Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    That sucks, J.B. Who do I get to forge things for me now? :(
    You'll have to make your own wonderful toys now, I'm afraid. Thanks to those of you who bought my products anyway =)

Also, I haven't had any PMs with blog details yet. Come on, you slackers!

Well, mine is text-only. I'll put the images in once the game is over. Dunno how entertaining it is without screens, but if you want I can send you the link.

I don't mind waiting really, I'm sure it will be more fun with the pics!

Obscure Node
    I'm curious, how many interested parties would there be if I were to host a game. I'm envisioning using the latest version of the CBM mod, middle ages, 48 hour timer, and for players who consider themselves somewhat skilled (as in, have played once or twice before). Complete newbies would be welcome too, but with the understanding that other players aren't necessarily newbies themselves.

Just want to sound out the interest level before I commit to anything.

@Bramble

I wouldn't mind jumping into another game.

Obscure Node
    Great, any more interest? I notice that Solium Infernum seems much more popular than Dominions around here, just the opposite of some other PC gaming communities!

Solium's cheaper, newer, prettier and more accessible. Which, looking at Solium itself, is no kind of amazing. Solium's also popular here because of the game diary; I imagine a Dom3 one on the front page would double the total sales of the game to date and unearth a load more players.

I'm still in the first few turns of my first ever multiplayer game so I can't commit to another just yet, sorry.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I love Dominions, badly, but my work-life and mental sanity barely keeps me in our 1/week game. There is no way I could commit to a 1/48h game without dropping out after ten turns.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    I'm curious, how many interested parties would there be if I were to host a game. I'm envisioning using the latest version of the CBM mod, middle ages, 48 hour timer, and for players who consider themselves somewhat skilled (as in, have played once or twice before). Complete newbies would be welcome too, but with the understanding that other players aren't necessarily newbies themselves.

Just want to sound out the interest level before I commit to anything.
    How complicate is modding? I'm running vanilla atm and have two on-going games using the same.....

Lesser Hivemind Node
    also, what does the mod do? I assume it doesn't improve the interface :-(

The Conceptual Balance Mod changes point costs and abilities of various units; mostly it means that the Prince of Death chassis isn't a no-brainer during pretender creation by e.g. giving white bulls more hp and a gemgen attribute, etc etc etc. It's quite easy to install a mod, you just drop it in the /mods folder and enable it in the options menu, but if you try to connect to/process a game without the mod when the mod is enabled (or vice versa) bad stuff happens.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    The Conceptual Balance Mod changes point costs and abilities of various units; mostly it means that the Prince of Death chassis isn't a no-brainer during pretender creation by e.g. giving white bulls more hp and a gemgen attribute, etc etc etc. It's quite easy to install a mod, you just drop it in the /mods folder and enable it in the options menu, but if you try to connect to/process a game without the mod when the mod is enabled (or vice versa) bad stuff happens.
    That sounds good. One of the disappoint aspects of Dom3 is that while there is loads of "stuff" a lot of the options don't appear to be useful.

I genuinely dislike the balance mod. There is a lot of stuff that seems useless - until you had it used against you. A white bull with even more hp and gemgeneration is a no-brainer, really. :/
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

I have no idea if it actually does that, but honestly a white bull is a lot less viable than a prince of death, cyclops, crone or master lich the base game will generally see people resort to.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I genuinely dislike the balance mod. There is a lot of stuff that seems useless - until you had it used against you. A white bull with even more hp and gemgeneration is a no-brainer, really. :/
    Ok then, could you let me know what use the Jot' moose riders are? Sure, they're cool, but why would I ever recruit them?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    Ok then, could you let me know what use the Jot' moose riders are? Sure, they're cool, but why would I ever recruit them?
    That one :-)

Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    Because you have Gift of Health active which multiplies a unit's base hitpoints, as well as that cheap thauma or alteration spell that increases attack for your army, at which point you have a group of near supercombatants dealing a billion ton of damage due to their multi-attack and having the hitpoints to just not give a care.

Also, they look cool. ;)

I like the imbalance between the current nations. It adds flavour, but I've always been more a style over substance player. :)

I would be interested in a game, not sure I fall under the category of 'slightly skilled' but I have played some SP games and read the one Dominions 3 entry in the LP archive so I at least have an idea of what I wish I was accomplishing.

Traitorous Ermor! You will NEVER know peace and prosperity of the Ocean's gentle shores again!

Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    I would be interested in a game, not sure I fall under the category of 'slightly skilled' but I have played some SP games and read the one Dominions 3 entry in the LP archive so I at least have an idea of what I wish I was accomplishing.
    I have this odd feeling that I won't be in the Game Of Noobs game for much longer. There are several tall and angry men who wish to have a word with me.