Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Solium Infernum: Rise of the Newbie Demons

A thread for the Solium Infernum game involving baboonanza, desvergeh, Ian, Jolima, Kelron and Zapatistas.

Well, we're not ALL new at this. But we have some new-to-the-game folk and I'm so inexperienced I might as well be and the title feels fitting. :D Of course by "rise of the newbie demons" I may mean "the crushing of the newbie demons under the heels of their superiors." We'll see!

Anyway, with regards to this question:

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    Oh yes.

Who's doing the hosting?
    The half-game I've played didn't use Dropbox so I'm not sure what needs setting up there and I'm not back home to investigate until this evening, so if one of our more experienced players knows how that works and has the time to set up and host during the day then that'd seem sensible.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

At work all day, so probably won't have time to investigate dropbox. Only used it, not set anything up on it before, but I think it is pretty straightforward.

Cheers for setting this up. I will probably try some "alternative" tactics I have experimenting with. Not that I'm an expert by any means, yet to win a game (usually end up second).

Des.

Network Hub
    It's really easy to setup. You can do it from the DropBox web interface: just click on 'Share Folder', or from Windows: right click on a folder ans select 'share folder' (if I remember correctly).

I'm happy to set-up DropBox if everyone PMs me their email address. I guess I could host too, but having never done it before I can't guarantee it will go smoothly :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I've hosted games before but I'd rather not right now. Hosting is fairly simple though, especially with Dropbox. There's full details of the procedure in the manual

Just a post here because I enjoy transgressing peoples private conversations.

Sendspace is an alternative to Dropbox I use sometimes. Its web based and gives you a link to the download file. Simple as email really.

I would like to dip my toe into the multi-player SI at some point, so maybe I'll join the next game... or the one after.
    Last edited by golden_worm; 08-09-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: I thought you could save files on the forum.I was wrong. only pictures can be uploaded. :( Maybe sendspace?

Drop a line in here, golden_worm:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...iplayer-thread

(Just in case you didn't see it already.)

See if you can't pique interest in another game. :)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golden_worm View Post
    Just a post here because I enjoy transgressing peoples private conversations.

Sendspace is an alternative to Dropbox I use sometimes. Its web based and gives you a link to the download file. Simple as email really.

I would like to dip my toe into the multi-player SI at some point, so maybe I'll join the next game... or the one after.
    Advantage of Dropbox is that you can download their software to use it in a standard Windows interface. I put a shortcut to the Dropbox folder and save folder for any active games on my desktop and I can just drag the file across each turn.

Obscure Node
    so safe to assume baboonanza is hosting? I'll send a PM with my email now

Network Hub
    Looks like I am definitely hosting then. Just waiting for Ian's and Jolima's email addies. I'll drop then both a PM.

Sent, baboonanza. :)

I believe I have Dropbox on my laptop so that'll be easy enough to sort out once I'm home along with anything else.

There will be much hasty re-reading of the manual, I feel. :D

Network Hub
    And the game is go. Well, as long as I haven't coked anything up anyway.

Got yer e-mails, bab.

I shall atend to this as soon as I return from work this evening.

Let the vile behaviour begin!

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    And the game is go. Well, as long as I haven't coked anything up anyway.
    Playing whilst under the influence might reduce your chances! Well at least I can guess your private objective now ;)

Invite accepted, avatar file submitted. Let's see if I can make it past turn 3 this time!

Turn 3!?

(Sorting myself out and joining the game etc. now, will update when I'm done.)

Right, that should be my turn in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Turn 3!?

(Sorting myself out and joining the game etc. now, will update when I'm done.)
    I was immediately excommunicated, whilst player with most powerful starting legion was 2 hexes away from my stronghold.

Oh, you attacked the central demon-house thing? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Oh, you attacked the central demon-house thing? :D
    No, there is an event card that someone played on me. Players vote to excommunicate target player or not, they said yes. Bastards! ;)

That even targets a random player, then everyone votes :P
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?