Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    I think doing a "combined" diary in a single website is a good idea (usually people who read diaries only read a from the point of view of a single player and not bother with the rest).
    Well, I'm happy to use the blog I set up if people supply me with turn-write ups: one plost post per faction every (couple of) turns. I don't mind giving you all posting-privileges.

Of course, we are getting ahead of ourselves as the saga has yet to commence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I'll happily chip in on the occasional status report. Nerae is, after all, the Queen of Eloquence.

Can you get your Pretenders to Innocent's Dropboxfolder until Thursday so we can start?
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

I've got everyone linked on Dropbox except one. Please put your email address (or just your game name if you don't want everyone having access to your email, though they will through DB anyway). Then yes, I'll need your pretender design.

It will be saved in dominions3/savedgames/newlords. It will be a file along the lines of early_ctis_0.2h
    Last edited by The Innocent; 14-09-2011 at 07:25 PM.

I sent you a PM with me my e-mail address. I'll put my pretender there once the folder is shared with me.

EDIT: Submitted!
    Last edited by MasterBoo; 15-09-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Dropping my pretender (I mean, the one true GOD!) in the DB folder now.

Great! So everyone is confirmed. I'll have everything set up in... maybe an hour. There will be instructions in the Dropbox for anyone unfamiliar with how this will work.

Okay, so the instructions are up as is the Turn 0 folder! The game is on!

Just a warning that the first turn or two of Dom3 has a tendency to be very glitchy. If you have a problem, just contact me here, by email, or on Steam, and I'll work it out.

Good luck, fellow pretenders!

Seems like it'll go a lot faster than a week per turn at this rate. Also, in the instructions; 8. Prophet! Lulz
    About the map, there's a large island to the west. It seems like you might be able to move troops across to the mainland via a land bridge above the lake at the bottom? Or would you need amphibious troops to get off the island?

I was playing a single player game with an aquatic nation, and encountered something I couldn't explain: I had an amphibious commander, commanding only amphibious troops, and yet I couldn't move him to a land province. Why?

Sometimes (very rarely) in randomly generated maps, not all provinces are properly connected with each other. You can hit "8" to switch on connections, I definitely recommend it.

The two bridges down there are a land connection, and apart from having a vast amount of water to play with, which makes me happy, I rather like the map for its fun chokepoints.

The currents protecting the Pearled Palace parted, allowing the mermen of Oceania to enter.

What news from the Queen?, the leader of the squadron asked the royal attendee when he joined the council in a hall of white sharkbone.

The nobles of the councils looked at him, and finally a merman clad in amber, bearing the insignias marking him a high noble at the court, replied. The Queen is silent in her mourning for what must be done. The heretics must be purged before they bring their darkness over both land and seas, for false Gods manipulate the minds of the weak.

The troop-leader nodded. I will pass the orders and summon the triton knights from their slumber.

On the tide of dawn, Oceania rides the waves to war.

I think this random map should be great, but I probably shouldn't discuss why I chose it until the game is done (as the discussion would include considerations of strategic potential, which everyone should discover for themselves!).

So who all is taking notes for an after-action report?

Notes + screens

Is there a way to save a screenshot of the game without having to paste it manually to a different program after each print-screen button press?

Is there a way to save a screenshot of the game without having to paste it manually to a different program after each print-screen button press?
    FRAPS? That'll save the screenies to a folder. Though the free trial version only saves in .bmp I think.

Running it under Steam?
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Wrote an introduction post in my game diary:
    http://riseofbullboo.blogspot.com/2011/09/rise-of.html

EDIT: No longer valid. I changed the URL.
    Last edited by MasterBoo; 25-09-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Is the Ermor turn is missing from the Dropbox folder?

I put it in and later it was removed, so I assume riadsala took it out.

(checks DB history)

Yep, he took it out. So he'll put in the .2h whenever he's done with his turn, I'm sure.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    I put it in and later it was removed, so I assume riadsala took it out.

(checks DB history)

Yep, he took it out. So he'll put in the .2h whenever he's done with his turn, I'm sure.
    Yep... on my list of things todo today.

I assume the 1-turn-per-week has changed into 1-turn-per-day in all the enthusiastic excitment!