Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Or maybe not - Friday evening will be spent with Mrs. Brim and her friends celebrating her birthday. Dwarves love cake.
    Wunderbar! Tell her happy birthday from us, and have a great time!
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

So apparently I completely didn't realize that I had nothing clean to wear to brother-in-law's graduation except a Guns N' Roses shirt and one with a big M&M on it.. >.>
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Lets hope they either do an impromptu Guns and Roses Concert or bring out free M&Ms

How many people have we got for this evening?

This is on rather short notice guys, but I cannot make it today. I have to finish a project due next week Monday. I apologise for the inconvenience caused. In case the group might be wondering whether to leave the Keep, Al'Himyr is one hundred percent up for that idea, in whichever direction you'll be going.

That's what I meant Christine.

I suppose Brim is the one below.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

LOL! Yea..I think that's pretty much how it's gonna go down!
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

Can I come up with my own move called Bohemian Rhapsody where all monsters within 100m drop their weapons and start to bow to my awesomeness while I belt out one of the greatest ballads ever?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

So I was thinking..the majority of our active players are around the GMT timezone with only CD and I on the other side, which is necessitating you all staying up pretty late; SO, would you all prefer to move the start time up an hour or two, and would that work with your schedules? I think we're currently starting at 7 your time, so would starting at 5 or 6 cut too much into either you getting off work, or having dinner? I think CD and I are fine with moving it up on our end; it cuts down on the sleep I'd be getting, but I'm also going into my weekend so it isn't terrible.

(Now, with that said, I'm also applying for a supervisor position which a lot of higher ups are wanting me to go for..doesn't mean I'd get it, but I think I stand a decent chance.. The only issue though is that I'd then be working days/evenings rotating around, so I'm not sure how my Fridays would end up being.)
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I guess I should say this to all of you. I think this week will probably be my last. Getting a new job very soon which means having to look at places move in and do a job that will take quite a bit of my time away. Its really sad because I feel we made a community here. You also really got me into GMing roleplaying games and made me a better person in general by forcing me to talk and control a game with random people. I even made some friends. So you will definitely be in my heart as life gets in the way for me.

Thanks for Dungeoning

Obscure Node
    Testing out

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I guess I should say this to all of you. I think this week will probably be my last. Getting a new job very soon which means having to look at places move in and do a job that will take quite a bit of my time away. Its really sad because I feel we made a community here. You also really got me into GMing roleplaying games and made me a better person in general by forcing me to talk and control a game with random people. I even made some friends. So you will definitely be in my heart as life gets in the way for me.

Thanks for Dungeoning
    Poor Argyle, we hardly knew thee. (well, as a player that is)
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Nuuuuuuuu!!! I hate to see you go, Xercies! I have to say though I'm glad you got the job because I know the struggle with that! Make sure to poke me on Steam from time to time!
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I definitely will poke you on Steam. Its sad for me as well because I really do like this group and would love to play more.

Better late than never...

Last time on Dungeon World:
    (Continued from http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post512873 )

The Day (Okay, the Week) the Earth Stopped Standing Still - Part II

Our party awoke the next morning and after a short but delicious Makena Inn breakfast they made their way outside to confront the day. What exactly they were confronted with first was a quite unusual site - a short little blue skinned fellow arguing with the regular sized stable master, and a tall green skinned man running up from the road behind them. These are rather rare colors in this part of the world mind you. The stable master was accusing the little man, who turned out to be Garlow, a druid of the Frostskin Halflings from the continent far to the north, of stealing Lady Buttersworth's carriage. You see little men of all skin colors are rather suspicious here in the deserts. Once the green man reached the others he began attempting to resolve the dispute as best he could, and it was learned then that he was Argyle, a Highborn Orc paladin on a quest to impose his lord Legislator's will across the lands, and right wrongs along the way. Buttercup stepped in almost immediately, but it was the quick thinking of little blue Garlow that put an end to the accusations against him as he lept up into the air and shifted into a northern white snow hawk, proving that he had absolutely no need for such a bulky traveling contraption. Well all this did was send Argyle into another fit, because even though Garlow wasn't the culprit, a crime had still been committed, and there was no time to waste in pursuing the real thieves. So after everybody had made their acquaintances the stable master offered his eldest son to go searching the town, and the group made their way towards the market.

Maybe it was how hot it was already for this early in the morning, or maybe it was the small quake that greeted them upon entering the marketplace, but all they found when they got there was more commotion. A small crowd had gathered around a couple of the merchant stalls nearest them, from which they heard shouting. One merchant, a fisherman, was creating a bit of a scare with stories of how the tide had stopped receding; and another was in quite a fright himself because his partner and brother, the most skilled craftsman in town, had gone missing. After getting directions to this man's house Argyle went off on the quest. Al'himyr and Garlow decided to go interrogate the prophet performing his daily sermons on the other side of the market. Buttercup sent Patrick, the name she had given to the camel master she'd hired, to search the town for any news of her carriage, while her and Brim met with the alchemist to discern if the corpse of the Basilisk that they had slain the night before was of any value. Brim massacred the beast's head obtaining a couple of its teeth with his axe for trophies, and Buttercup made quite a pretty penny selling off its eyes and other bits to the alchemist.

