Kingdoms of Amalur DLC. Is it worth getting?

So 'Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Collection' is on sale over at Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14221/

And I'm wondering if its worth spending the extra 1.50 for the dlc? Its a small amount, but I've no idea if it improves the game or just gives the player over-powered gear.

What are your thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Weapon and Armor isn't worth it

I enjoyed Dead Kel a lot as it was a nice change of pace and was a very dense island with a lot of passive boosts, Haven't tried Teeth of Naros either

Just keep in mind that they WILL make you over-leveled and that apparently Amalur has a level-cap that will make late game kind of a slog (for the wrong reasons).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got the complete edition yesterday. Haven't checked out the story DLC yet obviously, but you do get some cool gear from the weapon and armor pack. I got some daggers that do fire damage, and another set that gives you a damage bonus at night. The armor looks kind of cool too. It's nothing you absolutely need, and I'm sure I will find better stuff before long, but I'm glad I have it.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Yeah I liked Dead Kel, but gundato is right in that by the end game enemies are just annoying and not a challenge but they're EVERYWHERE. To be fair I think that'd be the case regardless of DLC. Still a good game that only suffers from offering too much.

Network Hub
    I see the game peaked at 10k concurrent users, isn't this game suppose to be dead lol?
    Interesting how fast a game gets revived with a front page steam special and when people finally get bored of Skyrim's combat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    I see the game peaked at 10k concurrent users, isn't this game suppose to be dead lol?
    Interesting how fast a game gets revived with a front page steam special and when people finally get bored of Skyrim's combat.
    The thing about Amalur is that most players will never beat it (I know I won't :p). But it is the kind of game you come back to every few months and enjoy. And, unlike Skyrim, there are no mods so you don't have to spend a day researching and installing mods and have to restart every time you get in the mood.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

There is a mod for it but not in a sense of beth mods.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2575767

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fmftcephsxvn83e/-mRiTE9kgV

It adds difficulty in the game and there is also an option to reduce the exp so that you wont be at max level even before you finish the main game.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Activated Node
    I'm honestly surprised that anybody played that game to completion and wanted more. I thought it was fun for a few hours, but christ it gets dull.