Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    There's an all-purpose spell called Acashic Record which costs 25 Astral Pearls and is Conjuration-5 (or 4?). Very, very expensive.

Most other spells are Thaumaturgy-2 or Enchantment-2 and reveal sites of a particular magic for 2 gems.

Gem gens are crafted items that generate additional gems. There are two basic gem gen items - clams (for astral pearls) and fever fetishes (for fire), although the fetish bearers get diseased, so you're better of having a dedicated province full of diseased people.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

The greater proportion (80%?) of sites can be found by searching with a mage of two ranks in the appropriate school of magic. A third rank gives you basically all of the sites, and the third-rank only sites aren't so much more powerful that it's worth empowering to that level.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Note that casting discovery spells is much, much faster than manual searching though - you don't have to spend a turn to move before searching.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Heh, thanks for all the Dom3 messages, I've just this minute found them thanks to RPS' incredibly subtle PM notifications :D

I've picked the game up now so if anyone else fancies playing (or any of you lot fancy a second front) let me know.

Activated Node
    There are always open games here. Just pick one and announce it in this thread. http://www.dom3minions.com/HostedGames.htm or if none of those fit your desires you can get one hosted there. http://www.dom3minions.com

How can you create alliances within the game (I noticed some games have allies-computers vs allies-players)?
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    If someone is up to host another newbie game on llamaserver, I'm in. I've already completed several SP games and I'n in another couple MP too.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've been playing about with the SP a bit, few games and I'd love to try the MP, may need someone to walk me through the process though, only used to dropbox type games so far!

Looks like the next game could potentially be huge =)

Yeah, when this game is over, we can launch another. I'd love to play a middle era game with this group (plus anyone else who wants to join, of course).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd be in of course.

:-)

Never played any middle era but I'd be game too

Well, I think we still need two or three months to determine a winner though.

I'd also love to join a new game, but really can't commit to two of them right now.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just thinking of the number of mistakes I'll be able to learn from, it makes me giddy.

I'll join as well, especially since now I know how to play more or less (I have finished 3 other multiplayer games since we started). I sucked (and still is) so much this game D:

I have a friend who would like to join as well when we begin a new one.

Anyway, nobody answered me, does the game supports alliances or are they "unofficial"?
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Yes, alliances are "unofficial" -- good way of describing them.

These Gods just don't like to share. While you can declare a game ended at any time, it ain't over till the fat lady summons Valkyries down on the last Pretender standing.

Also, there is no way of coordinating attacks in the same province.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    These Gods just don't like to share. While you can declare a game ended at any time, it ain't over till the fat lady summons Valkyries down on the last Pretender standing.

Also, there is no way of coordinating attacks in the same province.
    Click target province, 'y'

TUTORIAL!

So, I finally pulled my finger out and got the next part of my write-up done. Turns 1-4 are now live. I'll try and do some more this weekend.

I've only got links to images as I'm having issues with image sizing vs the narrow format of the blog page. I'll continue to look into it.

If you get a tool called RightLoad, it should automatically create thumbnails of anything you upload using it, as well as giving you typical image only/thumbnail which links to image code for HTML and forums? It might be possible to tweak it to resize to page width instead of thumbnail size, too.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join