Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

I can neither confirm nor deny any involvement with the stinky fish-people or the ugly monkeys.

Oh, yeah, that's a good idea J.B.!

If anyone wants to look over what I've been writing for our game, go ahead and PM me as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Well, considering there are no stinky fish-people on the map, go ahead and deny whatever you want, "meat".

/Edit: Apart from, you know, those shark knights. They do smell a bit.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrden View Post
    On the other hand, fine, send your puny armies. I'll make a great statue park out of your troops. Ask Riadsala how armies fare against my SC. The great Mother of Snakes does not forgive, she kills until nothing remains to be forgiven.

Err, hang on the now. That doesn't sound so friendly.

Not looking forward to opening this turn. Might need to go down the pub and cask some courage first.

The ugly monkeys insist you keep calling them like this from now.
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

This game sounds absolutely fascinating. If it's not too much trouble, please PM me your private witterings. I note that fellow SI players are involved - does it have similar qualities?

It's much much more of an actual RPG than SI. SI is streamlined to do a subtle nastiness every turn. In Dominions, you mostly pick a strategy and go for it, then try to desperately to adapt your grand strategy to whatever just kicked your godly behind on the battlefield. (In Zyrden's case, I think it was a bit of failed diplomacy, but we'll see what happens. :D)

The beauty of Dominions is that you're never ever certain of what the enemy's coming up with. There's half a dozen entirely different viable strategies per nation plus a hundred thousand small alterations to each, depending what kind of units you find on the map or what kind of magic sites you find along the way. With 50+ different nations, there's a lot to discover and explode at each other.

It also tickles the "boardgame"-itch I for one get at SI, and it allows for some very sneaky strategies and surprise spells. But it's a lot more strategy, less diplomacy and intrigue.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

I wouldn't call it "failed diplomacy" as much as sneaky conspiracies >:(
    To be fair, my messages had a rather aggressive tone. But I was confident I could hold off any one of you, and it fits my AAR narrative.
    Apologies Boo for using "filthy" instead of ugly, I couldn't remember which one it was.

I think I'm in trouble.

Okay. I am in trouble! I provoked riadsala out of boredom, thinking all his army is in the west. Now I have a 80-man army on my door step :S, after I lost my stealth-stupid-filthy-ugly army in Zyrden's territory. SPARE ME!

Hmmm. A most interesting development. A bit unexpected, too.

Well, it's a noob battle :P We'll probably both lose in the end.

The thing is, I learned so much since we started (already finished 2 other games with 2 friends), that only now I realize how many rookie mistakes I've done :D

I am quite looking forward to another game with you guys, but I don't have the time to commit to two of them. Rookie mistakes are good!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    Okay. I am in trouble! I provoked riadsala out of boredom, thinking all his army is in the west. Now I have a 80-man army on my door step :S, after I lost my stealth-stupid-filthy-ugly army in Zyrden's territory. SPARE ME!
    I was wondering why you attacked me. I thought we had a nice mutual agreeement going on... we both have no idea what we're doing, so we should stick together. Too late for that now i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    Aha! So that's where they came from. I was puzzled as to where 2 armies suddenly came from when we had no connecting borders.
    Sneaky gits are everywhere these days :/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Some interesting choices to be made this turn.

>throws an explosive banana at riadsala<

>winks<

Pro-Tip: If your set your scout to "retreat", make sure there's actually a province he can retreat to if he gets discovered by patrollers. :P

Now stay off my kelp-covered lawn, you kids.

He's a scout, he's dead either way!
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

What spell is used to reveal all magic sites in a province (also, in which school). I couldn't find it, nor the spell that reveals astral magic sites.

Also what are gem gens?