Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    I am at a friend's birthday bbq this Saturday. A dwarf has to eat, you know?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Hmm Dwarves do like their lovely meat grilled on a BBQ! Hmm so we could play Saturday without Brim or we could skip this week and just play Wednesday.

I think given that last week we played without Brim as well, it's fair to wait. I know, I know, Xercies you've been chomping at the bit, but you'll survive!

No my doctor said I had to have at least one game of Dungeon World a week otherwise my heart will stop!

If we do play wednesday it might be a rare moment that we get all four players on. That has only happened in week 2 surprisingly so should be fun :-)

wait so are we still doing today then? I should actually be done sooner than i thought I think so could pop in the next half hour or so.

Otherwise, tomorrow an hour later than standard time would work for me, but i wouldnt mind waiting till wed either if you guys want.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Well I don''t think so since c-row said he couldn't do it...I don't mind doing it tommorow, sunday, or wednesday. Kind of wanted to do one this week since I'm kind of not doing anything and got a lot of time on my hand but guess that probably isn't possible now.

Well, here's my contribution to the world lore

Elven Magic

The metal shard traveling at approximately 279 knots burst into the dwarve's chest, piercing the armor and exploding his entire ribcage without slowing down. Right then and there, the elven technician standing four hundred feet away knew he was onto something.

Elves from the middlelands were the first to discover the rare stone displaying the strange magical power of pulling certain types of metals towards it. They called it magneticism.

It did not take long before many uses for this strange rock were found, and new properties revealed. For instance, if two such rocks were polished in the correct shape and placed next to each other, they would instead repulse one another with amazing strength. This soon gave idea to new type of weaponry - a cleverly designed tube capable of propelling a magnetic shard inside of it at great speeds. Deadly speeds.

Over decades, the Elven Magnetic (or "Elven MagIc" as it often called) became a crucial element of the Elven societies on all levels - from simple portable hooks to hang ones pans, through various dreadful weaponry, all the way to recent experiments with modern a horse-less, repulsion-based carriages.

But even as well guarded as the secret behind Elven Magic was, every guard has their price, and the preciously rare material has been slowly leaking to other societies as well.
    Hope not too modern, but I like a wee bit o steampunk flavor, so sue me :p Also, are we playing tomorrow? I think ill only be able to stay for 2 hrs (got a thing at 1:30 my time) :/
    Last edited by Koobazaur; 16-04-2014 at 05:48 AM.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

very cool!

i do hope we are playing today!

Yep seeing no problems with the scheadule today so should be able to play. If thats the case kooba we might want to start playing an hour or half an hour before which I dont mind doing.

So we would start around 7:00/7:30PM (GMT+1) instead? Wrapping up a bit earlier wouldn't be the worst thing in my opinion since I am still struggling with a minor cold.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Well since we are GMT+1 at the moment it would be 6-6:30 I think unless you also have daylight savings time?

And cool that definitely sounds different Kooba and obviously could make a cool Future Technology versus old technology sort of adventure. Maybe the industrial revolution happens in the middle ages in this world which would be totally interesting.

We got daylight savings time here, yes. It's around 12:30 at the moment.

Ok I actually did not know that so yes for you it would be 7-7:30. I feel this is going to be a very interesting session to be honest.

Well I feel I was right about the session being interesting.

Dickie, Brim, and Odinson went to Sheldonville to find out more about the Seashell that allowed people to enter the Dream World. When they got there they could see that something was strange about the people in the town, there seemed to be people confused about who they were and where they worked, they asked someone about it and he thought he was the Baker but when he got to the bakery someone was already there baking things.

Intrigued they found that in the middle of the town Dickie's old friend Fredrick was selling a very interesting service, any fantasy dream that you wanted you could have. Dickie talked to him and Freddie said that any profit from the buisness Dickie could get 30% of it so he just let it happen. A volunteer came up and tried the dream thing and it worked he had the time of his life inside a dream. The group decided to follow him and they could see straight away that he was having the same symptoms as the would be baker was having. They were concerned about what was happening and Dickie knew from past experience that a user of the seashell could steal the dreams of people and use it on other people. The group could see that the dreams transferring to people also probably got their personality and was concerned about this, Dickie seeing money signs was definitely not concerned about this but went with the group anyway.

