Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Obscure Node

Better late than never?

Sorry guys. I had a terrible time trying to get Windows back onto my new computer (suffice it to say, I spent a lot of hours with a lot of flash drives without ever successfully installing windows from one of them via bootcamp)

Either way, I just put my last turn up if we'd like to see how this one turns out. Sorry again for ruining the flow of this game; it was a great time.

Network Hub
    No worries Zap, just glad your back.

It turns out that both my home machine and my work machine somehow had corrupted installs of SI as neither would let me click end turn in this game (and only in this game!). A clean install on a new machine fixed!

And so finally the next turn is ready! And some annoying twat is stealing all my stuff!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapatistas View Post
    Sorry guys. I had a terrible time trying to get Windows back onto my new computer (suffice it to say, I spent a lot of hours with a lot of flash drives without ever successfully installing windows from one of them via bootcamp)

Either way, I just put my last turn up if we'd like to see how this one turns out. Sorry again for ruining the flow of this game; it was a great time.
    Sorry for trying to have you turned into a mindless robot! Glad we can get the game finished now.

Oh, I don't think Dropbox told me there'd been updates. Sorry! Will get my turn in tonight.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Everyone's turn is in, btw.

Network Hub
    Sorry, I was away for a while. Normal service has now been resumed.

Network Hub
    Can we finish this game please? We're SO CLOSE!

Network Hub
    I've converted the missing player to AI (I think it was Desvergeh who hasn't done anything all game anyway).

I wish the conclave would just draw the last damn token already!

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    I've converted the missing player to AI (I think it was Desvergeh who hasn't done anything all game anyway).

I wish the conclave would just draw the last damn token already!
    It shouldn't be me.

Despite my in-game position being less than optimal, I have kept an eye on things so as not to slow the game down. Not fair to hobble the game just because I am losing.

Edit - My turns are tagged as sxk634.trn, and they are in there.
    Last edited by desvergeh; 16-03-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added information

Network Hub
    Sorry for the false accusation then!

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    Sorry for the false accusation then!
    Not a big deal :)

Just wouldn't let my poor in-game performance impact upon the other players.

Network Hub
    New turn up. This game just won't finish!

Everyone's turn is in, let's hope this is the last.

Network Hub
    Cheers for the heads up.

Game is OVER and Kelron smashed it! I would post an image but the forum software seems designed to make this incredibly painful so here is an Imageshack link:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/newbies.png/

Thanks to everyone for playing. It's just a shame it dragged on so long but I enjoyed it anyway!

That's an impressive win!

I was utterly woeful. I think losing that place of power nobbled what little chance I had of enacting my "turtle for a while and then do shit at the end" plan because that relied on me getting a steady drip of prestige.

I did pilfer a pleasing amount og stuff though, so that's good.

Well played to everyone, Kelron in particular obviously.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I was utterly woeful. I think losing that place of power nobbled what little chance I had of enacting my "turtle for a while and then do shit at the end" plan because that relied on me getting a steady drip of prestige.

I did pilfer a pleasing amount og stuff though, so that's good.

Well played to everyone, Kelron in particular obviously.
    I've got a similar problem in a different game and I'm hoping I can buy some +prestige relics. Otherwise as you say I am screwed.

I think drawing that infernal census event secured the game for me, though I expected it to be closer (didn't know Zhol'ma and Arsene were both sitting on a pile of failed objectives). Before that I was really hanging by a thread, I'd stacked up a nice pile of resources by around turn 20 ready to spend them on raising attributes, then had my vault emptied over the course of the next 6 turns (I still want to know who did that). I also lost my important praetors and artifacts to a combination of further theft, bad luck and overconfidence, so I had no way of fighting back if anyone had attacked me.

Incidentally I honestly can't remember who I stole stuff from. So if it was me, sorry!

There were some points in the game (again, problems caused by my strategy) where I couldn't get certain resources for love nor money so attempts to tool myself up a bit were hindered for big chunks of turns at a time.