Page 2 of 137 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    It didn't show ammo until you got a gun and that photo shows right at the beginning of the game before you gut a piece, probably just after you pass the guy who offers to upgrade your steel pipe.
    Ah cool, ok then case closed :D

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Alright. Since Aerothorn hasn't replied in a while and the thread is about to drop out of sight, I decided to do the bad thing and start this off. I'm sorry if I'm walking out of boundaries here. If Aerothorn sees this and wants to start one off on his own, I'll happily delete my post.
    Either way, the typical stuff applies. I'll upload an initial screenshot. The person that can name the game first, is next in line and uploads a screenshot (or passes) on their own. Usually the initial poster confirms the name of the game. It'd be cool if we didn't go bandwith nuking and use thumbnails.

So I start off with an obscure one. You can have it on Steam, but you can't buy it on Steam. It is not a free game and can only be bought. You may search for it, but in the shop you shall not find it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    VegaStrike?
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Vegastrike looks remarkably similar, but the game I posted is in a weird top down sort of perspective. (Not exactly top down, more angled but definitely on a 2D Plane).

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    VegaStrike?
    Oh how I wanted that to become something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theForged View Post
    Vegastrike looks remarkably similar...
    I was working off the fonts, but after checking out other screenshots the UI is totally different :/

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Oh how I wanted that to become something.
    I gave up years ago, Evochron succeeded much better than VegaStrike ever did.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I made another screenshot, that's better in showing the perspective.

The game takes pride in being backed by research on procedural content generation. There are entire essays and publications on the content evolution this game uses. It's appararently a big thing in that regard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    That looks a bit like the HD remake of Solar Winds, but I can't remember the name to doublecheck.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    That looks a bit like the HD remake of Solar Winds, but I can't remember the name to doublecheck.
    If they did a HD remake of that game, lol. Would be great. :D
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Solar Winds is an interesting game, but that's not it either. Maybe I picked a game a bit too obscure, the funny words in the game description page should have told me as much. I mean, who uses Compositional pattern-producing network and Neuroevolution of augmenting topologies in the same sentence, when describing why a game is special.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theForged View Post
    Solar Winds is an interesting game, but that's not it either. Maybe I picked a game a bit too obscure, the funny words in the game description page should have told me as much. I mean, who uses Compositional pattern-producing network and Neuroevolution of augmenting topologies in the same sentence, when describing why a game is special.
    You're barred from this in the future!

Is the game GAR? Or Galactic Arms Race, which is on Greenlight atm.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh *sniff, sniff*:(

But yes, it's Galactic Arms Race. It actually passed Greenlight quite some time ago. Curiously enough, it was also available on Steam long before it actually did enter greenlight (through means of Bundles like Groupees). Whatever the hell happened there. Its stick is proceduraly generated weaponry and it's mainly based on a lot of research on mathematics.

Here's mine. The first RTS I've ever owned.

"Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Ingame screenshot or cinematic?

Cinematic /10char

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Is it Starship Troopers Terran Ascendancy?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Can't remember the cinematics at all, but the blasted landscape and greenish light reminds me of Earth 2160 - although that's hardly obscure, I suppose. Hmm.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Neither of those.

Steam ID

I know! But I cheated, so I won't say what it is or how I got the answer...
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Machines intro cinematic.

Never played much of the game, but that soundtrack...!
    Last edited by c-Row; 12-02-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -