Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Not sure if I can make it in time today. After not being happy with Mavericks I decided to wipe my Mac clean just to find out that some of the software I use totally requires Mavericks by now, so at least I am gonna do a clean reinstall now to hopefully get rid of some of the hiccups that bugged me before. If nothing else works I can still switch to my gaming PC or the notebook, though.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I totally dont mind starting a little later if it comes to it.

Everyone else in for tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    ...my Mac....
    Well there's your problem right there! Ok ok..joking aside, I dont have any problems starting later. Today's my day off which means "dealing with all the stuff I've put off because I don't want to deal with it," sooo yea. Thanks C-row now I actually have to be productive.. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    Well there's your problem right there! Ok ok..joking aside, I dont have any problems starting later. Today's my day off which means "dealing with all the stuff I've put off because I don't want to deal with it," sooo yea. Thanks C-row now I actually have to be productive.. :(
    That's what you get for talking bad about my choice of computer - karma at work. :D
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Ok so the adventure today was very interesting.

The adventurers went back to Raja thinking that they would have a nice time at the beach drinking cocktails, unfortunately what they came back to was an eerie silent and deserted town with people to scared to go out of their houses. They came across some guards who were nervous to be there and they told them a bit about how a new Lord has come in and made Raja into a dictatorship where his goons and the cultists were going around not doing very good things. Buttercup managed to use her charm to get them to divulge that they were a part of an underground resistance movement and they were having a meeting at one of the noble houses. They then went off into the town.

What they found was said Bruisers who were some Knuckleheaded dwarves giving their race a bad name and embarrassing Brim and some cultists they seemed to be doing the usual i'm stronger then you routine before heading off to do probably nefarious deeds. The adventurers probably having enough of cultists decided to follow the Dwarves instead and they found them ransacking the home of your friend Richards house trying to find a book. Not wanting any of this Buttercup decided to stroll in there and again using her charms tell them that she was the mistress to the new lord and that they should hand over the book to her. Not really compltly believing this a tense game happened where the adventurers tried not to fight and the dwarves tried to take them to see the lord. They kind of got their way but Buttercup feigned fainting and Odinson seeing his chance decided to turn into a wolf and tell them what their aster wanted and they got the book. Which was full of summoning spells to summon a god...will people never learn!

So after that kerfuffle they decided to go and have this underground resistance meeting with Buttercup again pretending to be a noblewoman to get in. They met some new people like Edin the head of the group, the Guard captain by the name of Jerry but also they saw a very familar face in the form of the Lady Lorna who seemed to have bruises all over her and on the side of Edin. What followed was to quote the adventurers boring politics talk about how edin wanted to kill the old lord and the nobles and guard captain didn't, Buttercup decided that she didn't want any part of this. Edin ran off in a huff but they found out before that he was probably going to kill the old Lord at the Noble Bar using his good knowledge of poisens...unfortunately this noble bar was the same noble bar that Buttercup and Brim it turns out as well got framed for the murder of a nobleman.

Because of this they decided to only go to the bar to stand outside it and let Edin assassinate Lord Juntenson which he did successfully and his next target was the current lord which it turned out was the old Cult Leader Sige. Edin decides he needs a map of the insides of the castle and it seemed only one person has that knowledge...yep it was the return of Patrick.

They tried to catch up to him before Edin could get there but winds prevented Odinson's flying and they got there when Patrick was having a very suspicious tea with Edin and Lorna. They decided to crash the small party but Buttercup not wanting to see Patrick again just went outside and looked in the window getting cold. Patrick was in his usual pitiful self being excited having so much company even though the company was just giving each other evil stares. Edin tried to use funding Patricks Rat Circus to get the maps from him but Brim was able to convince him otherwise through a very handy bottle of alcohol. They then spent the evening teaching Patrick how to really talk with the Rats.

Getting the map from him they decide to head towards the castle again and use the maps servant tunnels to get up to Lord Sige and maybe kill them. But while outside the throne room they hear that he Bruiser dwarves are going to go into the town and kill the guards in the guard tower and knowing they can't have that they headed down towards the prison guards to get their help which they decided to do since they were sick of the way the new Lord was running things. They managed to over power the Bruisers in no time with Brim's axe very very handy in chopping them up. But there victory was not long lived since Sige decided to join the frey and he seemed a lot more powerful then he was in the inn.

Sige started by trying to cast a spell and Buttercup tried to stop it with her arrows but luck was not on her side and in Strange Form number 2 for Odinson he decided to turn into an axe for Brim to chuck at him which he managed to do and cut off his hand taking away the spell but some Bruisers managed to get behind Brim as well. Bad luck went all around since it seemed like nobody was able to hit anyone even with the guards helping Odinson. Sige decided to show off a good trick which was being able to make a mirror image of himself causing a little bit of confusion, but our grat Druid was able to see through this and made one last stab at it by turning into a bull and charging which he did very well and took a chunk of his leg. But Sige wasn't out yet and he did one last mirror image and surrounded Buttercup and she couldn't get out from having two Sige's pinning her. But Brim ran and hit Sige giving the killing blow and saving Buttercup and the town from the evil of the Cult Leader again.

Buttercup after an adventure of pretending to be a Noble decided to shock everyone by putting herself in the running to be the new lord, she will have to get elected by the Nobles but it should be an interesting election between her and Edin who is her opponent. The guards seeing how they saved the day decide to throw a party for the adventurers and they decide to sell their green gems to pay for this party, Buttercup knowing that this is her election campaign.

They also decided on a future adventure hearing rumours that a people in a town in the middle of a desert to the west was being killed by nightmares which definitely intrigued them. So they were left in the store.

Pretty great adventure and went very well if I say so myself in that it actually did a few things i had planned with of course the adventurers doing completely new things that I didn't expect.

Also I said to them that the homework for the next session is to come up with two things that you know about the world and this could be anything like what the empires are, what monsters are doing and anything in between, landmarks, or anything you can think of. Want to populate this world :)

Just wanted to let you know that the latest episode of Community was another D&D episode. :D The whole time we were watching it my wife would look over and raise an eyebrow and say "...is that really what it's like?" And I'd proudly go "Yep!" lol

Awesome! I absolutely loved the first Advanced Dungeons and Dragons episode it was really funny and had a nice sweet ending to it. Plus I'll probably get a lot more of the references this time around!

Looks like good fun! In the meantime, greetings from Portland everyone! Here's a picture of a weird cat statue:

Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Portland, and would like to visit myself someday. Safe travels.

So am I to understand that we potentially are playing tomorrow (Mon)?

Dwarf no play on Monday.

I don't know maybe if Kooba can play then sure, but it might be good to play the next week since I will be able to more flesh out this election thing to make it interesting. But who knows I might be able to do it tommorow. I think since the main big adventure is gone Brim can go to his family and probably has more reason to now that he has seen the lower caste dwarves and totally doesn't want to turn into them!

Cant do mon wither so lets skips till later and you can take your time to flesh things ya ?
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I think since the main big adventure is gone Brim can go to his family and probably has more reason to now that he has seen the lower caste dwarves and totally doesn't want to turn into them!
    Right, I wanted to flesh out the reason why I would be away for a while. :)

Cant do mon wither so lets skips till later and you can take your time to flesh things ya ?
    That sounds pretty cool and as we got this week you can all share your world building stuff I know cardinal has got two interesting ones so if he wants to share he can and at the end I can post the new savvy map as well with this info on.

I feel kind of bad that you're putting so much effort into the election when all you really need to say is "Buttercup wins!" :) Looking forward to taking the crown and having my face on the money! Lol

Edit: We're apparently getting a blizzard on Wed so depending on how it goes I might not be going into work...soooo I might be available to play then. It'll probably be somewhat late notice though.
    Last edited by TWChristine; 24-03-2014 at 03:54 AM.

I feel kind of bad that you're putting so much effort into the election when all you really need to say is "Buttercup wins!" :)
    Its not as sweet a victory if you dont work for it :-) but i actually think its really interesting and wanted to make a different adventure for it so I dont mind working on the prep if its going to be fun.

We're apparently getting a blizzard on Wed so depending on how it goes I might not be going into work...soooo I might be available to play then. It'll probably be somewhat late notice though.
    I thought it was meant to be spring! :-P fingers crossed we can do it for then.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I thought it was meant to be spring! :-P
    This is pretty much the case!

10003507_10202104889475981_2068959771_n.jpg

10003507_10202104889475981_2068959771_n.jpg
    haha.

great movie