Page 106 of 124 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2466
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I just meant to say that no sundays, ever. Not just not this one.
    Yeah but you said it in a way that if we would dare to even think about a session on sunday, the wrath of the nine hells would come down upon us.

So an I can't do sundays or we shouldn't do sundays would have been a bit clearer
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec Empire & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

“Laeti vescimur nos subacturis.”

Actually I was away from the pc and didnt have much time to post this over the phone. So yeah. You guys can play, just not with me.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Actually I was away from the pc and didnt have much time to post this over the phone. So yeah. You guys can play, just not with me.
    Understandable but we won't play anyway Sunday. We'll have enough time to buckle our pants and prepare for one of the last 4 sessions before the score sets in. I think it's pretty sure the Dutch will win but the 2-5 positions are quite interesting one war can change everything.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec Empire & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

“Laeti vescimur nos subacturis.”

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I might be a bit late tonight, shouldn't be more than 30 minutes though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Uploading save now. Was just looking over the map with fow off to look for the issues people reported like phantom rebels. Seems aragon did get sieged but no rebels are in the area anymore so should be fine. For the rest everything looks good.

And don't worry I didn't go into anybodies country. That's still illegal and I know it.

Save
    Current save if people don't have it yet.

I have to say that it's been pretty quiet here the last couple of days. Or maybe it's just my perception of the thread since I've been superbusy and haven't been very active here... I honestly don't know. :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

All the plotting is happening over private channels now?

Plotting in secret? Never!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Might not be able to make it tonight, depends how much work I can get done in overdrive mode this afternoon. Think Morocco is in pretty good shape, if you could set the AI to not be a dick that would be great.

there is a huge irish plot unfurling. so huge. much wow.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    I will propably miss out on tonights session, unfortunately. Would be great if someone could peace me out with Calamity, Colombia is yours.

Network Hub
    Bump, bump, bump. Hindustan misses game. And another one gone and another one gone
    Another one misses game, eh.

I'm actually quite certain AI fucks up keeping the nation calm and does something stupid like releases some higher revolt risk areas as protectorates, but i'm out of town and can't get back for the game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I might be a leetle late, but I can make it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm probably gonna be a couple of minutes late as well, so it'd be great if we can start 19:40 - 19:45 (i.e. normal time). Sorry about it, but dinner is taking a bit longer than expected in the oven. :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Activated Node
    This is the last will and testament of Naples, the last gasp of a free nation.

-All of my remaining provinces are to be split between Morrocco, Germany and Portugal. All 3 have behaved honorably and tried to defend me during these dark days. My small African enclave can go to Ming or Portugal, whoever wants help.
    -To Bavaria, I leave 'Lord Whittlesworth's primer on diplomatic terminology', and I urge him to read the definition of alliance, which is not vassalage. I have never acted aggressively towards you or attacked you. An alliance between two countries does not mean I have to void all my other alliances, as you did, when you backstabbed the bro-allition.
    -To Netherlands I leave nothing, because you have enough stuff already.

I joined the game three sessions ago, when there were still some minor nations hanging around and some opportunities for expansion. My goal was to form Italy, and for that I needed Lombardia. Unfortunately Netherlands also invaded Milan, and due to the high base tax of that province, did not want to let me have it. This pretty much set the course for Dutch-Neapolitan relations from there on out.

The stage of the game now is that the world is basically carved into large blocks and expansion, aside from a few colonial opportunities was severely limited. What this basically led to was a constant stream of invasions (Dutch twice, once by the AI, Aragon AI and now Bavaria). Joining in as a minor power becomes an act of pure masochism, a prolonged partition. As such I prefer to keep on in the monday session, and when this game ends, I'll join the new thursday session. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not criticizing anyone. People are playing to win, and there's no room for a (soon to be) 5 province minor in that game.

But remember that Italy shall always be free, in our hearts.
    Last edited by notenome; 12-06-2014 at 09:51 PM.

The Dragon Throne salutes the brave nation of Naples, and applauds its honesty and forthright dealings. The Emperor would be proud to integrate some of its subjects in to the nation of Ming if that is their wish.

The war against Portugal concluded, with the African Cape falling to our guns. The natives weren't best pleased, and spent the rest of the session squashing massive rebel stacks with the aid of our allies. Coring helped, so the situation is slowly settling down. The war against Poland was cancelled, saving lives across the globe.

Otherwise it was a time of peace and building. New trade centres shot up, and a glorious colonial nation was founded.
    Last edited by Cei; 12-06-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Network Hub
    Your African enclave got eaten by its original owners, unfortunately .

We shed a tear for our fallen friend, champion of gentlemanly conduct to the last.

EDIT: AAR, oh yeah. Portuguese war was a wash for me. I had no CB after the Portuguese colony on my border collapsed, and I was just watching the Warscore tick up while Portuguese ships blockaded my ports.

Once it became clear that AI Portugal would accept a White Peace with me, but not cede me any territory as long as naval blockades were still going, I backed down and Ming took the Cape Colony. Then, while helping Ming, a 15k stack got jumped by sudden rebels (my mistake, I never should have left them in rebel zones), which sucked.

Otherwise, my 5/5/1 ruler died, his 46 year old heir being an uninspiring 2/1/2 (with no legal heirs -_-). I built about 50 trade ships to compete with AI Portugal/Hindustan taking my trade in Malacca. I finished Trade Ideas, got Innovative, began to colonise the Philippines node more now that Australia is calmed down.
    Last edited by fish food carl; 12-06-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Scandinavia - Got my first ship of the line! Only a twodecker though, but I have eighteen of them. Now I just need to get rid of all the carracks, flutes, cogs, galleons and war galleons. It's probably gonna take a couple of sessions, and then I'll have to do it again.

Sorry to see you go notenome, best of luck in your future conquests
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Activated Node

derp

Quote Originally Posted by notenome View Post

-To Bavaria, I leave 'Lord Whittlesworth's primer on diplomatic terminology', and I urge him to read the definition of alliance, which is not vassalage. I have never acted aggressively towards you or attacked you. An alliance between two countries does not mean I have to void all my other alliances, as you did, when you backstabbed the bro-allition.
    It was basically a gamble whether you joined in or not and I understand and would totally do the same in your position most likely.

IC However you broke the agreement that was made so Bavaria saw fit to punish you by taking some provinces to incur favor with her allies, an added bonus was that naples was entirely undefended.

Also don't judge me too harshly please, just because I am a backstabbing opportunist in thursday session doesn't mean I will be in the monday session
    Quote Originally Posted by notenome View Post
    The stage of the game now is that the world is basically carved into large blocks and expansion, aside from a few colonial opportunities was severely limited. What this basically led to was a constant stream of invasions (Dutch twice, once by the AI, Aragon AI and now Bavaria). Joining in as a minor power becomes an act of pure masochism, a prolonged partition. As such I prefer to keep on in the monday session, and when this game ends, I'll join the new thursday session. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not criticizing anyone. People are playing to win, and there's no room for a (soon to be) 5 province minor in that game.
    I'm sad to see you leave but I understand completely, I'm in the same position as you, boxed in by Netherlands, Germany and Byzantium with a smashing one port to my name, most of my sessions are spent surfing the web and occasionally ordering a building or two because I can't do anything against any of my neighbors (well apart from you..).
    I too did consider getting the colony idea but that thought was rendered pointless by Japan colonising Madagascar towards the end of the session, there's just nothing left to colonise now.
    Last edited by Rebellion; 12-06-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Activated Node
    No hard feelings at all Reb I totally understand your position, I was your only avenue for expansion. Shit happens.