Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    If you are new new I recommend to play Tarkas, Humans have their quirks.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ok, I'll go Tarkas, unless somebody with even less experience nabs them.

Oh, and if I vanish... it means the power's gone. Weathers a little stormy and the lights have started to flicker!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just so people know, we got the game started tonight. The game has a very good multi-player implementation. I am very impressed. Tikey was late home from work, so we started without him, and he managed to jump in half way through our session and take over from the AI. And Heliocentric couldn't make it, so we stated an AI off for him.

Hoping to have session 2 10pm on Wednesday.

If everything goes well, hopefully we can step up to a bigger second game when this one is done and dusted. Long way to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    we got the game started tonight.
    :'(

Crud. (not that you got it started, but that I wasn't there)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNoghri View Post
    :'(

Crud. (not that you got it started, but that I wasn't there)
    Sorry. I kept an eye out for you, but obviously it didn't work out.

I expect there'll be a second game after this one, so keep an eye out for that.

I want in the next game :) ! I see the game for 3.99 on Impulse - will that work on Steam to play with you guys?

Be nice to play with you dark noghri, and hey if enough players spot this thread a second game might spring up with new players in no time.

Hensler - i would imagine it would work fine as you use the in-game browser to connect to games.

Raidsala and co it looks like my work place has stuck its unwelcome oar in so i may be abit late tomorrow (weds) night i should be home for around 10:45-11, but i understand if you wanna get things going without me for that session :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by karandraz View Post
    Raidsala and co it looks like my work place has stuck its unwelcome oar in so i may be abit late tomorrow (weds) night i should be home for around 10:45-11, but i understand if you wanna get things going without me for that session :)
    Aw. I was looking forward to tonight! I reckon we should probably try and wait for you though. Here's hoping you're not toooooo late back and we can get a few turns done. We won't have long, I don't really want to stay up too late on a schoolnight, but lets hope we can get 5 turns in or something, just to keep the game ticking over.

Obscure Node
    I would defiantly be interested in joining a game, be it the next or even trying to get a second game going if enough people voice an interest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Where is everyone?

hey heliocentric, were on steam at the moment, do you use steam? we are all there apart from riadsala trying to get a hold of him!

Also would be happy to help if a second game set up but wouldnt want to take the place of a newer player :)

posting this on my mobile, my net went down, sorry guys.

my phone line is down (and its phone line internet) must be out of hours service.

There isn't a sword of the stars RPS steam group, right?
    We should make one so at least we can see the RPSers interested in playing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @ Everybody
    Sorry for being late back... had a good reason :( And thanks for waiting for me, appreciated it

@ Heliocentric
    Not to worry. We stopped shortly after you disconnected anyway.

@ Tikey
    Good idea.

Activated Node
    Hi Chaps

good game last night enjoyed it. Once you get used to its idiosyncrasies it's not a bad game at all is it?

Bit late finishing when you've got to be at work for 8am though. Might prefer a tad earlier start next time!

As for everyone else wanting to join, sure we can get a much bigger game going once this one is done and dusted.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    When are people free for the next session? Sunday afternoon perhaps?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    I want in the next game :) ! I see the game for 3.99 on Impulse - will that work on Steam to play with you guys?

Hensler - yes it will. You'll just need to link the SotS.exe file into steam so you can use the steam chat system.

You can also run the game completely outside of steam to play the multiplayer too so it wouldn't really be an issue either way.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, suggestion for SotS: I think it would be fun to stick to the game rules about diplomacy... you have to research translation techs to be able to talk to your opponenets. No making cunning plans via Steam until you research the ability to do it in-game.

Obviously there's no way to enforce this. But I like the fact that hte devs made ingame chat goobleygook until you learn how to translate it. A nice touch.

I'm fine with that rule. Seems more fun that way.