Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

A good campaign of misinformation never hurt anyone. Much.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Network Hub
    I'm super interested in Dominions and I really look forward to your diary entries, guys! Any suggestions on good AARs that I can read to tide me over? Seems to be a big section on the main website but they have lots of dropouts and false starts. Do any of you have any favorites?

This was my introduction to Dominions 3. it covers a lot of the game, is quite informative and usually explains what's going on. It's fairly long though.

I am waiting for the next turn to publish the first year diary (secretly, I changed the domain name). If there are interested readers, please send me a private message :)
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Network Hub
    Thanks, Zyrden! I work at a library so I actually have a load of time to read stuff like this. I've powered though most of the best Dwarf Fortress succession forts already.

Here's an interesting question: Can hidden/sneaking prophets spread dominion in enemy territory while remaining hidden?

Yes. It can be a great tactic for finishing off people.

E: Though you'll rarely overcome the pretender's own dominon spread, which is equivalent to three temples/priests.

WHY DO I KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THIS GAME I DON'T EVEN OWN? (LPs like the one Zyrden linked, that's why :()
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    Here's an interesting question: Can hidden/sneaking prophets spread dominion in enemy territory while remaining hidden?
    This is often a key part of my strategy =)

BTW, did you disable score graphs? I can't really find any other reason why it's still unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrden View Post
    BTW, did you disable score graphs? I can't really find any other reason why it's still unavailable.
    I believe they were disabled, yes. Makes it less likely that the person in the lead gets ganged up on and makes intel-gathering more important.

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    I believe they were disabled, yes. Makes it less likely that the person in the lead gets ganged up on and makes intel-gathering more important.
    J.B.'s hit it right on the head.

Alright, makes it more fair. I like it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Alright, makes it more fair. I like it.
    Also makes it harder for newer players though. I find keeping track of my own Empire difficult enough without trying to keep tabs on everybody else. And, with the graphs off, I can't compare my progress to get an idea of how well I'm doing.

Ah well. Ignorance is bliss. We will drink our Emorian wine and watch the gladiators spar.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The OSS (the Oceanic Secret Service) is happy to sell all kinds of information. Our motto is "Just add a drop of water, and the Ocean will follow."

So, Nullkigan, why don't you own the game yet? There's another sale at Shrapnel for a few $ off (though I agree that they're by far the most expensive "indie" publisher out there).
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

I raise a toast for the ending of the first year. May I crush you all in the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    The OSS (the Oceanic Secret Service) is happy to sell all kinds of information.
    On a similar note, Wayland is quite the smith. If there's a specific magic item (or type of magic item) you're after, do send us a missive. Payment accepted in cash or magic gems. Our motto is "Send us bags of cash and we'll make a magic item for you."

Ugh, just finished my writeup for the first 10 turns. 10 turns isn't that long right?
    4 hours and 11 pages later, yes, yes it is that long.
    And I still haven't added screens.

=O

Now I'm *really* feeling nervous about writing my notes up!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ugh, just finished my writeup for the first 10 turns. 10 turns isn't that long right?
    4 hours and 11 pages later, yes, yes it is that long.
    And I still haven't added screens.

good work sir!

if you're happy to wait, I would be more than happy to host your AAR on the little blog i've set up for such stuff. I'm making a blog post per turn, and I'd like to interleave other points of view throughout it.

Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    Also makes it harder for newer players though. I find keeping track of my own Empire difficult enough without trying to keep tabs on everybody else. And, with the graphs off, I can't compare my progress to get an idea of how well I'm doing.
    Sorry, I probably should have consulted with everyone about the decision to have the graphs off. I made an executive call because I was generating the maps at the same time that I was setting up the game, so it was a lot easier to just punch in all the factions and pretenders and set up the game options at the same time. I can't stand to play with graphs on anymore, but considering how many new players we have, perhaps I should have left them on. Sorry if that bugs anyone.

Also, I've been writing up the game as we go as well. Every 3 turns (a game season) I've been doing a writeup. Over three posts so far, I've accumulated maybe 2100 words. I'm happy with whatever we decide for accumulating the AARs -- I can host it on the blog I've put together, or someone else can.