Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar

One bug and I'm out

I bought Borderlands on sale and I've enjoyed it, more so than most games. In fact I've played more of it than probably any other game I've bought this year.

BUT THEN.

I reached the Armory Assault mission and didn't complete it before the timer ran out - I freely admit it was my own fault, I was being greedy - and so I died. I'm now locked out of the Armory and can't complete the mission, and all of a sudden I'm pissed off with the game!

It's not even the core game, it's part of the DLC, but I now feel like I'm done with this playthrough. I might go back and start a newgame+, but this playthrough is now over to me. And all because of one broken mission. It's such a polished game, and this is the first bug I've experienced in it. Am I being unreasonable?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I bought Borderlands on sale and I've enjoyed it, more so than most games. In fact I've played more of it than probably any other game I've bought this year.

BUT THEN.

I reached the Armory Assault mission and didn't complete it before the timer ran out - I freely admit it was my own fault, I was being greedy - and so I died. I'm now locked out of the Armory and can't complete the mission, and all of a sudden I'm pissed off with the game!

It's not even the core game, it's part of the DLC, but I now feel like I'm done with this playthrough. I might go back and start a newgame+, but this playthrough is now over to me. And all because of one broken mission. It's such a polished game, and this is the first bug I've experienced in it. Am I being unreasonable?
    You can't get out before the timer runs. It's just a "grab as much as you can" then roll credits. There's a bunch of "post ending" content in Knoxx as well though, mind.
    Oh also, if it really is bugged, you can use WillowTree# to reset the other objectives on that last mission.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    You can't get out before the timer runs. It's just a "grab as much as you can" then roll credits. There's a bunch of "post ending" content in Knoxx as well though, mind.
    Oh also, if it really is bugged, you can use WillowTree# to reset the other objectives on that last mission.
    I got out fine before the timer ran out.... and yeah, theres some stuff to do after finishing the main story, like kill crawmerax or whatever hes called

You apparently have to activate something before the timer hits zero. I ran out of time, now the armoury is sealed and I have a quest ready to be turned in but no way of doing so. I may well be able to fix it with mod tools, but it doesn't matter: it's broken. The thing is, I put up with more brokenness from other games, but in an otherwise excellent game just one bug like this is more galling than a dozen lesser bugs in a game with lower production values. (edit:) Is that unreasonable?
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 09-09-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Why not just fix it and keep playing? I'm confused.

I guess that's a yes then. It's just such an egregious error - practically the final mission of the DLC is unfinishable in it's current state. I could find someone who hasn't completed it and tag along with them, or cheat. But there's no way to reset it and just do it myself within the game. I'm not not going to cheat just to complete it, but it'll be much less satisfying if I do and much of the incentive to carry on is gone for me. Maybe I'm just weird. I can live with that.