Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

The First Rock Paper Shotgun Planetside 2 Community Joint Meeting

The first meeting between RPS and RTRS has just finished and the following decisions have been made.

A new sticky thread shall be created which is to be titled "Scrim Challenges Start Here" Or something to that effect.
    This thread shall contain details of the community's outfits, and the information that a scrim challenge is targeted at both outfits unless circumstances are such that pulling members from both outfits would be impractical. For example a squad size death match or something similer.

The current sticky threads shall be updated and brought up to speed with the current reality of our outfits.

New sticky threads shall be created to better support new players. For example sticky threads involving basic cert orders like certing the medic first etc.

A final sticky thread to the end of supporting important outfit news.

Any suggestions on threads to support new players and other contributions would be greatly appreciated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Apologies for not being able to make this, something came up at home.

One thing I do know, the New Players Start Here thread needs updating. I'll add any edits that need doing if they get posted in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    1) Rock Paper Scythe is not active and is taking up space.

2) Replace the TB video with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URIu143Si3w by Wrel.

3) Rock Planet Shotgun has two weekly events. StratGir Wednesdays and TVA Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    1) Rock Paper Scythe is not active and is taking up space.

2) Replace the TB video with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URIu143Si3w by Wrel.

3) Rock Planet Shotgun has two weekly events. StratGir Wednesdays and TVA Fridays.
    Done

I will try listing RPS & RTRS side-by-side as they used to be. Doing this with tables makes the formatting go wonky though, so I'll need to spend some time on it.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It still says TotalBiscuit's video. otherwise looks fine to me.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Try to avoid creating a plethora of sticky threads - in my experience the more stickies the less likely any of them are too be read by newcomers. Lots of links though, like the thread of threads can be good.

While we're looking at the stickies there is still a bit about ProSieben that I'm a little wary of. We could perhaps remove any mention of them and just stick with the recruit link.

@Eso & Dewi

I definitely changed those things. The ProSiebs stuff got axed and the video was changed. Cache problems?
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The new video is there and I cannot see anything about proseiben, but the text above the video still says 'totalbiscuit'.

Oddly, now it shows the the chnages i mentioned, by still mentions TB's video. Such odd. Much Cache. Wow

Network Hub
    Well, it's fair to point out that ProSieben customers don't have Player Studio items yet (projected that they'll have them in a few months).

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    The new video is there and I cannot see anything about proseiben, but the text above the video still says 'totalbiscuit'.
    Yeah, that's hat I meant. Didn't I say that? Should've used quotation marks perhaps...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea (unless its already been done) if someone with admin rights just gave everything a proper once over.
    Our next hypothetical recruitment drive wouldn't be until Hossin I would assume, so no rush I suppose. It definitely needs a proper update.

I'd happily update some of the things on it if I could get admin rights.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    I'd happily update some of the things on it if I could get admin rights.
    Yeah, good luck with that!

Hossin seems like a reasonable time for the next drive, though. Or if there's a metagame-related update, perhaps.

Re: Admin rights.

We only have mod rights, and this does not allow us to edit posts, only delete them...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

This link is not working; something with the http is messed up. The link is to
    Code:
    http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gvXlHyApxY
    but should be to
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gvXlHyApxY
    Something else: The Outfit page does contain a menu entry "Outfit Guide->Introduction" which only contains a cert-guide. Probably it would be a good idea to either link to the new players post in the forum or put the new Players guide on the website and link to there from the forum.
    Last edited by Qw33r; 10-02-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

the admin reshuffle might take a while, Jim is in full on Sir! mode.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

I guess strictly speaking this is just a place for discussion anyway, whether its about important topics or not...

The website should probably be the place where all the actual information is kept anyway. That way we could just have 1 locked - super sticky at the top. An amalgamation of everything relevant in the current stickies, along with the link to it the website.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    I guess strictly speaking this is just a place for discussion anyway, whether its about important topics or not...

The website should probably be the place where all the actual information is kept anyway. That way we could just have 1 locked - super sticky at the top. An amalgamation of everything relevant in the current stickies, along with the link to it the website.
    This would be ideal, I think. The PS2 resources and 'thread of all threads' can be migrated easily enough. We also have control over who can edit the websites.

Questions:
    1) Are the RTRS lot okay if basic new player info is moved over to rockplanetshotgun.com?
    - The current 'new players start here' and the intended sticky for scrim etc. invites can stay as they are, with info stickied on the forums.
    - But the comms guide has already migrated (the thread just links straight to the guide there) so it would make sense to simply delete that thread and update links in the new players sticky.
    - The suggested new player guides in Roranor's OP be hosted on the rockplanetshotgun.com website, to allow for easier editing to maintain it and keep it up-to-date. A link to this will be prominent in the 'new players start here' thread.
    - Same for the PS2 resources thread & thread index. That can be recreated (and massively updated!) on the [RPS] website. The thread index can be expanded to include important RTRS threads. Again, with this being on the website, more editors means it'll be more likely to be updated.

2) Any volunteers from RTRS to get admin for the rockplanetshotgun.com website?
    - If we are gonna start using that to host general info like comms (which it does already) & new player guides there should be members from both outfits with access to edit that stuff.
    (I can play with the website so that pages flagged as for all the community rather than [RPS] specific stuff have their own header which is for both outfits)

I'm happy to sort the website out to provide less 'branding' on shared pages. I, personally, think that the possibility of more editors from both outfits on the website means we can keep info up-to-date more easily and reduce the number of stickies to one or two. But I also understand if RTRS would rather keep shared info on the forums.

The suggested result would then be:
    - Two stickies:
    (1) One for new players which is as it stands but with another once-over and much info replaced with links to editable pages on www.rockplanetshotgun.com (e.g. Comms, new player videos & advice, thread indexes etc.)
    (2) One for those looking to invite the community to events with a statement re: we're the same community, and play toegther as well as this working as a general statement on that issue for the record.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    the admin reshuffle might take a while, Jim is in full on Sir! mode.
    As he has has rejoined the sub forum I would say: Go go Quanta.