263 beta build live!

Hoyhoy,

the 263 beta build just went live: http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/beta-bu...now-available/

and it includes some really awesome changes and fixes like:

Added ammo bars for the Marine Commander to nameplates
    Fixed power nodes not blinking red on minimap when being attacked
    Steam friends nameplates and minimap icons are now highlighted
    Added evolve last upgrades keybind
    Remove skill ranking from main menu
    Muting a player will now also mute voice requests (like need ammo / medpack)

This should especially make a comm's job much more comfortable.

Above all, they finally managed to implement a preliminary organised play system! So we might get more balanced games from now on into the future.

You have to opt into the beta build by right clicking NS2 and selecting "betas". I will try to get on later tonight for a few games, if anyone is willing (and reads this in time), feel free to join on me.

Network Hub
    Brilliant .. god I hope this hasn't come too late in the game .. I haven't played NS2 in about 2 weeks now

(mainly due to loadout (fun game .. but dont think it's got the longevity .. plus client sidereg means its too open to hacking..))

They're all great additions .. seeing steamfriends on the minimap will make playing in pubs a bit nicer I think

last evolved keybinding .. what can you say .. it's been something that's taken 2 years to get here .. I think they dropped the ball with that one .. something that should have been added in the beta ..

wondering if muting a player now mutes their written text too now ...

organised play system is a bit late in the game too I think ..

I hope they boost NS2 ... great additions .. but these should have all been implemented a longass time ago :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I tried the game yesterday for a few minutes, seems like the performance is better also.

Really fun game

And the build is now live. Also, you can buy some emblem-packs to support all or specific teams from the Worldchampionship-thingy. I bought the pack which includes all

Seems to be a nice update overall. We will see when I will be able to play it though

Maybe an obvious question, but is the RPS Natural Selection group still a thing?
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Network Hub
    Probably not, it's only been me on Mumble/steam chat for the past couple of weeks.

I was busy mostly on Sundays and Thursdays as of late. I do still play NS2 occasionally but my interest has slackened. After two years it is time to move on, even though I have heaps of fond memories playing it with this group.

I'm currently playing Renegade X and after 10 hours or so I'm starting to really get back into it. If you feel like it, feel free to join me. Then, once Titanfall is released I'll probably play that one as well, since I loved the beta.

Sorry to hear that. As I said earlier, I have been working evening every Thursday and Sunday this past month so I have been unable to play. I MIGHT PERHAPS be able to play this coming Sunday (9th of March) but I am not 100% sure yet. In any case I will definitely be able to play every Thursday and Sunday after Monday the 17th of March (which is in 2 weeks). Hopefully people will show up at that point

And personally I don't get the thing with Titanfall. I tried the Beta but it didn't stick with me. It just feelt bland to me. Might pick it up when it costs about €10 or something like that. Not before.

Can't give any garantuees to show up jeppe. Tbh, I think I'm finally burned out on NS2.

Titanfall just got the movement right. I loved how, after a couple of hours of practicing, you are able to chain all these jumps together, barely touching the ground. The gameplay is so varied and seamless! I still doubt it will keep my interest for a prolonged period, but the beta yielded enough fun to justify a purchase at release (the game can be had for as cheap as 30€).

You should try out RenX. Quanta, Wiggly and I had a game yesterday and apart from the server browser putting us in different games all the time it was good fun imo. More people need to play it. It shares some similarities with NS2, like buildings and lots of tactical finesse and options (brute force, rushing, infiltration). And it is completely free!

Network Hub
    Aye .. NS2 is off the top 100 steam stats page now for a while .. the match making system just came too late .. If it was about while we were doing decent RPS nights, we could field teams against random other teams .. it'd have been more common place etc. and I think it'd have given it a bit more longevity

NS2WC were fun to watch .. NS2 is still fun to jump into.. I just wish UWE weren't always so behind .. everything to do with NS2 has just been so bad with the timing .. I mean idiotic stuff like performances patches AFTER sales (it was like the 3rd or 4th sale then a decent performance patch released) .. by that time, those that would have been interested in it .. were already turned off it ... bad server browser at start (I mean .. releasing a game when they have the main point of launching a game a couple of days development before release .. sheesh) .. HUGHs big announcement (when everyone was expecting a new map due to his moronic hype) deflated the community .. and now .. team match making system when the number of players doesnt make it viable..

UWE were their own enemies here :/ NS2 is a fantastic game .. but UWE shot themselves so many times in the foot .. no wonder FF is off by default..

I'll jump into NS2 regulary enough .. but I'm holding out for NS3

Games I'm playing atm .. I guess Loadout (free FPS game .. not pay to win!) and a bit of TF2 with some rl friends .. that's about it
    http://www.loadout.com/media/ + http://www.twitch.tv/bitey for loadout stuff..

Loadout is great fun .. and add me ingame for a mess about (its all about the weapons you make ) ..
    TitanFall .. I saw it .. and it just looked so .. boring/repatitive? had 0 interest in downloading it

I'm waiting for the next game tbh .. Loadout and TF2 and NS2 will carry me until then I think

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep, Renegade was lovely.

The drive for NS2 is gone for me, I wasnt really in it anyway the last few times we played(Kwis can testify to this). I fear I too have burned on it. Although I am still active around here playing games(also visit the RPS steam group chatroom someday!).
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

@Balmark

All too true balmark... all too true. Sadly.

Concerning Loadout: I tried it for a while and it seems to be fun. It does lack some tactical gameplay though and it seems I can't do without that nowadays in a MP shooter. Hence I enjoy Renegade atm and will probably enjoy Titanfall once it is out. It is pretty straight forward and certainly plain in comparison to NS2, but it still offers quite a range of tactical options.

I wonder when something equally engrossing as NS2 was to me will hit the shelves. If ever.

Well... There's also PS2 next sunday... See you guys there?

Yeah, I have to agree with Balmark as well unfourtunately.

And like Kwisats I have problems finding enjoyable MP shooters these days because they are generally to "dumbed-down" for my taste (like recent installments of Battlefield). Hopefully we can get a game together once in a while at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Jeppe, join me in the wonderful world of DCS Simulators(Kamov KA-50 Helicopter and the A-10C Warthog II ). It's insanely deep and you have a bazillion hours to loose yourself in!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Give a link and I will check it out but no promises

Will play tonight. Feel free to join