Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

Great!
    Can't wait...
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Awesome I've got PMs in from EVERYONE.

If anyone else wants in if they PM me by by end of friday I'll sent a group email round and set up a dropbox!
    Last edited by Sarigs; 19-01-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Network Hub
    Are there any mods that improve the battle scripting system at all?

Some of the available behavour for a number of troop types aren't really that good, for example troops with melee weapons and throwing weapons either seem to behave like archers and will carry on throwing in melee range or will ignore the throwing weapons and just charge.

Not AFAIK. Most of the mods are for balance and diversity (a lot of the end-game spells are expensive duds, for example)
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Cool everyone one's in, I'll sent round a email shortly for voting on options and go from there!

Any one else wants in PM me your email by tomorrow and we'll still have time to sort things!

Network Hub
    Digging through the dominion 3 forums for useful things I find this

http://www2.onyx.nu/pb/dom3/spells.html

Sssuming it's accurate still it's a searchable database of spells and items by their requirements which should help with building your pretenders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    VV, you attacked both of us? With half an army each?
    I use what I need to use. IT WOULD HAVE WORKED IF IT WEREN'T FOR THESE DAMN KIDS. Err, FINS.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    Are there any mods that improve the battle scripting system at all?

Some of the available behavour for a number of troop types aren't really that good, for example troops with melee weapons and throwing weapons either seem to behave like archers and will carry on throwing in melee range or will ignore the throwing weapons and just charge.
    You can script archery troops to "hold and attack". During Hold, they will use their missile weapons. This allows them to Hold for two rounds, then charge.

Throwing weapons usually only come with two or three ammunition anyway. When a missile unit runs out of ammo, it'll charge in.

Alternatively, set the unit as a bodyguard around a commander. They'll use their missile weapons in range but stick close to the commander - just tell him to charge, and the unit will charge with him.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    All I want from Dominions4 is an improved interface! I wouldn't even mind if is reused most the same graphics.

A battle interface similar to GSB would be great. And a better way of organising your troops into divisions and armies.

For Sarigs' game: I have everyone's nation preferences except for groovychainsaw's.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Gah, sorry guys - I'll get on and do this this evening...

Cool, thanks to random draft by die roll, the faction picks for the "rookie game" (not sure what else to call it... Nullkigan's game? Sarigs' game?) are as follows:

groovychainsaw: Arcoscephale
    Jarvis: Pangaea
    MasterBoo: Abyssia
    Nullkigan: T'ien Ch'i
    riadsala: Jotunheim
    Sarigs: C'tis

Good luck to everyone! Have a great game. ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    Cool, thanks to random draft by die roll, the faction picks for the "rookie game" (not sure what else to call it... Nullkigan's game? Sarigs' game?) are as follows:

groovychainsaw: Arcoscephale
    Jarvis: Pangaea
    MasterBoo: Abyssia
    Nullkigan: T'ien Ch'i
    riadsala: Jotunheim
    Sarigs: C'tis

Good luck to everyone! Have a great game. ;)

Should we set up a seperate thread?

Does underwater combat work differently?
    I know it affects archery and movement, but are there any other differences?
    For example; how the hell did I only petrify 2 of your guys VV? I had Terror 10 too, but that didn't seem to do anything. High morale counters?
    On the other hand, I am now a member of the exclusive Dead Pretenders Club. Yay.

Underwatercombat is a lot more exhausting. I think it goes Aquarian troops > Amphibian Troops > Poor Amphibian Troops for endurance costs under water.

I hadn't had a look yet, but I assume that you hit full exhaustion very quickly, at which point you become utterly helpless.

Oceania's strength are my very powerful underwater troops. It's the land expansion I am struggling with big time! Terror 10, if I remember correctly, only enforces the difficulty of all moral rolls, which apparently you did not cause (the first moral roll happens when 75% of a unit are wounded or slain, I believe).

I don't think it's because of exhaustion since I had rejuvenation, and after some decent spells fatigue was only 34.
    I think Petrify is a chance to insta-kill an attacker. The description certainly sounds like that. I guess I got really unlucky about that, since I've seen it kill about 10 guys a turn.
    Your explanation of Fear(misremembered the name) makes sense though.
    And here I was, looking forward to getting some water gem income. I should have tried an independent province first :/

Petrify can be resisted with MR, and my underwater troops are ACE (unlike my surface PD, which are not even remotely ace).

Tonight, I'll have another look at the battle to see what actually killed her. You can rightclick her all the time to check her current fatigue.

Well, I'm officially out. Please do PM me links to any blogs on the go, I'm keen to read them.

Good luck to all still battling on, I'll be watching with great interest.

That sucks, J.B. Who do I get to forge things for me now? :(

Anyway! I had a look at what killed your Medusa, and you ran into a group of Alicorns. Alicornriders have magical weapons and very high attack rating. Also, one of my shark knights got a bite in before you got your protection up.

You did petrify quite a few of mine, but I do have Gift of Health up and you've been in my dominion. :)

Ah, magical weapons explain why she got skewered so fast. Forgot about dominion too.
    This is what happens when you've had no resistance with your SC all game, you get careless and they die :(
    Also, Gorgon, not Medusa(Although she was a gorgon(Yeah, I'm a grammar-nazi)).