Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Obscure Node
    Does Endless Legend have a non-military path to victory (i.e. cultural, scientific etc.)? Or is it only about military conquest?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by levictus View Post
    Does Endless Legend have a non-military path to victory (i.e. cultural, scientific etc.)? Or is it only about military conquest?
    The new victory conditions as of the patch before last are science, economy, expansion, annihilation, diplomacy

I don't know if they are working or not. Its still unfinished in that regard.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    The new victory conditions as of the patch before last are science, economy, expansion, annihilation, diplomacy

I don't know if they are working or not. Its still unfinished in that regard.
    I lost to an economic victory recently, so I'd say it works.

Obscure Node
    Hello, is there by any chance a 4x space game or mod taking place in Frank Herbert's Dune universe ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevildo View Post
    Hello, is there by any chance a 4x space game or mod taking place in Frank Herbert's Dune universe ?
    There's a well respected Civ:IV mod for Dune. I haven't played it myself, but some of the other Civ:IV mods have been excellent

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    So what's the 4X crowd playing these days?
    Glad you asked.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

My campaign of terror against the Spanish was interrupted by a peace treaty signed by the British, as Soon as the Spaniards are at war with someone I'll be there.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    so i bought AOW3, really really like it, its currently my main game. Its funny AOW3 and HOMM6 and FELH look simmilar games on paper, but AOW3 really hits both that "one more turn" factor of CIV and the "always something to do" feel of the older bettedr HOMM games.

Not sure its a 4x though, its more of a 3 and a bit X, definitely pointless going for anything diplomatic, its a kill them all game. really needs a fantasy equivalent to civ 5s science and economy victories.

whats good is you can really tinker with the map generation, game flow and starting settings, which lets you make the game play in range from something like a turn based warcraft 3 to something like a fantasy civ 3.

Whats also good is the tactical battles, theres a lot more going on with certain troops countering others, hero abilities, use of battlefield etc.. these guys could make an awesome warhammer type game JUST based around the tactical battles.

Network Hub
    Yeah AoW3 is great. It's combat focused, its not CiV. Love the tactical battles, music, visuals, fantasy feel, the classes, upgrades and the interface. Great fun.