Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @Kooba: The Druids in this game play more like shape-shifters than casters if you want to be a Wizard.

Re: the Mumble server - my buddy stopped paying for it and switched over to Teamspeak, which we can use if we want. However I noticed that roll20.net has communication protocols built in..

Oh and thanks for GM'ing Xercies. I'm looking forward to playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Well looking at that do you want to be a Druid or a Wizard?

However I noticed that roll20.net has communication protocols built in..
    Yes I did see that on the video so we might just go with that.

Oh and thanks for GM'ing Xercies. I'm looking forward to playing.

I am to after watching all these Rollplay videos I have been hankering for a d&d game but none of my family has wanted to do it. I was mulling over whether to post something like this when this thread came about so I'm lucky in that regard.

Thanks for posting the link of that video, I'd watched several of the Dark Heresy ones before but there's only so much TB I can take..

If you want more I definitely recommend their Apocalypse World game, funniest thing I have ever seen. JPs Bubba character completely steals the show.

Oh yeah I recommend everyone register to roll20 and tell me there user since I can add you to the campaign.

Wait - 3rd or 4th edition?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Oh shifting shapes sounds great to me. I was just letting Kooba know that there's still room in the party for a caster / Wizard.

PM'ed you my roll20 account info Xercies.

Cool, friended you on steam and registered on Roll20 with the same username as here. Thanks for the charsheets, I'll stick to Thief. It's been a while since my last dnd and just reading up on Dungeon world now, so apologies if im a bit rusty at first. Looking forward to the game :)

EDIT: Reading on DW, seems a bit simpler but more structured than DnD, with the moves and stuff. I'm liking the idea of bonds a lot. was thinking, since im a thief and we're in a prison cell - what if I was already there and I actually stole something from another char (who noticed but didnt catch me), so landing in the same prison/trying to escape together could a bit of an interesting dynamic? Anyone up for being pre-pickpocketed ? ;P

EDIT 2: by the way, useful roll20 overview video I found: https://wiki.roll20.net/Getting_Started_Players
    Last edited by Koobazaur; 07-02-2014 at 05:37 AM.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Dont worry I dont think anyone else has played it either so I will try to get everyone up to speed it is quite simple so dont worry I think for the first few sessions it will be you saying what you want to do and me saying when you can roll.

Well you definitely can have a bond that steals someone else's stuff so I will allow that if another person is fine with it of course.

Well this starter plan is already morphing into something a bit different lol. Going to have to get used to the life of a GM :-P

Wow, those character sheets really are streamlined. More game time, then. :)
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

I know its a bit difficult probably and a bit sudden but seeing my schedule I do have a front light week next week so it might be better for something early...Tuesday would be cool if everyone can do that if not that's fine.

I shouldn't have a problem with it I don't think. :)

Tuesday as in tomorrow?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    My life is currently very much in flux, and I would like to nail down some of the basics before I move on to the fun stuff, so don't count on me.

Tuesday as in tomorrow?

Yeah...I know its a bit of an ask but it does seem better for me...

I should be able to. Just need to fill out that character sheet first.

You need any help with that? If the worse comes to the worse we can fill the characters sheet while we are on.

Unless we switched to different ones than those you had uploaded I am good. Scans incoming.

In just to say I wish I had time to do this. I've been watching a lot of Rollplay stuff too. Happy D&D'ing to all of you.

Thanks I will say t doesn't really take to much time its just organising everyone to be on at the same time.

Ok I got c-Row, TwChristine and cardinaldirection all ok for this evening going to try and get it to 7-8pm GMT. Its just Koobazaur that I need to confirm and get the character done for.

Great time folks.

Kooba, we made it out of prison, but (lacking a thief), it wasn't very eloquent. Christine song and danced a distraction while we barged our way into a group of thieves trying to rob the castle at the same time that we were trying to get out. I turned into a rat (it was cooler than it sounds). Our pockets are still pretty light though; we sure could use some professional support in the "treasure hunting" department.

oh shoot I didnt see this till now :( so bummed I missed it. i probably could have made it too
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!