They stopped a kerfuffle happening in the bakery, the man who thought he was the baker was really angry that the other baker was there doing what he thought was his job, Dickie and Odinson was able to stop it with their high charasma and it turned out the baker who was there was the original baker. After this they heard another thing happening this time in the town circle, they got their and they saw that the two churches were getting a few of their congregation to protest against Fredrick. The Dickie and Odinson Charaisma team were able to break up that one as well, and they found out that the churches were very militant and totally against magic and Fredrick using the Seashell for magical purposes.

They strike a deal they will allow them to deal with Fredrick in their own way as long as they give them the Seashell. They agree to this and so they go off to Fredrick's house. On the way to Fredrick's house Odinson gets a strange vison of a dark humanoid figure sucking someone's essence in their dream, he gets shaken seeing this. Even though Fredrick said he would be closed for business people are still queuing up to try and get the dreams, the adventurers go up to them and use their charisma again to move them along but they also see that someone who looks very vacant and like an empty shell come down the road and drop dead on the floor. Dickie uses the confusion that people have when going out of the dreams to try and pick someone's pocket but its not to successful. Odinson uses his magic to resurrect the poor dead person and have a zombie servant to do his bidding.

They go into Fredrick's house and Fedrick goes into the living room weirdly, the adventurers are distracted though that the religious militents seem to have seen Odinson's magic trick and going to get them. Dickie tries to check for traps but while checking he accidently falls into one and it takes Brim's strength to pull him out. Odinson uses the agility of a cat and Dickie successfully seeing where the traps are to go into the living room. Odinson finds that Fredrick isn't there but he does find some change in his drawers and a secret passageway down. Hearing that the religious militants are banging on the door, the adventurers decide there only choice is to go down and close the trap door behind them.

They notice Fredrick there putting the seashell on a chest that is attached to the wall then he opens a secret door and goes out. Dickie succesfully finds that there is quicksand where there should be a floor and arrows when the people hit the ground of the quicksand. He sees that there is a thin firm ground over it. Odinson turns into a frog and jumps it, Brim is able to smoothly shuffle over like a dancer, Even the zombie seemed to have been able to get over ther. But it wasn't Dickie's day that day so he fell into the quicksand, Odinson tried to use his long tongue to get him out but Dickie was to heavy and the tongue was to slimy. Brim managed it but Dickie accidently touched the ground and the arrows flew at them, both dicie and brim were able to dodge masterfully though and Odinson wasn't so lucky but he managed to negate the damage using his special ability.

They set their sights on the chest, Dickie managed to find that there was a magical trap that when the chest was open the magic would hit the person but he didn't know how to deactivate it. So Odinson decided against his true wishes really to use the zombie as a shield against the magic. They found in there a nice gem worth a lot of coin and the seashell of course, when looked closer though the seashell was covered in black goo which Odinson did not want to touch so used some of his spare cloths to put it in his bag.

Dickie unfortunately had to wash off the qucksand so it was just up to Odinson and Brim to stop Fredrick, Odinson changed into a hawk to scout ahead and found that Fredrick was in front of a crack and the crack was a crack between the real world and the dream world. They wanted to get to him but he plunged the dagger he was carrying which gave off a weird purple glow and created a bigger crack and opened up the dream world to the real world. Brim was able to frighten Fredrick from doing anything else but it was to late by then, they saw in the crack and the black figures seem to be multiplying in there and going towards the crack. Quick thinking and smarts from Odinson allowed him to use his healing potion to knit up the crack.

The two of them went back to the Religious leaders, got their reward which was 200 coin and gave them the seashell. They got some guards to take Fredrick away to Raja to let the great Lady Cornelia Buttersworth decide his fate whether he should be imprisoned, killed, or let go. They then went down to the pub for a well deserved drink.