Lesser Hivemind Node

AI War: Fleet Command

Hello.

is anybody here interested in trying to get an AI War campaign going? My thinking is:

X Factor has return to tv-land.
    My girlfriend usually watches it.
    Therefore, I have a fairly reliable gaming window on a saturday evening.

combined with:

I like AI War
    AI War was primarily developed as a multi-player co-op RTS.
    I have never played it with other people.

Anybody else in my position? Probably aiming to play an average of an hour a week. I can't really commit to regular epic sessions.

I was actually thinking about making a thread of this. Bought the game back when Evolve was linked here at RPS, and it seemed like a good place to find people to play with. But afaik the place kinda... stalled.

Anyway, yes I would be interested. About an hour a week sounds reasonable, that'll help me maintain interest in the game.
    Never played it in multiplayer either, and not much in singleplayer.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ok. Zydren and i have tested out connecting, saving and rejoining games. All very smoothly implemented. So we'll hopefully kick off a campaign in a day or two :)

Vinraith might be interested in this, he loves his ai war.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    As Zyrden and myself are both pretty inexperienced, might make sense for us to go through a 2 player game first before calling in a hotshot :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you've got the expansions, make some use of them - they add a lot of variety and spice to the game.
    Fortify your homeworlds reasonably well early on - or the AI will see the chance for an early wipe.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    For anybody who's interested, we've got our game going and making good progress. the game is a lot more fun when you can discuss plans :)

I used to play with a friend for some time, and we found out that creating suicide-attacks on the command center in each system (which makes the computer "abandon" the system and attack you) is the most efficient tactic, since it's easy to defend against these attacks. After this, the game became boring and we quitted :S
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    I used to play with a friend for some time, and we found out that creating suicide-attacks on the command center in each system (which makes the computer "abandon" the system and attack you) is the most efficient tactic, since it's easy to defend against these attacks. After this, the game became boring and we quitted :S
    i would imagine that this would no longer work. The game has had a a tonne of patching, with a load of new features and lots of changes to the balance. The devs listen to the community and get a lot of feedback from good players on what strategies are overpowered etc.

Hmm I'm resurrecting this - I've got an urge to play AI War as a multiplayer, and I've got loads of time today/tomorrow to do it.

Anyone interested?

(I have never played it multiplayer, just so you know... and I'm not the most experienced in the game itself!)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I might be around tomorrow afternoon to start a game :)