Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node

Sword of the Stars Multiplayer game (for inexperienced players)

Hello,

i was wondering if anybody else bought SotS in the recent sales? And if so, does anybody fancy a multiplayer game? Myself and a friend bought the game a few months ago, but haven't really played it very much. We briefly test out how the multiplayer system works though, and it's pretty slick (especially compared to the problems we've had with Blood Bowl etc).

So, we were wondering, is anybody interested in joining us? We'd be looking at doing a couple of turns a few nights a week. Maybe more maybe less. I think it's possible to set up and run a server for the game, so players can log on and take their shots whenever (similar to Dom3).

Anybody interested?

Riadsala

edit: Google doc... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XpNZnpPSFdVNnc
    Last edited by riadsala; 18-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Hey riadsala, id be interested in playing although ive only played single player in sword of the stars so am not quite sure the multilayer works. Just to check which version do you have? i imagine it would be the complete package, like me but its best to make sure. :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yup, we both have the complete pack. Are you on Steam/gmail? if so, could you PM me your details and we can arrange things.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Annoyingly, it looks like the standalone server is hardcoded to replace absent players with AIs. So if we don't all log in at the same time, somebody will have the AI taking there shot. Hmm.

Anybody have any experience with this game?

I'd love to, but I have some problems with the time frame (and being pretty busy too). If we can get around that It'd be awesome to play with some RPSers

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I'd love to, but I have some problems with the time frame (and being pretty busy too). If we can get around that It'd be awesome to play with some RPSers
    If you can make some of the sessions, you could join in if you were ok with the AI taking over when you're busy? Which would probably be quite a lot of the time, but at least you'd get to stick your oar in and tweak things every now and then?

That'd be perfect. That way I can blame the AI when my whole empire collapses.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    in that case, can you PM me your Steam ID (assuming your on steam) and we can try and find a mutually agreeable time to start the game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Right, I'm hoping we can arrange to get this game off the ground over the weekend. Doesn't have to be a long session, but I'd quite like to get the ball rolling.

With time differences maybe I can play on sunday afternoon (yours afternoon). Tell me what hour is best for you lot and I'll see if I can make it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Heliocentric on steam, don't have sots installed at the moment but that's fixed with an evening download.

Mebbeh. It would depend on timing, really. And if you would take a complete newbie who's never actually played SOTS before.

Anyway, installing, on the off chance.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    are people free to start the game this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    are people free to start the game this evening?
    Possibly. Especially if we can be done by 5PM EST (10PM in England (I think), where I assume most of you are?)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    say 8pm UK time?

The plan is to make this a "learning" game and then we can start a bigger, proper game sometime later. But at the moment, I'd just like to get a game underway and getting everybody coordinated is a bit of a logistical nightmare.

sounds like you guys need a spreadsheet :D
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

I get home at 10pm (uk time) so I'll check if you guys are still playing.
    Save me a slot with the bugs if you don't mind (fishes or tarkas are fine too).

My steam ID just in case

Hey guys and girls keeping an eye on this thread, riad says hes intending to start around 9 ish if your in :)

Tikey, riad said hes going to keep a slot open for you if we start before you can get online, thinks that means the A.I will take a couple of turns for you. maybe that'l add to the challenege ? :)

yeah, I know, no problem. The AI will probably play better than me anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hoping for nine.... Sorbicol's re-downloading the game, so it will partly be done to how long that takes.

Oh, and races: anybody else want to claim a race? I think I should go humans or tarkas, being new to the game and all.

Humans
    Tarkas
    Liirian - Sorbicol
    Hivers - Tikey
    Zuul -
    Morrigi -