Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2595
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    no direct threats
    Well hey now Sir that's not true. Just about weakest nation in game surrounded by stronger and better nations, the start was hard. Though once I beat a few guys and became dominant with colonizers sitting on their asses from then on yeah easier with no neighbours.

My A --->B progression is quite good but as said before my circumstances were a bit easier than others
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

My runner up for that was Ayutthaya - it's rare for them to get anywhere with powerful neighbours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Record your votes here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...RAA/edit#gid=0

Don't forget our Irish and Napolese friends
    Bump the link.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Well hey now Sir that's not true. Just about weakest nation in game surrounded by stronger and better nations, the start was hard. Though once I beat a few guys and became dominant with colonizers sitting on their asses from then on yeah easier with no neighbours.
    I kind of agree, but what I meant is that you didn't have any player nations threatening you. I started with a big big France on my borders, and both Austria and England as direct competitors, and I'd bet that most people will say I didn't have any direct threats. A good eu4 player will beat a stronger AI nation without too much problem, and you are a good eu4 player.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Hoc, your advantage is that the other player nations around you just sat there and let you gobble up huge swathes of France and the surrounding regions. Once that happened, you were a juggernaut. Being inactive in that harmed GB's expansion prospects, ditto Spain, Italy and Germany/Bavaria.

I think any future game would be way more interesting, simply as people will be less passive and willing to sit there whilst a competitor snaps up all the space. I also think it may be worth considering shorter campaigns, rather than the full 1444-1820?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Seemed that for about half the players this was their first real EU4 game. So Cei is probably right, that things will be very different at the start of the next game. Playing it again as Morocco I would be able to deal with Algeria much, much better and would start colonising as soon as I got my first idea (although I was absent for the first idea in this game).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Hoc, your advantage is that the other player nations around you just sat there and let you gobble up huge swathes of France and the surrounding regions. Once that happened, you were a juggernaut. Being inactive in that harmed GB's expansion prospects, ditto Spain, Italy and Germany/Bavaria.
    I wasn't saying that my particular start was very hard or easy. Just saying that having strong AI nations around you doesn't necessarily mean the same as "having direct threats".
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I wasn't saying that my particular start was very hard or easy. Just saying that having strong AI nations around you doesn't necessarily mean the same as "having direct threats".
    I did have stonger AI nations declare on me twice but luckily I managed. In the end our situations were quite alike. You started in the better zone/everything but had neighbours and I started in the decent zone/Shit everything else (Damn christianity) but had no neighbours.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    I did have stonger AI nations declare on me twice but luckily I managed. In the end our situations were quite alike. You started in the better zone/everything but had neighbours and I started in the decent zone/Shit everything else (Damn christianity) but had no neighbours.
    Yep. I think we both went the "high risk, high gain" route and managed to cash in.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What does the scrambler actually do?
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

What does the scrambler actually do?
    What it says on the tin "Scrambles the locations of all countries and makes them all about equal in number of provinces."

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm, random location and equal number of provinces seems nice. But I think it would screw up national decisions and the like too much.

I like the normal world. Sure, it isn't fair and countries aren't equal. But neither are we as players. Everything not being equal isn't a bad thing, and different countries can evolve very differently in different games.

Of the proposed options, I say either have people play a ck2 game and then convert the save (so we have some randomness in starting nations), or play a normal game. Preferably from the 1444 start (so you can pick idea groups freely), but we could start at a later stage if peoploe wanted.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    So the game is now dead? I can only say I am very disapointed, as for me part of the fun just started. My entire plan was to wait with obtaining points untill the last 100 years and slolwy rise above my direct competitors. Now people decided they have no fun in the game anymore and we just throw away the agreemend on which to end the game?

Sorry, but I have had several sessions as Japan in which I could do little to nothing, but slowly build up. Yet I still was there to play so other people could have fun. Now I am sad that in return there is nothing.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not sure if the consensus is that the game is dead. I asked what people think, and I don't know if everyone has replied yet. In all honesty, I think the question kind of disappeared in the excitement over achievement giving. :P

Looking through the posts, two people have said they want to continue, and three have said that they are "okay" with stopping or don't care (I count these as the same as it seems like people are fine with continuing as well). We haven't really had anyone say "I want to stop now", apart from Waffly who quit during the session.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I am sorry, but the points have been revealed, talk is about a new game. You have to agree that the thread at the moment is strongly moving towards a new game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I understand what you mean, and agree that people kind of jumped the ship in regards to point revealing. But the votes from all the players still aren't in, so I won't say that the game is dead until I've heard from almost everyone.

Points are revealed, but we are about halfway through, so we can just see it as the halfway mark. In all honesty, I'm not sure if disabling the ledger actually did anything. It feels like we knew how many points people were getting anyway, who were in the lead, and what position people had. The only thing it really did was to make the "Rule the seas"-quest more annoying.

But let's here people's votes again. And this time I'm only giving you two alternatives: Continue, or quit. That's right, I made it into a dichotomy. And you are forced to pick sides. So search your feelings, and all that jazz, and let us know what you want.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quit.
    It's summer, we're down massively in numbers and the game has gotten stale. I haven't enjoyed it for quite a while to be honest.

It's dead now. I had a shot at 4th place. Now I am stuck, I had to reveal my options to keep the game running but with that I basicly give up all possibilities of obtaining rank 4. So yes, I am slighlt pissed, as even by revealing the ledger my plans are down the drain and for me the game is now over. about 6 sessions of planning and moving into positions. Throwing up smoke screens, all thrown away in 5 minuts.

Sad...., thats all I can say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not seeing a save in the thread, presumably it's just Cei who has looked at the ledger at this point?

Also could we get a save up here at some point? Kind of want to see what Morocco did last session. :P