Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anyone up for an old fashioned CTA?

I was thinking Sunday 9th?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ho ho, well, why not. I wouldn't mind, should be a bit less hassle the fourth time around, one would think, right? Right?!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Let the hunt begin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I'd personally wait until after the NVIDIA patch for graphics black outs.

Network Hub
    Well up for. Can we get all 500 giraffes into the cave at the top of Skullfuck Mountain?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Better warn our honorable opponents that we now have a crack team of highly trained giraffes who eat bad organisation for breakfast and shit out lasers. Also yesss!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Jim's back! Hurrah! And yes, that would be awesome.
    Also, here's what I think we can do to make this even better than previous ones:
    * Get TVA involved - our enemies will know about this and without alliance support we could easily get farmed pretty hard. Bring our own allies and we'll have a MASSIVE sci-fi bust up. Which brings me to point #2...

* Consider timing carefully and tell SOE - if this gets as many people showing up as previous ones then I think the increased alliance cooperation currently happening on Miller will have a multiplier effect. That's going to mean lots of people online. If there's anything SOE can do to stop the servers melting on that day it would be nice if they did it (even if it just means they avoid doing a last minute hot fix on that day).

* Get more squad leaders - [RPS] seems to be less active than this time last year and we've seen a fair turnover of regulars. We struggled in our heyday to have enough squad leads so perhaps this time around we have a leadership bootcamp in which we ensure that all the regulars are willing and able to at least be a beacon monkey. At the moment there seems to be a lot of fear of leadership which I think is borne of uncertainty. If people realise that it's not that bad they'd probably be more willing to do so. That will be helpful when we're herding 8 platoons of giraffes around.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    * Get more squad leaders - [RPS] seems to be less active than this time last year and we've seen a fair turnover of regulars. We struggled in our heyday to have enough squad leads so perhaps this time around we have a leadership bootcamp in which we ensure that all the regulars are willing and able to at least be a beacon monkey. At the moment there seems to be a lot of fear of leadership which I think is borne of uncertainty. If people realise that it's not that bad they'd probably be more willing to do so. That will be helpful when we're herding 8 platoons of giraffes around.
    On this note, would it not be a good idea to do this as a joint thing between RPS and RTRS? Either have RTRS do a NC side of the call to arms, and have us meet up for awesome fights, or have them use VS alts and join either as squad leads or "experienced members" to help those who are new to the game. Of course, completely depending on what they prefer. Dom, I know you and the rest enjoys hunting us down, but it would probably be just as fun to join in on the madness.

Depending on the time and other circumstances, I'll be there on sunday.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    On this note, would it not be a good idea to do this as a joint thing between RPS and RTRS?
    I would say send a request or a distress call to the leadership of RTRS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    I was thinking Sunday 9th?
    Yes/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I can lead a squad on Sunday.

I should be able to SL on Sunday, lets go vastly outpop someone!

Im up for SLing, too.

We proably should hand out a recruitment link somewhere, gets new players the SV - 88 and an EXP-bost.
    Also I wonder if we could get SOE to make the new player questionair give out giraffe camo on that day ?
    I mean it doesnt really matter what free camo new players get, right ?

I am emailing the usual suspects at Pro7 right now. I'll see if I can work something out.
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Should mention that we're post-performance update when we pitch this. People who couldn't play before might do better this time.

Sunday could be interesting in terms of leadership - tends to be a quiet time. I can probably manage it this weekend though.

Also Jim - we're (24 members of the RPS Planetside community) taking part in a competetive match err, sometime in March? Worth coverage at all?

Oh, direct comms should scale for this very well, btw. I may need to go and make a few more channels though (and the ever present decision on channel sizes)

(Don't take it the wrong way but) SOE won't do anything, don't even bother. Take it from me. Unless you have a good contact within the team itself they only start rolling over for the bigger community sized events and even that's after a lot of nagging and waving flags at them.

Pro7 are much better shout considering Dewi already has contacts and has successful event history with them. Similarly to SOE though - they would need a reason for doing so I think, without a wide field of community participants to benefit/promote the game (no idea how many people will turn up) or the odd chance for a competition or two they might not have enough reason to get involved. Also it would just be an RPS ops night if you think about it, and not a big community scale event. The selling point would be the numbers we would be introducing back/to the game for the first time. Which might just be enough, who knows, hopefully Pro7 or SOE will because if they did, it would be pretty awesome.

Can PL or SL for this and also agree with Wally about the precautions, having people step up do SL and involving TVA somehow. Cooper, fancy shaking some trees about it on the TVA forums with me? Stir up the beast from its mild slumber.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 03-03-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Any chnace of this being delayed by one week. would certainly help me on my side of things (SOE/Pro7)
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Obscure Node
    I would be delighted if another CTA happened. (Even if I can't attend on the 9th :'(). If the date was somehow changed, I'd also be up for SL-ing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Not sure what we would gain from getting either SOE or Pro7 involved. If the point of a CTA is to introduce new RPS players to the joys of large scale Planetside, shouldn't we avoid advertising to mean spirited trolls (ie the rest of the PS2 userbase) as much as possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Maybe we should a run a dedicated disco squad to give it some bling
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-