Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

Network Hub
    Don't worry nullkigan depending on how he answers his pm one of the tall angry men might become easy pickings.

Network Hub
    Due to technical difficulties we're restarting the Noob game that was going on so we're putting the call out for new players as well.

The game details are:-

Vanilla, latest patch, middle age blind pick of 3 submitted nations independant person sorting out who gets what (last time probably again) 12 provinces per player, no AI, out of game comunication is okay and graphs turned on.

Don't think i've missed anything so if your interested jump over to the Dominions Noob thread and present yourself.

If your not interested then read this :- http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/ then do the above.

Obscure Node
    Ah well, not really enough interest for right now, I'll try again in a few weeks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Okay, so my computer crashed and burned 10 days ago. While I got a new laptop as a temporary replacement until I can afford a real one again, I appear to have lost my Dominions CD. I still have the manual and CD key, so Innocent was kindly trying to provide me with the necessary files, but either my laptop can't handle Dominions (it should!), or there's something else happening.

Long story short = I can't install Dom3 at the moment. Have contacted Shrapnel-support, will see what comes of it. Just put me on AI, although I'd have loved to see my little surprise for Yomi coming into fruition. :(

Spoiler: If anyone of you manages to take either of my citadels, there are quite a few significant treasures in there. Sorry for dropping out of this, it's been a fun game. (Although I am not going to play Oceania again - Gods, those land-troops are way too weak.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Aw. But why not just download/pirate a new install? Since you bought the game, it's legal to just replace the files. Your key should still work with a new install too I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrden View Post
    Aw. But why not just download/pirate a new install? Since you bought the game, it's legal to just replace the files. Your key should still work with a new install too I presume?
    I tried that actually, but it wouldn't register my key (which is entirely legit but has been around since the game launched).... it's either my laptop or Innocent's files.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just went to take my turn, and I got a state turn warning? Is there something funny happening, or am I just going senile in my old ages? I sure spent long enough making orders last turn. Hmm, oh well.

@riadsala

Nobody submitted a turn this last round.

So it's senility ;)

It won't affect anything though, since everyone else missed a turn too.

@VV

I don't know what to tell you... I'll try to make an ISO later this week.

What happens when you install it? Does it just fail totally or what?

I have my installation file on a Dropbox folder, will this help?
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

So the key really doesn't work with Innocent's files. It also does not work with the Image floating around the world wide webs.

Shrapnel hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Looks like I have no choice than digging through things until I find my CDs. :(

Activated Node
    Sorry for being slightly off-topic. I will keep it short.
    A DEMO version of Illwinters (makers of Dominions 3) new game, Conquest of Elysium 3, is now available at Desura.com
    http://www.desura.com/games/conquest-of-elysium-3
    Purchase price for the full game is $30

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just out of interest lads and ladies, what's the current turn count and how's the game looking? :-)

We're at turn 44, and soon the world will be under Sauromatian rule!
    That is, we're at the end-game now I think, with only 3 active players left. The lack of powerful mages in the early era is really showing now, for me at least. Territory-wise it's pretty even though, so anyone can take the game.
    Oh, and the AAR is at 22k words and 675 screens now, maybe I'm overdoing it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We're at turn 44, and soon the world will be under Sauromatian rule!
    That is, we're at the end-game now I think, with only 3 active players left. The lack of powerful mages in the early era is really showing now, for me at least. Territory-wise it's pretty even though, so anyone can take the game.
    Oooh shiny, let us know when it's available to rear :-)

Wow. I've been doing writeups too, but wow. I'm looking forward to reading things from your perspective. =D

Activated Node
    Hey guys,

We were talking about starting up another game over here, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...930#post114930. If any of you are interested just reply to either thread and I'll get in touch. I haven't posted much on the RPS threads, I've read RPS for something like two years but just never really comment. I'm in a game now with The Innocent and Sarigs and I would love to get another game going. As soon as we have some more interest we can all hash out the details for the game. Thanks

So, right now the game is going at snail's pace, though I think it's mostly cause Riad is really busy these days, which is fine. The thing is though; how much is there left of the match? Maybe we should just call it now.
    From what I can tell, I won the game by beating The Innocent's massive army. My scouting tells me you have nothing left, just those archers. If so, then your lands are now mine. And with double the territory, I should be able to beat Riad. Especially if he keeps going more into undead, who I can just banish.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, right now the game is going at snail's pace, though I think it's mostly cause Riad is really busy these days, which is fine.
    yeah, sorry about that! It's a case of being busy, and wanting to do my turns properly! I've decided that Dom3 is really ALL about the micromanaging, so logging on and spending 2 minutes looking over some orders isn't really playing the game.

if you're THAT powerful, then I'm happy to hand you the game.... I'll let the Innocent chime in...? A slow grind resulting in my death won't be fun! But if the Innocent thinks he can take you in the east then I'm still game.

Either way, making it to the last three in my first ever game is a result that I'm happy with.

So, right now the game is going at snail's pace, though I think it's mostly cause Riad is really busy these days, which is fine. The thing is though; how much is there left of the match? Maybe we should just call it now.
    From what I can tell, I won the game by beating The Innocent's massive army. My scouting tells me you have nothing left, just those archers. If so, then your lands are now mine. And with double the territory, I should be able to beat Riad. Especially if he keeps going more into undead, who I can just banish.
    Yeah, it's basically over. I think we should do 2-3 more turns to make sure your win is completely solid, and then end the game.

Thoughts?