Argyle made his way through the winding alleys of Nokto valaras and eventually arrived at the house of the missing man. He knocked on the door, and receiving no response, he peeked in through the window. It was then that he saw a little girl peeking back at him from around the corner of the room. After using his savvy High-orc paladin skills to convince the girl that he only wished to help, she let him in. He found her hungry, so he prepared the two of them some breakfast before searching the house for clues. Unfortunately, neither the little girl or the house revealed anything of use. He offered to take her to her uncle back at the market, and they headed out. On the way their ears were struck by the sound of a boy's screams coming from around a corner. Argyle told the little girl to wait, as he gallivanted off to the rescue. No sooner had he rounded the corner was he then struck in the shoulder by the sharp shooting pain of a poisoned spear. His side going limp with numbness, he engaged a Sahuagin for the first time. They both learned their lessons that day, as he felled the beast with his one good arm. Argyle learned what the Sahuagin's poison did, and the Sahuagin learned that it wasn't enough to stop a High-orc paladin on a crusade. After healing the boy's wounds, he made his way back around the corner only to find the little girl gone. With no sign of her, he returned to the marketplace.

Al'himyr and Garlow were as equally unsuccessful in their attempt to learn anything from the prophet, so they decided to look around for the child that Al'himyr had hired the day before to see what he may have discovered. They found the boy and his friends playing some sort of ball game with their feet off to one side of the marketplace, and when the boy kicked the ball to Al'himyr to get his attention, he and Garlow noticed that the ball moved through the air somewhat oddly, falling quicker than they would have expected. Before they could ponder this for too long, the earth quaked yet again. The boys seemed to enjoy the added difficulty it brought to their game, but Al'himyr was quick to pull the one he was looking for aside: and learned that the prophet was staying at a small establishment on the outskirts of town called the Matata Inn. Reconvening with Brim and Buttercup, who were by this point just perusing the marketplace to better acquaint themselves with its people and their wares, the four of them set off for this inn.

Meanwhile, Argyle was just returning to the market, and was relieved to discover that the little girl had found her way back to her uncle. Intrigued now by the prophet he kept hearing about, he crossed the town square to meet this man who claimed the same god as him. The two of them exchanged brief introductions and prayed together for a short while, and then Argyle went off in search of his companions. He didn't have to look long, before the sounds of music and laughter led him to the Matata Inn.

There he found the rest of his party, having a party. Buttercup was singing and dancing on one of the tables, while the soothing scent of Halfling pipe-leaf wafted through the air from the corner where Garlow and his new found friends were sitting. Al'himyr was getting chummy with the bartender, and Brim was having drinks with some of the other patrons, learning from them of a Delvishe mine off in the desert about a day's travel to the west. Just as Argyle was about to join the others, everybody's attention was drawn away by screams from outside. The group lept to the rescue, save Buttercup, who stayed behind to sooth the crowd with her music.

They followed the screams through a couple alleyways, and Al'himyr again barely dodged a spear as he bound around the final corner. There the party met a couple giant lizards that stood upright as tall as men, and a couple Sahuagin. Cowering in the corner were the living remains of a family, and Argyle immediately ran over to intercept the two brutes assaulting them. With a dominating Orc-paladin shout he commanded the closest fiend to run, and so powerful was his will that it obeyed. Brim and Al'himyr both let loose in full force, as bolts and blade made meals of a couple beasts. The last to round the corner was certainly not the least, but it was the last thing that anybody expected to see, especially in this part of the world. Kicking up sand with its paws as it charged into the fray, a big polar bear trampled down upon the final monster. His mighty jaws clamped around its neck, Garlow shifted back into a Halfling, wishing more than anything for a toothbrush. Argyle cut off some bits from the Sahuagin that Al'himyr had charred, and packed them away for future rations. Then the group returned to the Matata Inn to reconnect with Buttercup.

Upon hearing that they did not loot the corpses of the slain Sahuagin, Buttercup rushed back to the scene of the battle to claim their prizes. Before going though she played a quick tune to heal up the party. Everybody but Al'himyr decided to go with her. Having learned about the Delvishe mine out in the desert, he wanted to go question Vishara at the Makena Inn. So he made his way back through town while the rest of the group followed Buttercup on her endeavor for more riches.

