Login trouble on the main site

Hello Hivemind!

This is what I get when I try to login on the main site:
    ERROR
    : Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.

Any idea what's happening? Cookies are actually enabled and it worked until yesterday or so...

Cheers!

Edit: Strange... Now it works again. Never mind then.
    Last edited by Ernesto; 07-02-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    Hello Hivemind!This is what I get when I try to login on the main site:ERROR: Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.Any idea what's happening? Cookies are actually enabled and it worked until yesterday or so...Cheers!Edit: Strange... Now it works again. Never mind then.
    In that case, I'll hijack the thread to complain when you log in to post a comment it always takes you back to the front page. REALLY ANNOYING! I'm sure most wordpress sites don't do that. I know it's been like that for years, but isn't there some way to fix it???

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    In that case, I'll hijack the thread to complain when you log in to post a comment it always takes you back to the front page. REALLY ANNOYING! I'm sure most wordpress sites don't do that. I know it's been like that for years, but isn't there some way to fix it???
    I'm getting this exact problem. Nothing constructive to add, just comforted I'm not alone.

Hmpf... I got the same cookie error again. Very strange.

And I also agree with you. It's annoying to get back to the front page. Would be nice if someone fixes that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Try this, RPS admin monkeys:
    http://wpsnipp.com/index.php/functio...e-after-login/
    or there are many plugins.

Obscure Node
    I'm also having this problem, though it hasn't resolved itself like OP's did. I can't login to the main site, it says I need to enable cookies, even though they are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I'm also having this problem, though it hasn't resolved itself like OP's did. I can't login to the main site, it says I need to enable cookies, even though they are.
    Works for me...
    Try erasing the existing cookies. Do you have JS enabled?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Obscure Node
    Hi! I'd just like to add that I'm having the same issue too. Only on my Mac for some reason. PC is fine. I've tried various browsers and attempted to allow RPS as an exception through filters that technically aren't even activated (but I did it anyway.)

So yes, I cannot log in to the main site on this machine. Bit annoying. This has been the case for a couple of month at least. How am I supposed to write comments on this website at work now!

Did a bit of googling and found some posts:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...ting-me-log-in

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...second-website

And another... Long thread
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...hen-logging-in

I have the exact same problem, and now I can't post random comments, it's quite worrying.

Oh, apparently I can log to the site only on firefox, and to the forum only on safari. Odd.
    Last edited by Alfrederique; 07-05-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    I'm having the exact same problem but only on my work PC, which is behind weird proxies and so forth. Tried all sensible things like clearing cookies and they are definitely enabled.