Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominions 3

Ah I guess its just me writing a lot then, since I'm at 4200 words and 23726 signs with spaces. Always been a fan of stats in documents.
    I'll probably start doing it every 5 turns instead though, this is a little too much at once.
    Doesn't really matter to me where it's hosted, but it's nice to know that I don't have look for a place.

I have 2000 words (including the introduction). Although I'm trying to write things in a summarized and funny way so I won't weary the readers with intensive details of every turn.

EDIT: Oh god. Remind me not to attack Lion Tribe protected provinces again. "only 20. easy". God.
    Last edited by MasterBoo; 27-09-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    Sorry, I probably should have consulted with everyone about the decision to have the graphs off. I made an executive call because I was generating the maps at the same time that I was setting up the game, so it was a lot easier to just punch in all the factions and pretenders and set up the game options at the same time. I can't stand to play with graphs on anymore, but considering how many new players we have, perhaps I should have left them on. Sorry if that bugs anyone.
    Ah, not to worry. Maybe we could have them on next game though? It would be useful to get a better idea of how well i'm doing compared to others, and how quickly I start falling behind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    A single perfect tear ran from the Captain's eye. The Queen was still silent, but he could feel her sorrow as invading armies entered the coastal woods, nearly as beautiful as the Kelp Forrests below.

War. War is is inevitable, and it saddened the Captain to water the forests with salt and blood, for many of the wondrous creatures in this unknown realm would perish in the battle, just as the enemy would.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

So I guess you attacked Ermor? Poor riadsala :P.

I have a feeling that right about now there's going to be a whole lot of blood starting to be spilled.

Cry havoc, etc

You're doing fine, riadsala. :)

I definitely recommend building cheap scouts to send out. You should have a province or two that build really cheap scouts.

And yeah, I think we're about to enter the interesting phase of the game soon! Let's see how long it takes to get thrown back into the sea. My armies are so unbelievably slow and squishy on land...
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post

sigh. and I was enjoying the game too.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    This information is available for Gold or magical items.

Sincerely yours,
    - the OSS

Hmm... How long it usually takes to "Call God"? :S

Sounds like a supercombatant got hit by a lucky arrow?

Recalling a god is, iirc, 40 priest levels. So 40 turns with a single level 1 priest or 4 turns with 4 level 3s. Sleeping gods wake up 10-14 turns after the start of the game and imprisoned ones break free at 20-28 turns.

£30 is still too expensive when the best bit is reading AARs :(
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Nullkigan's encyclopedic knowledge of the game is correct.

You need an accumulated 40 priest levels, at the end of which your God will pop back into existence in your home province with -1 magic paths and potentially some perma damage. Your blessing level will not be affected though (you're not losing bless-effects based on any reduction of magic paths).

If your home province is besieged or conquered, he'll pop into existence outside the castle gates and start attacking the besiegers, so that's a thing to potentially keep in mind.

Oh crap. Well that's disappointing :P.

Can I "Call God" by different priests in different provinces to accumulate the effect?

Yeah, the more priests you've got working on this, the better. The effect is cumulative over all turns and all priests.

I haven't used Call God in a long time (I prefer immortal or stationary pretenders or at least pick my battles very, very carefully), but I think they don't switch back automagically after being done with the calling.

I fought 20 Lion Tribesmen. They surrounded him instead of being trampled normally. 270 HP in a turn and he's dead. They looked squishy to me, especially after I managed to take down 60 barbarians with my pretender alone earlier.

Ah, terrible luck. Sorry to hear about that large of a setback. The Dom3 combat system allows for stuff like that to happen though. For instance, a peasant can slay a dragon -- it's just very, very unlikely.

Basically, it uses an "open-ended" 2d6 roll. If either of the dice rolled result in a 6, then one is subtracted and the die is rolled again, with the new number added to the first. If the new number is 6, it continues on.

Sorry your god got taken down like that. It sure is dramatic though!

You usually see super high levels of damage when unconcious. Fatigue is the biggest problem for many supercombatants, as soon as you run out (for example, by defending against two dozen attacks in one turn whilst wearing heavy armour) you lose all defences and damage skyrockets.

There was an interesting derail in one of the current SA Let's Play Dom 3 threads (Pantokrator, by Gabriel Pope I think) about whether or not the random number generator is actually truly random. Offhand, it has a slight tendancy to repeat (long) patterns and is incapable of having 30+ sixes be rolled in succession no matter how many goes you let it have?
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Is there a way to see the stats of units I do not own (but currently in the province they occupy) without having to look at the manual?

You mean indies that you can recruit? Or indies/enemies in a neighbouring province?

If it's indies you can recruit, just open the "Recruit Units" screen and right-click on the unit you want details on.

Otherwise, I don't think so, no. Could be wrong though!

Indies/enemies I can't recruit.

Just watched the battle animation again. What happened is that their commander casted "Sleep Touch" and my Bull just went to sleep with 126 fatigue. >tuck< >tuck< and he's dead.