Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DXHR: My hopes for the future of this game.

I desperately wish for expansions, not just "tacked on DLC" like Mass Effect and similar have.

I would love an expansiony thing, similar to AssBro was to AssCreed 2, though maybe not with the same main character. There is a "time area" to explore here, akin to the star wars period between Episode 3 and "The First Real Star Wars", between the events of Sarif and Darrow, and the first Deus Ex.

Ideally: You would be able to choose which augmentations you get, either mechanical ones, or nanotech. There would be advantages between choosing which ones you get, or choosing none at all. Sort of like the humanity level in Vampire Bloodlines. Obviously, you would get stronger, and youd be able to pull off crazy shit, but youd risk "losing yourself", or not, as neither games (DX or DXHR) really go deeper into the subject of "are you still human, if augmented?" Of course, your appearance might change completely, or not at all, depending on if your augmentations are mechanical or nanotech (or whatever it was called in DX)

Also, I highly suggest making emails you read "register" in the story. Not just for quests, but for the main plot.

Also, if you are going to involve prerendered cutscenes: MAKE. THEM. LOOK. BETTER. THAN. THE. GAME, not worse.

NOTE: a whole slew of games came out, based on that star wars time period, and they were pretty good. Star Wars Empire At War as well as Force Unleashed (Atleast the first one) were all good games in their own right, and good SW ones. I think there is a lot of potential for a good DX game to be had there, especially since you might even get to meet the dentons or come up against fema, or have nothing to do with them at all, and have a brand new story, which only slightly is related to the main plotlines of the DXes.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

You know what, it just occured to me that DX (atleast DXHR) is very Bladerunner inspired. I know I know, it was pretty obvious when you think about it, but it just didnt occur to me. Though what is missing from this game is general questions about humanity. True enough, there are enough questions about "should be make humans better, etc" but there is no general abuse of people, only a bit in the end, perhaps. In fact, the funny thing is, Bladerunner is more concenred with genetics, than it is with "mechanical upgrades". Which is in turn more "human" or "realistic", or atleast more in the direction we're heading in now. I think the main plotline of DXHR missed out on a chance to talk more about genetic tampering, because that is more current than giving a person a roboarm.

Heres to more of genetic subjects in a sequel!
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 06-09-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I want a game/DLC where I get to be Gunther.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just want a PC-only DLC, where they use the fact that PCs have more than 256mb of Ram to give us the freedom to approach a single base/facility/corporate building however we want, rather than as a nice "broad corridor". Not going to happen though :(

I just want mod tools. The community will do the rest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I want a side story. With less ott augs. I want to play as some kind of freelancer high-tech merс leader with a band of augumented mercs, choose whom to trust/work for and stuff like that. With more freedom and non-linear mission structure. Of course, it's not going to happen. But if they stick to DXHR formula and expand on it, I think it's going to be fine, at least I won't be disappointed. Just fix boss fights and cutscenes( or better get rid of latter completely).

The night club scene: the one thats currently in feels like hes visiting during off hours or something, a real nightclub should combine the crowd AI of blood money and the look of, well, dxhr. atleast they got the look right. also, a combat scenario in the night club would be great, too much light, though. it looked more like a lounge than a club. (you know, where you cloak and engage enemies spread throughout the crowd, and youd pick them off one by one, ala stalker in the cornfield style)
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post

Also, I highly suggest making emails you read "register" in the story. Not just for quests, but for the main plot.
    I assume you mean that you wish Adam would expound on information gleaned from emails (several spoilable plot twists) in dialog, or at least have the option to. So many times in that game, Adam would be told something and he would be surprised, whereas I would be all like "Didn't we already know that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    I assume you mean that you wish Adam would expound on information gleaned from emails (several spoilable plot twists) in dialog, or at least have the option to. So many times in that game, Adam would be told something and he would be surprised, whereas I would be all like "Didn't we already know that?"
    Maybe he was just "acting" surprised, so the guy wouldn't realise you've been reading his emails.

This kind of knowing what your character knows can get iffy, especially if you didn't actually read the email and just open and closed it.

(disclaimer: I've still not played DX:HR)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I don't know what the ideal mechanism would be in that situation, but there are some fairly major things you learn long before they're revealed in the main thread. Things that you would not keep under your hat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This game deserves mod tools so bad. Argl. I want them.

I blame cutscenes for making jensen act stupid. Seriously, it is the only time where he does that.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    You know what, it just occured to me that DX (atleast DXHR) is very Bladerunner inspired.
    The first time you enter Adam's apartment is almost identical to scenes from Deckarts pad. Then in Shanghai the sound of spinner sirens are clearly heard in the background - it gave me chills.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    The first time you enter Adam's apartment is almost identical to scenes from Deckarts pad. Then in Shanghai the sound of spinner sirens are clearly heard in the background - it gave me chills.
    For totes... near the end of Blade Runner there are these sort of high pitched howling sound effects (not Batty), I think they might have replicated, yes replicated, these in HR... or maybe I'm just imagining it. Well, it feels like I'm in a mixture of Blade Runner and Neuromancer so it's pretty much the best thing ever. Can't wait for DLC, mod tools would be awesome too.

Network Hub
    I blame cutscenes for making jensen act stupid. Seriously, it is the only time where he does that.
    It's not the only time - I cringed every time Pritchard spoke and Jensen replied with the kind of childish snarky attitude normally reserved for 13 year old girls. "I'm a little busy right now Pritchard..."

AAARGHH! You're supposed to be a bio-mechanically augmented ex-SWAT member who is now the head of security for one of the highest profile and highest risk companies in the world, STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    He's probably just mad because he had to steal from his fellow employees to buy ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    He's probably just mad because he had to steal from his fellow employees to buy ammo.
    Your Jensen maybe. Mine never had to steal. He only supported the weapons black market.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But how did he get that caaaaassshhhhh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    It's not the only time - I cringed every time Pritchard spoke and Jensen replied with the kind of childish snarky attitude normally reserved for 13 year old girls. "I'm a little busy right now Pritchard..."

AAARGHH! You're supposed to be a bio-mechanically augmented ex-SWAT member who is now the head of security for one of the highest profile and highest risk companies in the world, STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!
    You dont get psychology, do you? Both of them do that, its a game. I think they like each other.

Also, running around back and forth with shotguns people drop, is funs 4 ca$h
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 13-09-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Has anyone ever written about all the massive thievery we do in games like Dragon Age, Mass Effects, Elder Scrolls, Fallouts etc? I mean it felt kind of silly in retrospect to be
    a bio-mechanically augmented ex-SWAT member who is now the head of security for one of the highest profile and highest risk companies in the world
    and still be grabbing hundred credit chits from some random guys desk in order to fund a weapon upgrade. From gangsters selling illegally. Even your buildings maintenance man can somehow get hardware for your secret stash.

Just one of those things that could be modded out imho.

Other possible BR refs, unicorns as logos on the merc company uniforms and a unicorn in a window in China.

http://imgur.com/eS1wp
    http://joeflasher.com/wordpress/wp-c...8-26_00001.jpg