Thief 1 Retrospective with Twitch Footage on geekcynic.com

We just posted a bit in celebration of the original Thief, along with my clumsy Twitchstream playthrough of the wonderful first mission. Hope you read and enjoy!

http://www.geekcynic.com/thief-dark-...ions/#more-795

bitterscynic

Had fun posting and writing about this and I kind of want to do a few more on some of the more choice levels in the game. Is that something people would enjoy reading? Thanks for the feedback to all who have provided.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Man you must be reading my mind. I just reinstalled Thief Gold with the new HD texture pack the other night. I was testing it out, and while swimming through the sewers at the beginning of the first mission, I was surprised how it still felt just as amazing as playing it my first time all those years ago. Off to watch your vids now...
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Thanks for reading! I think now I'll have to post more on more of the missions. It's probably my pick for greatest game ever made - perhaps even more so than the arguably better-designed sequel. The game deserves an entire blog of it's own, but the least I can do is devote another article or two to some of the better missions.

Glad you enjoyed!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I actually started an Expert playthrough of the game last year, but I forgot to grab my save files before I rebuilt my rig and wiped my SSD. That's ok though, just means I get to play it again. I was at the Thieve's Guild level when I left off. It all holds up extremely well. The Bonehoard still made me jump a couple times.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Bonehoard is definitely going to be the next one I post. Everyone always talks about the Ghosts and the Cathedral. I dunno if it's the claustrophobia of being that far underground, but Bonehoard and Burricks always freak me out way more than anything else. I just have to try my best not to play through like a scared little girl if it goes up on Twitch. Stay tuned for that and my summary, though.

Took a bit of time, but I finally got to writing up a playthrough of Down in the Bonehoard.

Check it out here at geekcynic.com - http://www.geekcynic.com/thief-missi...ugh/#more-1034

I tried to break it up into smaller video segments so each could be discussed in more detail. Enjoy and let meknow what you think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think you nailed the format this time with the smaller videos. The writing was fantastic too. Well done. Great piece on a great level. I think the thing that stands out to me the most about the Bonehoard is the audio. That constant, eerie wailing was just so great.

Really appreciate the feedback, db1331. Thanks, in particular, for your comments on the writing. Glad you enjoyed the post!