than likely out for me as that will be my irl D&D night, but I should be open for the 16th if everyone else is fine with that? I'm also fine with making it 6pm GMT/UTC. So that'd be 2pm for me, and 10am I believe for Koobazaur. I'm guessing C-Row that you might be at 7pm? Do those times work for everyone?

Edit: I made a calendar where everyone can go and post their availability so we can figure out when is the best time for everyone :) I set it to UTC, so just keep that in mind when putting your time in!
    Last edited by TWChristine; 04-02-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Either 9 or 10am is perfect for me, i like starting my day early. And the 16ths good for me. Im little confused which system we going with then? Anything i should read up on before we star?

As for classes i traditionally play wizard/sorcerer, but recently had fun exploring other roles, quite liked rogues. Since cardinals aiming form a magic caster i can go with rogue, unless someone really wants it. Wouldnt mind trying something new again.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Yep im sure that will be fine hope work doesn't shaft me at the last minute. Ok that means I have to get the main character stuff done just statistics and gear we can do bonds when we are together.

We are going with Dungeon World Koob so definitely check the link I posted look at the classes and also some of the basic moves.

Also everyone definitely think of a little backstory and what kind of fighter/wizard/rogue/whatever you are this is a narrative game so all that kind of stuff helps me and helps with the fun I definitely want to see some unusual options :-)

I'm thinking of going with bard, just to put that out there :) Thanks for posting the link of that video, I'd watched several of the Dark Heresy ones before but there's only so much TB I can take..

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    Ok, so this (coming) Sunday is more than likely out for me as that will be my irl D&D night, but I should be open for the 16th if everyone else is fine with that? I'm also fine with making it 6pm GMT/UTC. So that'd be 2pm for me, and 10am I believe for Koobazaur. I'm guessing C-Row that you might be at 7pm? Do those times work for everyone?
    I got my bi-weekly Shadowrun session on the 16th, so 7pm might be just an hour too early for me unless I leave a bit earlier than usual. Also, I've been playing the rogue/sneaky type in pretty much every system, so I would really love to play something else this time. Dwarven warrior working as an inn bouncer in Faerun maybe. :D
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

I'm fine with pushing it back an hour if that helps you out, C-Row? How does that affect the other Euro members?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    I'll roll with it, see how it goes, as those times really don't matter for me because I either can't attend at any of them or are available at all of them depending on my location.

Ok I have put up some character sheets for you lot with the classes you wanted to play here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing

It might be better to chat on Steam to get this done so I can individually cater it to what you want which you can add here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/daysylar

My plan for the first session is to have you locked up in a jail cell and then going from there escaping or negotiating or whatever. Is everyone fine with that plan?