Page 28 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    @Cei, 10 of april we split up Ayutthaya?
    Asia: Where loyalty is an unknown concept. :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Asia: Where loyalty is an unknown concept. :P
    I'd say loyalty above all else, but weakness shall not be tolerated. A china is as strong as it's weakest chink.

With Europe looming over them not appreciating the solid position their in, I don't blame them.

Edit: I though Europe was living the dog eat dog lifestyle. Also in the end Glorious Zapotec America is nicest continent. All are welcome
    Last edited by Calamity; 31-03-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Europe has been remarkably well behaved, at least among the players, with Austria stirring things up now and then.

I reckon with borders among players becoming longer and less AI provinces we might see more conflicts, and when that happens you'd better have an alliance with Burgundy. :-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Ah bugger, might not want to advertise it too widely then.
    Actually, you might. Just host different games at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Actually, you might. Just host different games at different times.
    Might be a bit easier said than done. I am willing to host a secondary game on a different day. But before we dive into that it'd be best if we sort the logistics out. Because every player needs to be reliable with
    -Connectivity
    -Attendance (punctuality)
    -Following the rules

The connections are unstable as it is, lobbies take quite a while to set up, especially if people don't have saves downloaded and hotjoining is a pain in the ass.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I reckon with borders among players becoming longer and less AI provinces we might see more conflicts, and when that happens you'd better have an alliance with Burgundy. :-)
    Hey pssst, Khan, there's this city on the other side of the Bospherus hat looks mighty desirable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Or start one big coalition against Burgundy. He can beat you all one by one, but even now together you all stand stronger. The problem is, who will still side by Burgundy? How many diplomatic relations can he have? Who will be the first to be swallowed?

In Asia you know the rules. We stand together until death. Death just happens in two weeks, that's all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    I though Europe was living the dog eat dog lifestyle. Also in the end Glorious Zapotec America is nicest continent. All are welcome
    Europe is actually a really friendly place right now. Lots of cooperation, financial assistance, and tips for people. Maybe it's because we have several very strong AI nations to deal with, but it feels like we've managed to forge strong bonds with each other.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

If burgundy transforms into The Netherlands with French holdings, everybody can kiss their trade income goodbye.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Or start one big coalition against Burgundy. He can beat you all one by one, but even now together you all stand stronger. The problem is, who will still side by Burgundy? How many diplomatic relations can he have? Who will be the first to be swallowed?.
    What is this, Japan coming to incite rebels in Europe? :P

In actual fact, I think most player nations in Europe are kind of allied with each other already, if you follow the chains. I think there is at most two or three links between everyone.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    What is this, Japan coming to incite rebels in Europe? :P
    I think because Japan is the only nation far enough away to help those rebels without major problems for the next 100-200 years.

With the amount of politics and scheming rising, EU IV is looking more like CK II by the minute.

Network Hub
    Did you end the war or was it still going?
    The war is already at 100% warscore in Shan, I was just taking a province off rebels that I want in the peace deal. There's no way, absolutely no possible way the AI could mess that up....

oh god i've doomed us all.

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    The war is already at 100% warscore in Shan, I was just taking a province off rebels that I want in the peace deal. There's no way, absolutely no possible way the AI could mess that up....

oh god i've doomed us all.
    Kiss your gold goodbye. Also I looked up your situation on your save. You should be fine. You'll probably come back to a bigger nation. If after the peace Ming and you don't share a border, there shouldn't be any tentions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    With the amount of politics and scheming rising, EU IV is looking more like CK II by the minute.
    Shhhh, don't tell people. They'll figure out my assassination plans!! :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Kiss your gold goodbye. Also I looked up your situation on your save. You should be fine. You'll probably come back to a bigger nation. If after the peace Ming and you don't share a border, there shouldn't be any tentions.
    Even if Ming and him (and possibly me and him after i go after Malwa and Bengal as planned) were to have border, if he starts making claims me and Ming could maybe just do actual formal Alliance.

Doubt the AI would be suicidal enough to even piss towards those hypothetical borders at that point (who am i kidding, first thing next session that AI will rival, trade embargo and insult us both).

Thing is, in two sessions we won't go that many years. I don't think we'll be butting borders yet, and careful diplomacy can keep things on track. Saying that, I'm going to be pissed if the AI signs peace as soon as we start playing and I lose any progress against Oriat.

Count on exactly that happening

Count on exactly that happening
    Yeah exactly. Just means I have to have a pesky truce for a few years before I go stomping back in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Yeah exactly. Just means I have to have a pesky truce for a few years before I go stomping back in again.
    count me in! My "diplomats" need some entertaining, so I assume you provide it?