Rock, Paper, Starbound

This is the thread for everyone playing Starbound.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

http://community.playstarbound.com/i...-warrior.1310/

Pretty fun little mod I found, it gives you additional abilities which amount to Ryu from Street Fighter's hadouken and shoryuken, there also is a hyper meter, which allows you to unleash a super attack that cuts through rock and ruins enemies. You can even midair hadouken like akuma too. The mod makers intend to add extra move sets too, it's super fun! If a little OP.
    Last edited by shaydeeadi; 03-02-2014 at 03:32 PM.
    \_(ツ)_/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I played Starbound about once, I'd like to try it again soon. Are there any good guides about how to just get started? I recall building some crafting tables and stuff but someone told me I should've placed them on my ship; is that so or can I just do what I want because I'm a grown man?

Cough.

But yeah, I got a bit confused by it.

Just do what you want, you can set a planet as your home and just warp to it whenever you want to get some smelting and crafting done, you could also just make a little base on each planet you hit or you can put them on your ship if you want. Just explore and see what you can find.
    \_(ツ)_/

Now that the new patch has gotten rid of character wipes myself and the gf will probably go delving once more. I was getting horrific frame rate drops on my laptop (which should be handling it with ease) so hopefully that is fixed now.

Warning: don't use mods then go on a multiplayer server. Lost a character last night that way. I guess i'll need to make one for offline only.
    \_(ツ)_/

Anyone still playing/how is the game so far?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I really enjoyed it a few weeks back but haven't played since the last character wipe. Those are gone now though so I really should pick it up again...
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

I'm waiting for release, too busy with other titles. Once that comes, I'll propose a community server, if that is required (goes to tell how much I know abou the state of the game!).