Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Town of Salem - Stand-alone Werewolf/Mafia video game

Hey guys, my buddy and I made an indie game based off of the party games Mafia/Werewolf. If you like those games or are into murder mysteries, I think you'll like it. We are looking to get feedback about the game and to get people to try it out :). There is a little blurb below to tell you more about the game.

Play the alpha version at:
    http://www.blankmediagames.com/townofsalem

Support our Kickstarter!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-browser-game

Town of Salem is a fresh innovation on the classic party games Mafia and Werewolf. It is a game of murder, accusations, deceit and mob hysteria. Town of Salem takes place in the era of the Salem witch trials in an alternate universe version of Salem, MA.

How To Play

The game ranges from 7 to 15 players. These players are randomly divided into alignments - Town, Mafia, Serial Killers, Arsonists and Neutrals. If you are a Town member (the good guys) you must track down the Mafia and other villains before they kill you. The catch? You don't know who is a Town member and who is a villain. If you are an evil role, such as a Serial Killer, you secretly murder town members in the veil of night and try to avoid getting caught.

How Much Does It Cost?

Free! Town of Salem is a free to play game and will be free forever.

Let us know what you think!

Funding update:
    We are at 31% funded! The $50 early bird specials sold out very quickly so we added 25 more of them. With a $50 donation you will unlock all of the cosmetic effects for life, you won't need to pay for anything in the game ever. The game is free to play but the shop sells things like new houses, character skins, pets and other cosmetic effects.

Continue-play wrote an article about us. http://www.continue-play.com/news/to...n-kickstarter/

We are working on our own login system so you don't have to use Facebook. Also, we are talking to some pretty cool YouTubers that are gonna be making Let's Plays with us. They have over 200k combined subscribers so I think that will bring in some traffic :)

We have gotten some great reviews/let's plays from some big names on the youtubes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...SndvoT8Anc#t=5

Network Hub
    Game is finally gaining traction, about bloody time...
    Anyways GL with the kickstarter, this game needs to grow and become the best Mafia it can possibly be.

450 concurrent users I checked last time.

We have grown our user base by 10 fold in the past few days thanks to the youtubers and streamers. We haven't dropped below 200 users since then, even in the wee hours of the morning. :D

Network Hub
    I got the following message when trying to play.
    Error connecting to server.
    Please try again later.
    First thing that comes to mind is game broke down.
    Might want to modify that message to something more in the lines of:

Error connecting to server.
    Please try again later.

Game is currently undergoing maintenance and will be back shorty.

True. That would probably be a nicer message. The servers were down from 4 to 4:30am CST while we were upgrading our server. Things should be good now :)

Since they were so popular, we just added 50 more $50 special tier rewards! They will go fast so get 'em while you can.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-browser-game

We just released a big update that contains our new login system! So if you didn't want to play using Facebook you don't have to anymore! :D

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankMediaGames View Post
    We just released a big update that contains our new login system! So if you didn't want to play using Facebook you don't have to anymore! :D
    I'll test it out quick.
    update: I get an endless loading cursor, but I've registered prior on to the forums.
    update2: Looks like in my case, I have to hit the login button twice else nothing happens.
    Last edited by hideinlight; 10-03-2014 at 04:29 PM.

That is interesting.. hitting it twice lets you login though?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankMediaGames View Post
    That is interesting.. hitting it twice lets you login though?
    Yup, but don't know if it's just on my side. I use some kind of flash block to stop the auto play of youtube videos with firefox.
    So it might be unique to my set up, haven't seen anyone else complain about it yet.

We are gonna be doing alot of compatibility testing when we get into beta so that will be fixed soon.

We have had an awesome week so far. We are now at 71% funded. We got discovered by some pretty big YouTubers including Minx and we pushed our new login system which now has 7000 registrations. In fact, we have gotten so big that Meg Turney (cosplayer, host at SourceFed) started playing our game. She is raving about it on her twitter and has said SourceFedNERD will be covering it in an upcoming indie-cent gaming video. :D

We just hit 92% funded with 4 days left. We are working on a complete front end UI rework that should be pretty awesome for everyone :) If you haven't tried the game, try it out and let me know what you think of it. I am always interested in hearing the perspective of new players.

Network Hub
    Congratulations.

Thanks man! We just reached 103% funded :D

We will be doing a lot of awesome stuff in the coming weeks, including our video with Meg Turney, so stay tuned :)

We just put up a new stretch goal to immortalize the YouTubers (Minx, LordMinion, OhmWrecker, Meg Turney, EntoanThePack, TheTeshTube, dlive22891, Deafinition) who helped us out when we were just a starting out. They will all be getting in-game characters.
    Check it out here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e/posts/781448