Just as the group was about to rejoin the festivities at the Matata Inn they were all stopped in their tracks by a deafening roar from out in the desert. Argyle, Garlow, Brim, and Buttercup ran towards the sound, and upon reaching the edge of town they saw a monstrous lizard lumbering over the dunes in their direction. Brim climbed up on a rooftop, and from there he could see just how massive this monster was, for it was still two buildings taller than him. He quickly called out for aid from the town guards, but although a full regiment heard his cries and came, only one was brave enough to stay and fight. With another awesome roar the beast closed in on the city. Buttercup recalled hearing about these creatures on her travels: they were revered as demi-gods by the Lizardmen, ancient ancestors. Supposedly they had a soft spot under their bellies, if one could get to it. She yelled out to her companions this useful bit of advice. Argyle was the first to engage the dinosaur, running out to greet it head on with a demanding Orc-paladin shout. All this did was pique the beast's curiosity and stop it in its tracks. Heeding Buttercup's note, Garlow shifted into a mighty caribou with a huge crown of horns atop its head, and charged at the monster's belly. Striking a blow, he was then kicked aside like roadkill. Brim and the guard attempted to take advantage of the distraction, but the giant lizard twisted around and whipped the two of them off into the distance with its enormous tail. Then the strangest sound began playing through the air, some might even have called it music. Buttercup was screeching at the top of her lungs, and strumming wildly on her fiddle. This obviously struck a cord with the creature, for it reared back and let out a painful roar. Argyle and Garlow both rushed in to attack, but again the beast kicked aside the kingly caribou. Argyle was not so lucky, for he ended up squashed beneath a massive foot, barely surviving.

squashed.jpg

However, all this had given Brim time to run his little legs back to the battle, and catch the beast from behind. Jumping onto its tail, he dug his axe in deep, and ran all the way up its spine. Just as the creature's gargantuan head came crashing down into the sand, he lept off triumphantly. Buttercup quickly changed her tune, healing her friends to the best of her ability with a magical, uplifting song. Then they all championed back to town. Buttercup wanted to see if the alchemist could make use of the dead dinosaur in any way, and Brim wanted a beer.

Meanwhile, back at the Makena Inn: Al'himyr, unaware of the battle raging on the other side of town, was busy getting to know Vishara a little better. Sitting at the bar and chatting for a while, he learned about Lodestone, the magnetic rock that the Delvishe were mining out in the desert. Vishara wore a tiny piece of Lodestone around her neck as an amulet, and kept a small statue carved from it in her room. She explained that Lodestone was sacred to her people: those Delvishe that followed the new faith, of the God of the Earth. After learning all he could, Al'himyr decided it was time to get to the bottom of all the religious mysteries in the air, so he asked Vishara to aid him in casting a ritual to remove any and all cultural boundaries between himself and the prophet in town. The two of them sat across from each other and with hands held Al'himyr drew upon their combined masculine and feminine energies.

Press ^play now.

As ripples and waves of purple magic enveloped them he knew that the ritual was successful. The experience brought them much closer together than they had been before, and although they were slightly exhausted from the spell, love was in the air. Al'himyr took Vishara's hand and began leading her up the stairs towards his room, but with a smile she pulled him back down and dragged him off behind the curtain to her room instead.

It was about this time that the rest of our party was returning to the inn to rest. Buttercup was disappointed to learn that the alchemist was unable to make use of the dead dinosaur in any way; but he did offer to help Argyle with the paralysis of his left arm. The Orc agreed to stay with him and Dickie for the evening so the two of them could experiment on his arm in the hopes of discerning the make of the Sahuagin poison. At the inn, Buttercup was famished so she ordered a small meal before heading off to bed. Upon entering, Brim immediately ordered a beer and sat down to celebrate his triumph over the giant lizard, drinking himself to dreams of the tale he would tell his friends and family back home. Little Garlow decided to end the day the way he had begun it, and shifting into a northern white snow hawk he flew up into the sky to find a nice perch for the evening. As our party laid down to bed for the night the earth shook once again, ever so slightly.

Given how busy I am at the moment, and that these take me as long to compose as they do, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with our sessions, but I will sure try..

Sorry to see you go Xercies, but congrats on the job.

@Laldy: here's some good introductory info - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post516843

I won't be able to make it next Friday (8th) as I will be on my way back from Paris with Mrs. Brim.

Hey all, since I'm soon to be going and I kind of want one last hurrah in the GMing side of things I was thinking of setting up a one shot. It will still be in the Dungeon World system, but its in a setting I'm kind of coming up with. Kind of want to test it out, and kind of want to have one last go of it. Don't obviously want to get in the way of the main storyline and stuff so its up to you whether you want to replace one Friday with my one shot and then go back.

So who is interested? Cardinal would you be alright with that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hey guys! I've been listening in for a few hours today and will join in next week!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Hey guys! I've been listening in for a few hours today and will join in next week!
    Welcome aboard, Pepper! All this time I saw your name in PS2 and seeing your sig under Pepper I never even realized you were the same!
    Last edited by TWChristine; 01-08-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun