Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

officially unofficial petition for more Cara

https://www.change.org/petitions/uk-...-ellison#share

This started as a silly joke on caraellison.co.uk but ended up getting signed by 44 people somehow so I figured I would bring it here. Obviously Cara is the best freelancer that RPS has who hasn't been inducted into the hivemind as yet. She's got about a year's steady work going thanks to Patreon, but I would be absolutely ecstatic to see her offered a tentacular throne as a new hive mind participant when she returns. Obviously you all would too, so go ahead and sign the petition chop chop so the Queen can do something about it.
    (note that the silliness on the petition is partly because it was started as a one off twitter joke and partly because it seemed appropriately Cara)

Network Hub
    A risky move, I don't think RPS can handle another soupgate...

Activated Node
    I'm not sure we could handle NOT having more interviews with fictional ducks though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    I vote for more Cara, I always find her work entertaining and interesting. I also like the way she doesn't try to preach to me, unlike some RPS writers...
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    I vote for more Cara, I always find her work entertaining and interesting. I also like the way she doesn't try to preach to me, unlike some RPS writers...
    You DO see the irony of complaining about this in an unrelated conversation, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I always confuse her with Leigh Alexander. Which one is the "Hitler girl"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by tormos View Post
    Obviously you all would too
    This man is not our official representative.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Aye. Anyone who can make what would otherwise being a boring interview about Crysis 3 into such comedic gold deserves a node in the hivemind.

Quote Originally Posted by siegarettes View Post
    Aye. Anyone who can make what would otherwise being a boring interview about Crysis 3 into such comedic gold deserves a node in the hivemind.
    My favourite article from RPS 2013.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    All for having more Cara articles, but I don't think getting legal representatives involved is wise. :P

Also, while I originally thought she was from a PR company, it was only because she has soo much enthusiasm. As soon as I saw she was a real writer for RPS (and not just a stand in or whatever), I realized everything she put in the article was real. That kind of different perspective, someone who still likes games and is not washed out by gaming fatigue (skepticism?), is great.

PS, yeah, the difference between Crysis 3 and the SimCity preview shows that gaming is all about how we perceive things, even if they sadly pan out different (The enthusiasm for the new stuff in SimCity being squashed, but Crysis 3 being exactly more of the same an nothing new). That different perspective is really valuable when it's also an honest one. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    You DO see the irony of complaining about this in an unrelated conversation, right?
    I don't see what's particularly ironic about it. Not necessarily directly related to the topic? Sure. Ironic? No.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    She's too kooky at times. It's like the surreal introductions from most RPS articles stretched into the entire article. Just a bit much for ME, but I'm old. Like anything there are regular RPS writers whose work I like, those I don't (I wouldn't count Cara in this group by any means) and a bunch somewhere in between.

Also, hopefully this isn't just because she's a woman because that would be unhelpful in the grand scheme of things.

Network Hub
    RPS is actually a front for The Patriarchy, and as such is philosophically opposed to hiring any female staff on a full time basis.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    I don't see what's particularly ironic about it. Not necessarily directly related to the topic? Sure. Ironic? No.
    The irony being that one of the most common complaints about "John Walker: Social Justice Warrior" or whatever is that he injects sexism into irrelevant places. You are injecting complaining about John Walker into an irrelevant place.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    I always enjoy Caras articles, even when they're about stuff I don't care about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    The irony being that one of the most common complaints about "John Walker: Social Justice Warrior" or whatever is that he injects sexism into irrelevant places. You are injecting complaining about John Walker into an irrelevant place.
    Ironically, that's not ironic.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    She's too kooky at times.
    No such thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I like her stuff. The only thing I would say though is she's a twitter obsessive, which is endearing, but also makes it hard to parse the wheat from the chaff at times.

https://twitter.com/Carachan1

Also judging by her latest posts she's batting hard to get Giantbomb to take notice of her (although she's guested on Scoops and the Wolf before).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    If someone follows Cara's twitter he'd know we'd be better chipping in to buy her a Valentine's date or something. She sounds so terribly depressed sometimes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    That would be an idea. Can't we find out where all the RPS contributors live, and then sent them lots of flowers?