BFF Or Die. A co-operative multiplayer.

I'm an indie dev from London and this thread is a dev log for a new game we are working on called BFF Or Die. There are 3 of us in the team.

It's an action-puzzler for 2-4 players. 1 player mode coming soon! Multiplayer games are the best! In BFF or Die the players rely on each other for survival. You play as a team and need to decide on your strategy together. I've been taking it to gaming events and player reactions have been great. You can see in the videos below. People are having a lot of fun and really getting into the co-op aspect.

Download the demo for PC, Mac or Linux: http://honey-tribe-studios.itch.io/b...e-early-access

splash_640x260_2.jpg

Latest Video

Saturday at i53, Insomnia Gaming Festival.

______
    Dev Video Diary 001: Early gameplay (no graphics)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-UeFmBxLQ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HoneyTribeShaz; 15-12-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: new vid

Here's the 2nd dev diary video of our co-op stealth game BFF Or Die. We took the game to a gaming event in London called MultiClash at Scenario Bar.

It was great to see people reacting to the game. The design goal is to have people enjoy playing as a team, to communicate a lot and have fun winning together. So it definitely seems to be working out. There are 3 of us making this game and it's great motivation to see people who have never played the game before having fun with it even though it's an early build.

In the first part of the video you see people playing it. After that I show some screen capture footage so you can see the new gameplay elements and graphics up close.

Here's a new update video. We had some useful feedback from watching peeps play at MultiClash a couple weeks ago and listening to their opinions. So we now have simplified buttons, better controls, control pad support, a new monster type, more scenery art and a new way of completing the level.

Our artist Alex has now started working on the characters. He drew 34 sketches of character ideas and we picked our favorite five. Here's a preview of one of them. The full 3D model should be in the game soon!

As you can see we are having aliens as our central characters. They are time-travelers and were sent to Earth on a mission... but more on the story later :)

4 player Mode! New Video.

We're making good progress! We now have 2, 3 and 4 player modes working. I took the game to a couple of London gaming events to see how people would react to the party mode aspect. It's going really well, you can see in the vid that people are having a lot of fun. We still have a lot of temporary graphics but the gameplay is moving along nicely.

Dev Video Diary 004: 4-Player Mode!

Update 006: Radius Festival

Update 006: Radius Festival

I took the latest build of BFF or Die to Radius Festival in London. It went really well. People were having fun and enjoying the collaborative aspect with a lot of strategy discussion being vocalized as they played. Actually, most teams were a bit too good now that the difficulty curve is smoother. So in between people playing I edited the game file and made most of the levels harder.

Then in the evening we had a demo and interview on the live stream. It was supposed to be a 4 player demo with Alan Zucconi, Mike Bithell, James Wood and Philippa Warr. But one of the control pads decided not to work. So James and Philippa played while Alan and Mike sat there an hugged.

Update 007: Insomnia 52

I took the latest demo of BFF or Die to Insomnia 52 in Coventry which is the biggest gaming festival in the UK. We had a space in the Indie Zone and about 100 people played the game over the 3 days. The response was great. As you can see from the vid the co-op aspect is working really well. People are having a lot of fun with the multilayer mode. As teams play they tend to communicate a lot and plan strategies together. Also a lot of laughs and surprises.

Still no 1 player mode yet but we'll get to that, we've almost decided on how to do it now.

Update 008: We Released the Demo...!

We now have a playable demo for PC, Mac and Linux. You can get it from our page on itch.io which is an online store for indie games with a pay-what-you-want model. You can play with keyboard or xbox 360 controllers. It's a lot of fun in 3 and 4 player mode. Have a go when you're with a couple of friends who are gamers :)
    http://honey-tribe-studios.itch.io/b...e-early-access

The latest vid is a compilation of player reactions from the various meetups and events I've taken the game to.

We've been busy making updates to the gameplay and level design. There's now a better mix of puzzle and action. You get moments of having to think fast on the spot and then calmer levels where you can stop and think.

I took the newest build to i53, Insomnia gaming festival. Here's a video from the Friday. You can download the demo here: http://tiny.cc/bff

Friday at i53, Insomnia Gaming Festival.

Here’s a dev diary vid from the Saturday of i53. Once again it was really nice to see a wide range of people having a good time and getting into the teamwork aspect. A few times some younger people sat down to play while their parents were going to stand and watch. I always try and get the parents to play too. Often they end up enjoying it just as much as the kids. One dad in particular who you’ll see in the vid was loving that it’s a game he could understand, enjoy, and play with his son as a team. Although at first he didn’t want to play, hearing his feedback afterwards was great. BFF or Die is a game that aims to bring people together so I was liking how much that came across to him.

Download the demo here: http://tiny.cc/bff

Saturday at i53, Insomnia Gaming Festival.