Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can use skydrive from my PC, but afaik the android skydrive app doesn't auto-upload photos.

Looks like it might have to be dropbox, unless anyone has any other recommendations. If anyone has a referral link or something, feel free to PM it to me.
    Last edited by BillButNotBen; 09-02-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    So, is Dropbox my best bet on android for a simple automatic way to send photos to my PC? And to sync keepass, wallpapers and ebooks?
    It's certainly easy for photos; I installed it on my tablet and it automatically started to copy the photos, even though I've used a lot of different camera apps and therefore have the photos in quite a few different folders, but it seems to be rather good at finding them. It automatically puts them in a new folder on the PC too, one that is different from the normal photo folder, which is nice.

I haven't really used it for much else so far (I tend to use a free app that creates a kind of web server when I want to copy ebooks and such over), but I don't see why it wouldn't work well for your other things.

Activated Node
    Dropbox, Box, Skydrive and Google Drive are all options. I use Dropbox, Box and Skydrive (now OneDrive I believe). Amazon also have an offering of I believe 5GB. For the more security conscious there is Spideroak.

I mainly use Dropbox, so what I like about it may well be available with others. My favourite feature has been access to past copies of files. It really saved by bacon the other day.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    While there is a bit of murkiness regarding how Spideroak works. Allegedly only you have the keys to your files and it is based off your password and SpiderOak can't recover your password, but I do recall (a few years ago) an idiot friend of mine forgetting his password, getting it reset, and having his files.
    By definition, this makes all their high security private encryption claims - horse manor.

Obscure Node
    Hi Guys.
    Digital data on is stored on hard drives (most usually). Either localy or in the cloud - which is a wide definition for services that host your data and take care of everything related to the data managment. As it is a service, there is no strong location notion. You don't really know where the data is. It can be stored in... the cloud for all that matters.
    Some cloud providers provide sync services/folder that keeps the hosted copy and the accessing clients in sync. That said - you can have a backup solution that sync one way - from the PC to the cloud, and you can have sync services without any cloud (like bitorrent sync).

We (at NooBaa) are developing a mesh cloud service that has very good fit for movies. In fact - we created it for our GoPro cameras. We'd be happy to have you guys play with it at www.noobaa.com and provide us feedback but be warned it is still not granny ready.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yuvaldim View Post
    By definition, this makes all their high security private encryption claims - horse manor.
    Not quite. All it indicates is that your privacy in the event of a court order against YOU is probably non-existent. Which, to be fair, is kind of a given and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

What it doesn't mean is that your privacy in the event of a court order against a different user is non-existent, which is really all anyone can ask of a mainstream service.

Also, just a tip: Be VERY careful about outright attacking your competitors when you are here to spam the forums. It makes you look REALLY unprofessional and makes me think you are shady as hell.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    I thing Cloud store is the technique which provides us a online storage space for backup or storing your data. which means we can store our file online and we can easy to access these files.

Obscure Node
    I thing cloud storage and online backup both are same.you say that Cloud store is the technique which provides us a online storage space for backup or storing your data. which means we can store our file online and we can easy to access these files.

I didn't see Backblaze mentioned. Unlimited data for $5 p/m. I use it myself and am happy with it. A year upfront is $50, or two years is $95.

here's a comparison of providers:

http://www.backblaze.com/best-online...p-service.html

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Not quite. All it indicates is that your privacy in the event of a court order against YOU is probably non-existent. Which, to be fair, is kind of a given and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

What it doesn't mean is that your privacy in the event of a court order against a different user is non-existent, which is really all anyone can ask of a mainstream service.
    Well it also means that the encryption is almost certainly not connected with your password. Or that they are storing your password, which would be worse. It could mean that they do the same thing that Lavabit did, but that doesn't have to be the case.
    But it is certainly a feature that is there for convenience rather than security.

P.S.: I see they have stuff up on Github, if i find more free time than i currently have i may take a look at that.
    Last edited by khulat; 23-06-2014 at 10:24 AM.

If you want security and reliability at a great price, then head over to aws.amazon.com and look for the S3, that's the best thing that you can use for storage / backup.

However, unless you rape your SSD I wouldn't worry about backing up stuff to the cloud. just get an external drive and backup stuff there.

I've been doing that for over 10 years and it has yet to fail me.

Kate capital para saque um ajuste para chegar em casa, mas não apperceive perigo. Ajudá-los a derrotar todos os monstros que aparecem sedenta sua maneira, os ataques reais a aparência de que Kate é um bebê sem aversão ao risco.

jogos de tiro
    jogos de vestir

Obscure Node
    According to me CloudBacko software gives us full security and protection from the data loss. By creating a backup through CloudBacko software gives us the facility to access our data from any where in the world. Its a personal choice that to put the backup of our data online or offline. As we all know that hackers are always be there to do the stupids things. So the question still there, that is it safe to make an backup of the data online or not ? So its all depends on the us which we want to use. Personally says i am using CloudBacko Software for the backup purpose. Till now the services are very good . Data is secured and protected from any kind of loss. Through CloudBacko software the code is simply unbreakable, as a 10.51 Pentaflops supercomputer needs 3.31 x 1056 years to crack such key. So i am sure with the security to my data through CloudBacko software.