Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    c-Row wins!

I got Machines when I was a little kid one year for christmas in a big game box (as was the style at the time) along with Sim City and some India Jones rogue like game that took could take up to half an hour to load off a single floppy disk. They where the first pc games I've ever owned and I was only allowed play them on my older sisters PC that she had been bought for college when she wasn't busy with it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    and some India Jones rogue like game
    Kingdom of Kroz?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    Kingdom of Kroz?
    Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures​. Oh the memories!
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I'm going to mess with the format a little here because I can't remember the name of the game either. I played the demo of an isometric RTS game where you created weird aliens to fight other aliens and collect their DNA. Mousing over their little pile of blood brought up a double helix symbol. You could plant two types of resource collecting plants on little patches of fertile land. One would collect quickly but run out quicker.

Anybody?!

Relic's Impossible Creatures maybe?

Also - guessing time. :)

one2many.jpg
    Last edited by c-Row; 12-02-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Relic's Impossible Creatures maybe?

Also - guessing time. :)

one2many.jpg

It's not Impossible Creatures anyway. This was a 2D art style.

Is that Messiah?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Is that Messiah?
    It is indeed. I thought not showing the cherub made it hard enough.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Is this obscure? I don't know. NAME THAT GAME!

maxresdefault.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This is no fun if people keep posting one over another haha :D

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Is this obscure? I don't know. NAME THAT GAME!

maxresdefault.jpg
    Totally Pathways Into Darkness, I'd recognise those awful textures anywhere.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    This is no fun if people keep posting one over another haha :D
    I vote for an additional rule:
    Only the one that guessed the game, gets to upload another image. If that person does not post another game within 24 hours, then a random person can post an image.

Otherwise, this will go to hell really quick and kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theForged View Post
    Only the one that guessed the game, gets to upload another image. If that person does not post another game within 24 hours, then a random person can post an image.

Otherwise, this will go to hell really quick and kinda defeats the whole purpose.
    I agree,this rule should stand out. STAND OUT RULE GOD DAMN IT! :v

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I got Machines when I was a little kid one year for christmas in a big game box...
    I got Machines 2 one year. It kept crashing every time I tried to order my troops to move around. I actually ended up emailing the devs which resulted in a big back-and-forward exchange ending with "Well... we don't really know what's wrong." Presumably I cried myself to sleep or something, or maybe just tried a different computer, I don't recall. I do recall that you could directly control some units!

Yeah let's keep it organised, otherwise there's too many images at once and it gets hard to follow.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

I didn't even know there was a second one. And yeah in Machines (1) you could directly control any unit Dungeon Keeper style, which was quiet fun. There were so many units too and all sub-divided into more choices with what load outs they took.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    It is indeed. I thought not showing the cherub made it hard enough.
    That game was brilliant. I was thinking of mentioning it in the obscure games thread, though I'm not sure if anyone else remembered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    That game was brilliant. I was thinking of mentioning it in the obscure games thread, though I'm not sure if anyone else remembered it.
    I remember it! Never played it, actually, but I read a review of the game once. I've always wanted to play it, since it seemed to be an original concept.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I remember it! Never played it, actually, but I read a review of the game once. I've always wanted to play it, since it seemed to be an original concept.
    It is, but it's significantly flawed. The controls and camera are pretty bad and there's a few platforming and action elements which just feel entirely out of place. The puzzles are simplistic and you basically just go around possessing someone with the most freedom to move around, and then jump into somebody else when you get stuck.

Original idea, horrible execution. Plus the game was buggy back then, and it's still buggy now.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Network Hub
    Who's turn is it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If we follow the original chain, it's Skeletor68 turn now.

Network Hub
    If we follow the original chain, it's Skeletor68 turn now.
    OOOo but in 3 hours he forfeits his rights to the next in the chain :P